T-RackS Custom Shop Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

K-Slash wrote:Why is there no drag-and-drop withing the T-RackS CS interface ?

That's a must-have feature IMHO :) !
I definitely hope this comes in an update.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Well. that is likely why a separate fix file is available - we do have to roll multiple fixes and test before releasing the next update, and the workaround is the file that has been provided. At this point, that seems fair.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Well. that is likely why a separate fix file is available - we do have to roll multiple fixes and test before releasing the next update, and the workaround is the file that has been provided. At this point, that seems fair.
I've never said anything was unfair. I simply prefer to wait for an official release than try some workaround that may or may not help. All my TRacks, CSR, SampleTank, and Amplitube CS plugins are working perfectly now so I really don't want to take any chances of screwing anything up. I have had an install issue with IK plugins before so I'm cautious....if a release doesn't come before the upgrade price goes up then so be it...it's not that big of a deal to me. The WinXP "Restore My Gear" issue was reported by others nearly a month ago. I was simply inquiring if the fix release was going to happen because on Dec 21st Paul said "Its not clear when the update will be out but it should be very, very soon."

I was just asking if it's very very soon yet....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Oh I didn't mean to imply that either. I was just kidn of stating how it is what it is at this point too :) I will see what's going on, I do understand that January 7th is kind of an odd date and I don't control the upgrade pricing but who knows. We're ramping up to CES at the moment, too, and there's going to be news there, but nothing on the desktop side from that show obviously. If there is any extension or news on the update we'll let you know here for sure.

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:
zeep wrote:For me it works fortunately, also win 7 64bit. But when i clicked Restore my gear it showed two different paths in the pop-up window: My normal vst folder where IKM is installed, and also a Program Files/Steinberg/vstplugins folder that doesn't exists. I don't even own any Steinberg software nor had i installed it at any point. My current win7 installation is hardly 2 months old.

Bottom line, perhaps IKM's "looking up the VST installation folder" function is broken.

And please dev's, stop defaulting vst installations to Program Files/Steinberg blabla.

**EDIT**
Check this path in your registry, and change it (if necessary) to your VST folder location. Then after that, reboot and try again to Restore my Gear.
Backup your registry before changing things if you're not comfortable with it.

Win 64-bit:
64-bit plugins path = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST
32-bit plugins path = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VST
The 2nd path that comes up is for 64-bit plugins. If you don't have your 64-bit plugin path set, it will default to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugIns. I had to create a .reg file to set my default 64-bit plugin folder in the registry.
Sorry, but this might cause some confusion and wrong installations later on to non-advanced the users that try to edit the registry.

The second path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VST is indeed for 32 bit plugins on 64 bit Operating Systems.

To make it short:

Win 32-bit:
32-bit plugins path = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST\VSTPluginsPath

Win 64-bit:
64-bit plugins path = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST\VSTPluginsPath
32-bit plugins path = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VST\VSTPluginsPath

Right, to be clear here, I was talking about the 2nd VST path destination in the T-RackS CS installer, not the paths zeep listed. I think the order of installation is 32-bit VST plugins, RTAS, and then 64-bit VST plugins.

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:Right, to be clear here, I was talking about the 2nd VST path destination in the T-RackS CS installer, not the paths zeep listed.
I guessed you were talking about that or the 2nd path in the CS dialogue box when restoring the gear - but looked "dangerous" ;)

Whenever I do a fresh Windows install (64-bit), one of the first things I do is add these registry entries:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST]
"VSTPluginsPath"="C:\\Vstplugins64"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VST]
"VSTPluginsPath"="C:\\Vstplugins"

This sets my default 64-bit plugins path to C:\Vstplugins64 and my 32-bit plugins to C:\Vstplugins.

You can copy the quoted text into a .txt file and then change the extension to .reg and it will be added to your registry when you double click it.

To change the name of your VSTPlugIns folder, simply change "Vstplugin64" and "Vstplugins" to whatever you want to call your folders. To change the path to a different drive just change 'C' to your desired drive letter. To add additional subfolders, use double backslashes between folder names like this: \\

So to create a folder on your D:\ drive called "VSTPlugIns" that contains subfolders called "32-bit" and "64-bit" for your respective plugins, your registry entries would look like this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST]
"VSTPluginsPath"="D:\\VSTPlugIns\\64-bit"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VST]
"VSTPluginsPath"="D:\\VSTPlugIns\\32-bit"
Hopefully this demystifies the whole VstPluginsPath a little bit.

I got an e-mail this morning saying the upgrade deals for TRacks Custom Shop have been extended to January 31st. Now that's fair...... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote: Hopefully this demystifies the whole VstPluginsPath a little bit.
You could add it to the FAQ / Info Base :lol:
Could be informative for many, really.

Teksonik wrote:I got an e-mail this morning saying the upgrade deals for TRacks Custom Shop have been extended to January 31st. Now that's fair...... :)
Read about it here:
50% off upgrade deals for T-RackS CS Grand extended through January 31st

Installed the T-RackS Custom Shop yesterday on my new Dell 8500 and as soon as I try to have it sync my owned plugs it crashes. :shrug: I'll delve into it more over the weekend but it made some comment about that Microsoft Visual C++ file. Amplitube Custom Shop on same machine is working perfectly.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

That's good news!

Was there ever any resolution on the upgrade for users who didn't purchase a branded Deluxe bundle but who own all of the separate components nonetheless?

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I got an e-mail this morning saying the upgrade deals for TRacks Custom Shop have been extended to January 31st. Now that's fair...... :)
Read about it here:
50% off upgrade deals for T-RackS CS Grand extended through January 31st
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:That's good news!

Was there ever any resolution on the upgrade for users who didn't purchase a branded Deluxe bundle but who own all of the separate components nonetheless?
I inquired about this via IKM's online support; a rep offered his phone number and asked me to call him directly (nice customer service anyway :)). Eventually, he was only interested in offering me a slight percentage discount off of the $149 upgrade from T-Racks Standard.

So far, IKM does not seem interested in providing an upgrade path for non-Deluxe bundle owners who have all of the singles that (imo) should qualify as "Deluxe". The explanation I got had something to do with group buy purchases which devalued the price of acquiring all singles over purchasing the Deluxe bundle.

YMMV,
R
Last edited by blueman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Well, that's all good to know and I will keep it in mind for future consideration. There are definitely quite a lot more fish in the pond. 8)
blueman wrote:
Sequent wrote:That's good news!

I inquired about this via IKM's online support, was asked to call the rep at IKM and he was only interested in offering me a slight percentage discount from the $149 upgrade from T-Racks Standard.

So far, IKM is not interested in providing an upgrade path for non-Deluxe bundle owners who have all of the singles that should qualify as "Deluxe". The explanation I got had something to do with the group buy purchases which devalued the price over the Deluxe bundle.

Confusing, right? I mentioned that I am a "loyal customer" of many years who owns nearly everything they sell and the agent was not interested in offering me the Deluxe upgrade cost, so I took my money elsewhere ;)

That's my experience anyway :shrug:
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Return to “Effects”