T-Racks CS . . . Some Good, Some Bad. My Rant.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: How should it work: any single/plugin I buy, be it from IK directly, the Custom Shop, or a third party retailer, should place a license in my account that I can transfer should I ever choose to. If I can't get that on Custom Shop purchases, then I simply won't make any Custom Shop purchases. There's a big difference between an $80 compressor and a $10 amp sim IMO, the two shouldn't be treated equally.
+1000!

Good products? Yes. Future-proofing revenue stream? Yes. Good for us? Not so much.

The Custom Shop is convenient. By biding my time and waiting for sales, using Jam Points, etc., I was able to collect most nearly all of the classic Fender amps through Custom Shop. I like em'. I use em'. I honestly don't think I'd ever want to sell them, but if I *did want to*, I can't. I like CSR and the T-RackS stuff, but if I did want to resell the CS version of White 2A that I just bought yesterday, I know that I can't.

Like I said in my OP, you can no longer resell individual plugins; only the "full load". If you buy a CS product, you can NEVER resell it unless you purchased it at full tilt price, without any upgrade options muddying up the waters. For example, if you bought any single [Pre CS]T-RackS plugin, that WAS NOT part of a Group Buy, etc., you could resell it (albeit, the transfer fees made reselling difficult). Not so anymore. The single plugins are only available via Custom Shop, and you don't get a personal serial number registered in your user account. Not cool.

This whole racket of selling fewer credits for the same money, sucks. "Tricksy, false". It used to be, as little as 1 month ago, that $40 bought 45 credits, $60 bought 70 credits, etc.. Now, post "Group Buy/T-RackS CS", the credit packs remain at $20, $40, and so forth, but you don't get the better deal; you get 40 credits for $40. Lower cost credits don't kick in unless you spend the much bigger bucks. Even at that, it's far less than it used to be.
Last edited by Brother Charles on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Brother Charles wrote: This whole racket of selling fewer credits for the same money, sucks. "Tricksy, false". It used to be, as little as 1 month ago, that $40 bought 45 credits, $60 bought 70 credits, etc.. Now, post "Group Buy/T-RackS CS", the credit packs remain at $20, $40, and so forth, but you don't get the better deal; you get 40 credits for $40. Lower cost credits don't kick in unless you spend the much bigger bucks. Even at that, it's far less than it used to be.
I totally didn't notice that. So a bad deal just got worse. Thanks IK.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

So there's a few bad things in getting T-Racks/updating from 3. But the British Channel is amazing! You just have to try it first! :love:
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Anyone know if I purchased all the singles to comprise the deluxe bundle through esoundz a couple years back if that would qualify me for the deluxe pricing of $99?

tdm71 wrote:Anyone know if I purchased all the singles to comprise the deluxe bundle through esoundz a couple years back if that would qualify me for the deluxe pricing of $99?
Best to ask IKM themselves, but I suspect that, no, you are only eligable for the $149 "singles/CSR/Standard" upgrade. It is a good deal, with the aforementioned caveats.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

A lot of it has to do with whether or not your singles were bought during any kind of super low promo. Which, the majority of us who have the singles I think, did.

Can i uninstall the Custom Shop and keep only the Authorization manager, Analyzer and the Classic EQ?

The Custom Shop application is separate from T-RackS or AmpliTube. You don't need it of you aren't going to buy any gear. But we'd like it if you did. And you'd like it too, because it's really great gear that will make your mixes happy. :wink:

Duplicate post...I blame the meds........ :oops:
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:The Custom Shop application is separate from T-RackS or AmpliTube. You don't need it of you aren't going to buy any gear. But we'd like it if you did. And you'd like it too, because it's really great gear that will make your mixes happy. :wink:
Any news on this? :)
Teksonik wrote:So any word on the WinXp issue? As it stands I can't access my gear credits because my AT3 client is outdated. From what I've read some people were having problems with "Restore My Gear" in TRacks 3 CS on WinXp so I've held off installing anything for the moment until a fix is released.....

For the record I'm a huge IK fan as they've been very good to me both as a customer and in private so I'm not in the least bit upset. It's just that I love and use my TRacks 3 and CSR plugins so much and they are working perfectly now so I just don't want to take a chance of messing anything up...... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

So to clarify how the transfer process works -
It's pretty straight forward. You can sell anything that has a serial number and isn't NFR.

If you bought a T-RackS 3 Single, say the Classic Clipper - that has a serial number and isn't an NFR. So you can sell it.

If you bought T-RackS 3 Deluxe - that has a serial number too and isn't an NFR. So you could sell that. But what you can't do is sell the Classic Clipper from your T-RackS 3 Deluxe all by itself.

If you bought T-RackS 3 Deluxe and got a free Black 76 and White 2A processor with it in a promotion, you can sell the T-RackS 3 Deluxe, and you still keep the free Black and White singles. But you cannot sell the free Black and White singles, because they were free, and thus are NFR.

If you are one of the several KVR users who blackmailed Peter for some free IK software with those compromising photos, you cannot sell those. Neither the software nor the photos. Because an agreement is an agreement, and that's just not cool.

I hope this clears all that up then.
We are still sorting out the policy on transferring Custom Shop purchases.
There are a number of legal and technical issues there which no one who would spend their day posting on KVR is qualified to address. We'll update you on that when we have something to say about it.

Teksonik, we are aware of the user reports on XP compatibility, and are looking into how to resolve it. We did test XP compatibility during development and didn't run into this problem, so it looks like it may be conditional. So anyone who does experience XP issues should fill out a Support Ticket. That would help us get to the bottom of it.

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:Teksonik, we are aware of the user reports on XP compatibility, and are looking into how to resolve it.
Yes I read that you are aware of the issue and working on solving it in one of the other threads. I was just asking if there had been any progress ........ :)

I just read your blog, BC. One thing you have to remember is that no one is forcing anybody to use their credits or to even give a single penny to IK Multimedia. Everyone is free to hang on to their gear credits until some sort of discount is offered.

Or if they can't control their GAS then they'll use them and (hopefully) be happy.

As far as the resale part of your rant, 100% agreed. Car dealerships don't get a cut when you sell your used car directly to a buyer. Or publishers for a used book. Or computer companies for used computers! But software makers have taken it upon themselves to abuse the locking mechanisms that software allows for and disallow reselling of their wares. Not cool.

I think license transfer fees are a crock as well. Another tactic to dissuade resale.

But if we don't like it we can vote with out wallets. I don't mind it because when I buy a tool I plan on using it and never selling it. Or if we REALLY don't like it we can make a big stink to lawmakers and get them to make a law that prevents things like this from happening.

IK is trying to get around those types of laws by selling gear credits instead of direct software sales HOWEVER a brothel attempted to do a similar thing by selling playing cards instead of prostitutes and the court didn't buy it. They were still shut down, jailed and fined. Consumer protection laws rock, for the most part.

braj wrote: BTW, I submitted a ticket for an install issue on Win 8, and the response was Win 8 isn't officially supported. While I understand this and actually got it installed just fine, it seems kind of dumb to me to not officially support the most current OS at launch.
What was your actual problem, and how did you fix it?

Cheers,
LiteOn

Return to “Effects”