what's your vote?
conservative single stage, no eq
OR
agressive dual stage with Eq option?
OR
both?

Marc
Both of course! The more "tone" and options in this little box, the better! :D

Just purchased this. It's unfriggin-believably-good! Liking it a lot!

Might have found a tiny bug: The phase invert switch is actually inverted, that is, in the default VTP state the phase is reversed. Flicking the switch up corrects this phase reversal.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I tried this on some double bass parts - very nice tone. This is a very sweet and smooth emulation. I would like to see more options too.

bmanic wrote:Just purchased this. It's unfriggin-believably-good! Liking it a lot!

Might have found a tiny bug: The phase invert switch is actually inverted, that is, in the default VTP state the phase is reversed. Flicking the switch up corrects this phase reversal.

Cheers!
bManic
Thanks!

Actually, it's not a bug, just that we didn't explain this right in the manual. A single 12AX7A preamp stage is inverting inherently...so if you don't invert the phase of the input before driving the tube, then the output is unavoidably inverted...all single stage tube (or transistor) preamps invert.

So, the invert input switch, when flipped on, actually inverts the input...and two inverts make a right so that's what's going on.

Truthfully, we need to fix that regardless...because most people expect flipping the switch up to be invert, period...we'll look into that.

Keep in mind, another thing is that in the UK, flipping a switch "on" means flipping it "down" not "up"...so they're probably loving it just the way it is...lol.

Either way, thanks for the tip...I think we'll flip that...and if we're able to add a second stage, which adds another invert reversal, we'll make sure the invert switch makes sense no matter which mode you're using...
Marc Gallo, Ph.D.
Studio Devil Virtual Tube Amplification
www.studiodevil.com
"Desire Analog...Embrace Digital!"

egbert wrote:I tried this on some double bass parts - very nice tone. This is a very sweet and smooth emulation. I would like to see more options too.
One of the best things is when you have a track that doesn't require high end, like bass...or double-bass even better...

you can roll down that treble rolloff, and really warm things up...can even crank up the input drive with the rolloff down, and you get a smokey, growly tone from it....glad you found that it works on bass tracks too...I tried it on just about everything, and it really has uses just about everywhere...well, anywhere a tube does...which for me is just about everything :)
Marc Gallo, Ph.D.
www.studiodevil.com

K-Slash wrote:
StudioDevil wrote:actually giving a 2-stage tube preamp sim a spin today...this might be a cool option for VTP...might be a few more days before I can say...but I want to thank everyone for their suggestions for feature adds...we're listening and implementing them :)

more to come...
Amen to that !

That's what I call a responsive developers that cares about his users.
Damn, that's impressive. Ill be looking forward to that.

dw

Two stage option sounds good to me. I am more interested in retaining the option to use this sort of thing without pushing it into really obvious distortion - I really like the more subtle colourations and dynamic compression you can get with tubes. I'm sure with more stages the usefulness of this device for guitar overdrive type applications will also benefit.

anybody getting graphics glitches when changing the default presets?? win vst 32 bit

I also experience the graphic gliches also sometimes when I am changing the output also the input know moves, which really looks funny. MacBook Retina with RTAS with PT HD 10.

On the other hand I would like to point out that soundwise this is probably the best sounding saturation plugin on the market. I have them all and if you want tube sound, this thing really delivers, even when pushed pretty hard. I think this plugin really does deserve more attention. It really does sound analog. Great work...will the two stage be a free upgrade for the existing owners? :D

bmanic, How and what are you using it on?

On a lot of things. Synth sounds, guitars, drums.

A lot of ways to use it and abuse it. Experiment and have fun! :)

Cheers!
bManic

Thanks bmanic, I'm probably going to get it.I'm using it pre and post, amp simulator.I wish we had a longer period, before the demo shuts off, especially
when using multiple instances.

Agreed! The demo was extremely aggravating. I almost did not purchase it due to the very nasty demo but for the price and the "immediately obvious goodness" that it provided, I did anyways.

In general, I do have to say that this kind of demo is very silly and very short sighted by the developer. It actually makes people almost instinctively start searching for an illegal version just to be able to demo the product! :x

I can kind of forgive this due to the simple nature of the plugin.. but I still think it's a very bad demo.

Cheers!
bManic

bmanic wrote:Agreed! The demo was extremely aggravating. I almost did not purchase it due to the very nasty demo but for the price and the "immediately obvious goodness" that it provided, I did anyways.

In general, I do have to say that this kind of demo is very silly and very short sighted by the developer. It actually makes people almost instinctively start searching for an illegal version just to be able to demo the product! :x

I can kind of forgive this due to the simple nature of the plugin.. but I still think it's a very bad demo.

Cheers!
bManic
I agree.

the demo is totally annoying!

dw

bmanic wrote:Agreed! The demo was extremely aggravating. I almost did not purchase it due to the very nasty demo but for the price and the "immediately obvious goodness" that it provided, I did anyways.

bManic
Well, we're definitely glad you sensed the goodness underneath the demo :)

Actually, we get a lot of mixed reactions to the demo nag...I'm interested to hear alternatives that you would prefer? certain number of days nag-free? then goes to nag-ville? or something else?

We're looking to improve that this time around, and your feedback comes in very valuable to help us decide what works better...ideas?
Marc Gallo, Ph.D.
www.studiodevil.com

StudioDevil wrote:

bManic
Well, we're definitely glad you sensed the goodness underneath the demo :)

Actually, we get a lot of mixed reactions to the demo nag...I'm interested to hear alternatives that you would prefer? certain number of days nag-free? then goes to nag-ville? or something else?

We're looking to improve that this time around, and your feedback comes in very valuable to help us decide what works better...ideas?
imo,

It would be nice to have at least a minimum of 30 minutes to demo it, NI had that, but even it was hard to really A-B it with other things. Ideally a 14 day demo no save demo, then switch to annoying timeouts...

Currently I have this VT strung across a bunch of tracks to test it out and I keep having to start up one of them every 10 seconds. Really annoying, but I have to say it sounds good, but it is hard to truly test out.

dw

Return to “Effects”