Headcase escapes into the wild!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:
Ken McLaren wrote: Here is a video that shows you how to download and install a head from the Virtual Amp Stash..
Hey Ken, cheers!
Virtual Amp Stash! LOL, great name, I love it.
Sounds a little bit shady...
Now I know where to look when amps go missing from the AmpliTube Custom Shop! :hihi:
Hey Brian.. I'm glad you guys got the NFR. Yeah it took quite a while and OMG talk about changes, that got out of control for a while there. At least now with it out, you guys, NI and the others know wtf I have been talking about for the last few years.. :)

The Virtual Amp Stash..
I wish I could take credit for it, but I can't. Thats not even our site, s1170 (Richard) owns that and the Virtual Amp Stash App is on loan. These Apps are basically HTML Applications with some BUC commands in them. BUC as you may recall is the scripting pre-processor we built for head case (Its pretty simple but really helps writing apps for head case). The BUC commands used in these apps are not really doing much, just a couple simple settings and warning suppressions.

Anyways, thats a lot more in depth than I intended to go, but I wanted to point out that we only provided the opportunity. The credit for Virtual Amp Stash and its app is down to Richard and Amit.

As for the content of it, Oh man, I have no idea where these guys are going to go next with their builds? I know we always encourage anyone building heads not to use protected material, but thats not under our control.

Either way I look forward to checking out people's builds, but what I am really looking forward to is getting the new Head Case 1.6 beta out and see what these guys do with that.

Anyways, thanks for popping by Brian..
Last edited by Ken McLaren on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funky lime wrote:another early purchaser here. it has been a long wait but DAMN this thing sounds good!

i had almost forgotten that i bought this thing well over a year ago, but i've just spent the last two hours playing it and it was well worth the wait! i am excited to see what comes next, as well!

congratulations on the release!

and guys, check this one out, seriously. for over a year i was always sort of put off by the interface of the betas, but with this final release something just sort of clicked in my mind and i fell in love with it again!

the level of detail in each component is pretty rad. hell, you can tweak the ROOM that the cabinet sits in, just for the ambient mic. what does shag carpet with glass walls sound like with a 1x15 in it, the mic 6 inches from the grill? and the effects sound great! that harmonizer alone is loads of fun for days, and thats before you stack 4 of them back to back! and the fact that so many dedicated testers have been designing custom heads for a while now means that this thing is way more than just what's printed on the tin. do yourselves a favor and support AcmeBarGig, even if you have a dozen amp sims already... they are simply a CLASS ACT with a fun, great sounding product.

anyway, back to annoying my roommates with some caffeinated riffs!
Thanks so much for this. Yes it really did take a long time, but now you guys can see the whole picture (where I wanted to go with it). I know at the beta site the overall vision for this was not always clear.. :) haha Thats probably an understatement..
:)

The few presets I have tried really invite one to
attempt new styles, not something dinosaurs normally
consider (and of course Dimi's demos always invite
one to practice just a wee bit more often! :hihi: )

Love the Harmonizer, 7s and 12s semitones invite some special tunings,
and I can't believe I forgot to plug in the twelvestring :dog: :roll:

As to the Headcase amps, I honestly think I've just heard the best tones ever.
Which says a lot, considering the quality of the competition.
Cheers

thanks glokraw..
I can't take any credit for the heads.. Well.. actually, the ones that come with head case are mine, but those are not the best heads IMO. The best ones are on Virtual Amp Stash free for download.

So, for building heads, because head case relies less on technical knowledge, and more on a person's ear, all you really need to have to build a head is a decent ear. The goal was to make sure anyone can use the builder, they succeed at something their first try, and its an enjoyable experience..

Congrats on the release! I knew ya'll would do it and DO IT RIGHT. Ken and all the abg guys have worked their butts off to produce this - been bullied, bashed and hounded to death by everyone and their brother over the final release date but they wanted it RIGHT. They've also been bitched out by all different forums and mods for even talking about it... It's a work of art brother. Ya'll did it. I for one knew you would.

