ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

Hey

Just wanted to check how is it going :)

Tp3 wrote:Hey

Just wanted to check how is it going :)
I'll post here when I have news.

valhallasound wrote:

Switch back to coffee man... it really does work wonders... :D

I'll share a secret I just discovered: Cinnamon!

Cinnamon in coffee undoes a lot of negative effects of coffee on the blood sugar. So you can obtain the extreme focus without the panic effects... at least so far...

apparently cinnamon stresses the liver some though... can't win them all I guess...

(For those of you just tuning in, this was a topic earlier this thread or another thread, so this is not completely random spam...)

valhallasound wrote:I'll post here when I have news.
:tu:

Galbanum wrote:
valhallasound wrote:

Switch back to coffee man... it really does work wonders... :D

I'll share a secret I just discovered: Cinnamon!

Cinnamon in coffee undoes a lot of negative effects of coffee on the blood sugar. So you can obtain the extreme focus without the panic effects... at least so far...

apparently cinnamon stresses the liver some though... can't win them all I guess...

(For those of you just tuning in, this was a topic earlier this thread or another thread, so this is not completely random spam...)
I've given up all caffeine. I can't even eat chocolate anymore, as I start freaking out. I might look into cinnamon administered via other ways. Maybe hot cider. :dog:

My current way of waking up is switching on the laptop and reading email. Getting my pineal gland blasted with artificial light is the equivalent of that Huey Lewis video where he fills his sink with ice cubes and dunks his face in it. That's right. I JUST CITED A HUEY LEWIS VIDEO!!! The one that talks about wanting a new drug. Which would be appropriate for this conversation, but it would require citing the lyrics to a Huey Lewis song. Which is not something I ever want to do.

At this point, I don't need extreme focus anyway. Just time to plod through the steps. The AAX part of the code is easy now, but the Juce updates are what take the time. Especially since Juce breaks occasionally with the updates. Whee.

Sean Costello

You can cite his video but not his lyrics - you should seek professional help!

don1thedon wrote:You can cite his video but not his lyrics - you should seek professional help!
I had more exposure to 1980s pop culture than I would have liked.

valhallasound wrote:
don1thedon wrote:You can cite his video but not his lyrics - you should seek professional help!
I had more exposure to 1980s pop culture than I would have liked.
Nothing wrong with that as long as you stay away from the hairstyles....

Are there any news yet regarding V³?

:hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

valhallasound wrote: Getting my pineal gland blasted with artificial light is the equivalent of that Huey Lewis video where he fills his sink with ice cubes and dunks his face in it. That's right. I JUST CITED A HUEY LEWIS VIDEO!!! The one that talks about wanting a new drug. Which would be appropriate for this conversation, but it would require citing the lyrics to a Huey Lewis song. Which is not something I ever want to do.

Sean Costello
It's the KvR apocalypse the Mayan's warned us about. Translated their final message was

"when Norse envoys speak of hips and squares the sun will set forever...and now for the weather..."
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote:
valhallasound wrote: Getting my pineal gland blasted with artificial light is the equivalent of that Huey Lewis video where he fills his sink with ice cubes and dunks his face in it. That's right. I JUST CITED A HUEY LEWIS VIDEO!!! The one that talks about wanting a new drug. Which would be appropriate for this conversation, but it would require citing the lyrics to a Huey Lewis song. Which is not something I ever want to do.

Sean Costello
It's the KvR apocalypse the Mayan's warned us about. Translated their final message was

"when Norse envoys speak of hips and squares the sun will set forever...and now for the weather..."
Do you like Huey Lewis & The News? Their early work was a little too 'new-wave' for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own - both commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is 'Hip To Be Square', a song so catchy most people probably don't listen to the lyrics - but they should! Because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself!

valhallasound wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote:

Sean Costello

Do you like Huey Lewis & The News? Their early work was a little too 'new-wave' for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own - both commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is 'Hip To Be Square', a song so catchy most people probably don't listen to the lyrics - but they should! Because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself!
I'm glad this quote happened. Love American Psycho.

Galbanum wrote: I'll share a secret I just discovered: Cinnamon!
( :singer: "Cinnamon, where ya gonna run to? Oh, cinnamon, where ya gonna run to?" :singer: )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

valhallasound wrote: Do you like Huey Lewis & The News? Their early work was a little too 'new-wave' for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own - both commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost.
I like their first hit, Do You Believe in Love, which was written by Mutt Lange.

I never got into their big commercial hits, but I do agree they had an incredibly polished sound and flawless backing vox arrangement.

They always make me think of San Francisco, where I lived for a little while. I think Huey is from Marin County.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

valhallasound wrote:Do you like Huey Lewis & The News? Their early work was a little too 'new-wave' for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own - both commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is 'Hip To Be Square', a song so catchy most people probably don't listen to the lyrics - but they should! Because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself!
If you see Sean with an ax, run!

Return to “Effects”