This new SSL channel strip from IK Multimedia looks great

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bk wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Also, I find that points like the one made about long-term usability and how it may be hard to do so for the user that made the point are far more realistic observations about a GUI. But again, I understand now that yours wasn't a potshot and your opinion is as valid as any other though I find no logical connection between a GUI like this and the sound quality/DSP programming of said plugin.

To try it, just download T-RackS Custom Shop free version at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trcs if you'd like
So, my point is illogical? You won't admit that the way something looks can affect the way a product is perceived by the user? Really? :lol:
That's an interesting opinion for someone in your line of work.

As for trying it, I've already said I can't stand to look at it. If I tried it and like it, then what am I to do? :hihi:
I can see not liking the GUI and I agreed (right there in what you quoted) that long-term usability can be affected but I don't believe it indicates in any way inferior DSP so yes I find that correlation illogical.

But on a better note, if you tried it and liked it, you could hope we come to our senses and consider updating the GUI before your trial resets again or right at that time so you can try it and like all aspects of it... One can only hope (meaning I don't have real news on this since we're still on the first day of release but it is duly noted)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
maxxxter wrote:Wow, it looks so "Christmass"-y that I actually expect to find some presents underneath it in the morning!

Sounds very nice though...
I'll give something to the first person who makes the British Channel GUI into a good Christmas tree and posts it in this thread.... Meaning, I'll put a present under it for them!
Hmmm, don't tempt me to open up Adobe Image Ready and do something animated...

Oh and I'm still disappointed that nobody has inferred that this GUI is linked to the Mayan prophecy/end of the world in some way.

metalifuxx wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
maxxxter wrote:Wow, it looks so "Christmass"-y that I actually expect to find some presents underneath it in the morning!

Sounds very nice though...
I'll give something to the first person who makes the British Channel GUI into a good Christmas tree and posts it in this thread.... Meaning, I'll put a present under it for them!
Hmmm, don't tempt me to open up Adobe Image Ready and do something animated...
Only if you want to win! That sounds like a shoe-in to me, but animation is not necessarily an instant win.

Not to harp more on the GUI but it is interesting to look at the T-Racks Custom Shop page and see that it really looks nothing like the rest of the gear listed. It seems like the GUI designers were either looking for something totally different or were not familiar with the rest of the line (which in my opinion all look really good AND user friendly, even the other new ones). It just seems odd to me.

Can't wait for the Christmas Tree Edition. This thread is taking a funny turn. Thanks for rolling with the resistance IK guys.
"What we play is life" - Louis Armstrong

K-Slash wrote:See, the point with vintage analog gear, is to mix with your ears. .... Glad that there's at least no graph.
A graph helps me know which knob I'm grabbing and what mixing changes I've done (additive v. subtractive) without having to look at all the settings of 12 EQ knobs.

But yes, totally agreed on mixing with ears the sound you hear. Still wish for the graph on all my "vintage" GUIs. More important than colors and 3D realistic wear and tear look.

paterpeter wrote:Image

OMG LOL
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Would this help a bit?

:)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm going to make a prediction that this plugin has a new GUI within a month...

version 1.1 release notes

- random bugfix, etc...
- new gui
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Don't say you didn't want it. No animation though, but you could only imagine...

Teksonik wrote:Would this help a bit?

Excellent - now I can hear it!

DELETED
Last edited by maxxxter on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

DELETED

maxxxter wrote:
kylen wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Would this help a bit?

Excellent - now I can hear it!
indeed, much better!
Actually the original GUI should be standard Demo mode for all plugins - companies would make a fortune with sales paying to get the decorations turned off... :lol:

Return to “Effects”