It was never about the $$$$$ with Ken - it was "the love of the game". He's actually a great guitar player who happens to be a programming genius too. Hell the man has given away more stuff than he's sold - I know that for a fact. That's the kind of guy he is.

It's a beautiful FULL SUITE that's extremely underpriced by today's standards & has to be a nightmare for the "Big Guys".

ABG (along with Kuassa, & loads of freeware developers) has proven that you don't need to spend hundreds of dollars to get a full rich amp modeling suite.

Sincerely,
Strangedogs (what's left of him at 61)

;)
Last edited by strangedogs on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now the proud owner of an avid 11 Rack, Running Pro Tools 10.3.3 - for me it's heaven!

Wow thanks Strange, not sure what to say there man.. :o
Yeah it was quite insane for a while, it was like we were going in circles or something. Maybe we were? Hey maybe we still are.. ? haha

EDITED...
Last edited by Ken McLaren on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken I just edited the post brother.
Now the proud owner of an avid 11 Rack, Running Pro Tools 10.3.3 - for me it's heaven!

Congrats, Ken!
What I've heard so far sounds great, but I'm experiencing a great deal of crashes when loading in Reaper. Seems like about every other time I load it, it crashes Reaper to the desktop. WinXP, Reaper 4.2x. Also when using the amp stash, I'm getting errors when trying to access the "more info" button.

Any ideas?

@bk
Well the amp stash is going to be someone else to answer.. I'll forward on to them though..
The crashing..
Do you have SP3 installed.
Also is it any one app thats crashing? The Suite or the Builder?

@bk I heard there is a new updated version of the Virtual Amp Stash app available at their website..That may take care of that issue..

Amazing.

At one time or another I have bought all the Amplitube stuff, the Waves GTR, Guitar Rig 4 and the Peavey what ever it's called looking for a great clean sound and here it FINALLY is!!

First amp I downloaded from the Virtual Amp Stash was the Cupernicus Vintage Mint and voila: lovely rich clean sounds.

The set input feature on Headcase is brilliant.

Love the fact that I can load in my Redwirez impulses so smoothly and easily too. Haven't really scratched the surface yet but I've already got what I need.

Absolutely kicks ass. You knocked it out of the park. Thanks so much and congratulations.

A. W. Bullington

Ken McLaren wrote: The crashing..
Yes. SP3 is installed. I've only tried the suite and Loner. Both have crashed, and both have loaded properly as well. Once it gets loaded, they seem fine.

Thanks for the info on the amp stash!

w1awb wrote:Amazing.

At one time or another I have bought all the Amplitube stuff, the Waves GTR, Guitar Rig 4 and the Peavey what ever it's called looking for a great clean sound and here it FINALLY is!!

First amp I downloaded from the Virtual Amp Stash was the Cupernicus Vintage Mint and voila: lovely rich clean sounds.

The set input feature on Headcase is brilliant.

Love the fact that I can load in my Redwirez impulses so smoothly and easily too. Haven't really scratched the surface yet but I've already got what I need.

Absolutely kicks ass. You knocked it out of the park. Thanks so much and congratulations.

A. W. Bullington
Wow, Thanks..
I am really glad you said that... I'll tell you why. One of the reasons we didn't want to keep the name Shred is because it invokes the idea that the suite is all high gain, and that's not what we wanted to be. Once you are known as that, its VERY hard to get to be known for anything else. So, along with an upgrade to the pre-purchasers, came a name change, and that's why head case has the name it does. Anyways, history lesson aside.. sorry..

I am pretty sure Amit Talwar made that head. He has some really nice other cleans too, Woodie is the first that comes to mind.

Thanks for your comments.. :)

bk wrote:
Ken McLaren wrote: The crashing..
Yes. SP3 is installed. I've only tried the suite and Loner. Both have crashed, and both have loaded properly as well. Once it gets loaded, they seem fine.

Thanks for the info on the amp stash!
OK.. does the Builder load better?

Hello.
I would like to know if Headcase is 64 bit compatible?

Cheers
Simon

Return to “Effects”