T-Racks CS . . . Some Good, Some Bad. My Rant.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah I need to apologize to Peter, he didn't really misrepresent what came, 5 units, just it is hard thinking straight. I'll be giving it all time and shut up about it :) I am hoping SampleTank 3 also uses the Custom Shop and that I'll be a wiser shopper in the future so I get what I actually need. MAybe it is all 'user error' but hopefully this gets taken into consideration by IK going forward. I'm not the only one.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

My estimation is between 75 and 100 Gear Credits.

braj wrote:You can install CS and the old stuff will stay intact, irt doesn't seem there is a real risk, and you could just back up the originals just in case. I'd guess if you have any real issues it would be with the auth manager version.
Bit of a back story is needed...Several years ago IK held a free Mastering Class at the Palms Hotel here in Vegas and gave away a free copy of the Classic EQ to everyone who attended (just one of the many reasons I'm a huge IK fan).

Anyway I think this was back when the TRacks modules were not available outside of the shell as singles, it's been a few years like I said but there was some reason I wanted to install the single EQ which I already owned as part of the TRacks suite....when I got home and installed the single it broke my TRacks suite authorization and I remember it was quite a hassle getting everything back up and running. IK was helpful at the time and the rep who gave the mastering class (Tim ?) was very helpful getting me back up and running so no ill will towards IK from that episode, things happen.

But after that episode I'm a bit leery of trying to install this TR CS upgrade or the CS client update....I'd prefer not to go through any hassle again and it may well be that I wouldn't have any problems. But having read about the WinXp issue that IK has acknowledged I'll just wait for awhile to see if a fix is released just to be on the safe side....... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:I hope this clears all that up then.
We are still sorting out the policy on transferring Custom Shop purchases.
There are a number of legal and technical issues there which no one who would spend their day posting on KVR is qualified to address. We'll update you on that when we have something to say about it.
Brian, thanks for coming out and being as clear as you can on this. I probably got under Peter's skin in one of the other threads trying to pry an answer to that question from him, but something like your response was really all I was looking for. I appreciate that you guys are looking into it, and hope that you figure out a way to make transfers from the CS work, but the honest and clear status update is much appreciated over here.

Once you guys figure it out, post back to keep us updated. If you figure out a way to do transfers, I'll consider future purchases from the Custom Shop. If not, I'll use what I already have and be happy.

Again, thanks for the clarification.

Ah no, you didn't get under my skin - once someone hurls legal threats (again, not you) I've been around long enough to know that's time to clam up.

DELETED

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:
AudioGuy720 wrote:IK is trying to get around those types of laws by selling gear credits instead of direct software sales
This is just plain untrue. We began the Custom Shop and Gear Credits long before the EU case. In fact, we started developing it before in-app purchases existed in iOS apps... which, by the way, can't be resold. And neither can the apps. Or your mp3s.
Regardless of whether the pricing policy was changed before or after the EU case, which I'm not familiar with, having people purchase credits to then use to acquire software does circumvent those laws.

Not being able to resell apps on cell phones/tablets or mp3s is exactly why I don't and will probably never buy them. I may buy the device but not download paid software to go along with that device. I learned my lesson after buying ringtones and not being able to transfer them to my new cell phone. Luckily it was a $15 lesson and not a $100+ lesson had I bought apps on that phone. Never again though, never again.

Teksonik wrote:
AudioGuy720 wrote: Car dealerships don't get a cut when you sell your used car directly to a buyer. Or publishers for a used book. Or computer companies for used computers!
The difference being that you can't sell your car and still keep a copy to drive.....you can't sell a book and still keep a copy to read....you can't sell your computer and still keep a copy for yourself to continue using..... :shrug:

iLok 2. And other such devices where there isn't any usage of re-sold software allowed...

I will say this though, gentlemen:

As much slack as I see IK getting here, at least they and their support get back with us. I am dealing with an issue with SoundToys and they still haven't gotten back to me. It's been 2 weeks and no response. Their support ticket system sucks and they haven't bothered to email me back about a simple question.

So in order to use software I legitimately paid for I've resorted to other means. It shouldn't be that way but hey, I have no qualms about it because I bought the darn software! So good on IK for answering questions in a timely matter on this third-party forum, through their ticket system (that actually WORKS) and on their official message board.

My main beef with IKMM is the Pony they promised me ;.... Where's my dam Pony Peter ????

8)

:lol:
Financial solvency and KVR Mix as well as oil and water.

If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'm not touching a comparison with another company (and there's no hardware to compare with in this case *rimshot*) but thanks for the vote of confidence in those areas, AudioGuy720.

On the topic, the ticket system does seem to work but note we're always trying to improve on both a system and service level. I know a lot of the negative typically comes out on third-party forums and yes that may paint a worse picture than reality but also a lot of good comes from it which is great for us. I know the Support Manager gets pummeled with questions and requests daily, even just by my team, but we do try to adjust where we can.

I have to stress that we're here and in a position where we have a different level of influence on almost every single thing that we process so it can be complex. Bear with us on that, Brian and I communicate with each other and throughout the company as much and as well as we can at all times and we're (mostly) human. There are MANY factors involved in each of the many things we field here each day and we're doing our best to communicate to you as quickly, effectively, and efficiently as possible.

um, I don't think I want to see any "pony peters" around here thank you very much. I feel I am doing you all a service by NOT providing pony peters to the general KVR populace. Consider yourselves lucky.

Edit - and I can say I never imagined I'd write those two posts one after the other. Ever. From a heartfelt and honest post for the community to a joke with two references to pony ****s. I think it is time for bed. Stay classy, self. :)

:clap:

I hope you guys (well the company) lower the prices of the singles. 80 per is a bit rich. That is essentially 80 dollars.

60 (imo) is a more reasonable price.. it's not close to cheap, yet more reasonable..

To the point where I'm holding onto my credits until either the prices lower naturally.. or through some sort of sale. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes.. 6 months.. a year.. the credits are going no where. I hope IKM doesn't make me wait though for this pricing change to occur. 25% across the board decrease makes everyone happy.. including you guys! :)

Return to “Effects”