ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

I speak for myself only.. ..tho i don't know if that count for you too since you wrote "for the rest of us". So better spare your advice for yourself?

Anyway, of course i appreciate Simon's work too - thats not the point but in this case what would you call this else then camouflaged advertising?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Spitfire31 wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:Can you keep your own (and to sell) products like "Tabula Rasa" out of other threads Simon? Otherwise i would count it to camouflaged advertising. Thank you!
Please be advised that you're not some sort of moderator or spokesperson for the rest of us.

Some of us appreciate Simon demonstrating what can be attained with Serum, also with the help of other effects (since especially the built-in reverb, which isn't that great) since it goes against the grain of an initial impression that Serum is 'harsh' or 'cold'.

If you don't like Simon posting examples of his progress with Serum, I suggest you PM him. Or just mute his posts. I appreciate his examples, though.

/Joachim
+1
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Personally, I appreciate Simon showing off different products, because his work is always unusual :hug: But I understand that it's difficult to draw a line between sound examples and advertisements.

Maybe a Show Case section would be a nice feature for KVR, where people can post sound examples for specific products. Could be useful for the developers and sounddesigners alike.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Serum meets VVV Smooth Plate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MdtH-FPZ58
Vintage Verb sounds absolutely top notch on these Serum sounds, although I don't have Serum right now experiencing this sound example here certainly means vintage verb will be on my short list for effects plug ins...
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

paterpeter wrote:Personally, I appreciate Simon showing off different products, because his work is always unusual :hug: But I understand that it's difficult to draw a line between sound examples and advertisements.

Maybe a Show Case section would be a nice feature for KVR, where people can post sound examples for specific products. Could be useful for the developers and sounddesigners alike.
1+

Thank you for understanding the problem and came up with a solution already.
Don't get me wrong.. ..just imagine other devs would do the same all day long? What a terrible place this would be.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

EDIT - NM

valerian_777 wrote:Can you keep your own (and to sell) products like "Tabula Rasa" out of other threads Simon? Otherwise i would count it to camouflaged advertising. Thank you!
No, I can't - if you don't want to see my posts, just mute me, it's very easy and this example will be the only one in this thread because it will be the only Serum demo I use VVV on - thank you for your forum policing, we all love you for this.

EDIT: and I couldn't give a dead trout to advertise a synth soundset in a reverb thread, I am not at all desperate for selling my shit, I just shared some nice reverb tails on a nice synth sound, that's all.

valerian_777 wrote: Anyway, of course i appreciate Simon's work too - thats not the point but in this case what would you call this else then camouflaged advertising?
I'd call that opinion 'incorrect'.

Heartfeltdawn wrote:
valerian_777 wrote: Anyway, of course i appreciate Simon's work too - thats not the point but in this case what would you call this else then camouflaged advertising?
I'd call that opinion 'incorrect'.
In my opinion, i'd call yours "correct"

:P

P.S. Around this peculiar topic of more or less camouflaged advertising, let me just recommend you now that 1.5 update is officially released to download my VVV 1.5 free presets uploaded here at KVR and based strictly on the NonLinear algorithm

:wink: :lol:
Last edited by Krakatau on Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:)

Spitfire31 wrote:
Please be advised that you're not some sort of moderator or spokesperson for the rest of us.
+1

valerian_777 wrote:
Thank you for understanding the problem
For me there is no problem.

valerian_777 wrote:
paterpeter wrote:Personally, I appreciate Simon showing off different products, because his work is always unusual :hug: But I understand that it's difficult to draw a line between sound examples and advertisements.

1+

Thank you for understanding the problem and came up with a solution already.
It's not a problem for me, Simon can post his stuff all day long if he likes IMO, I love to hear it. I can just understand that some people interpret such posts as advertisements if they contain excerpts of commercial sound sets.

I've seen other sound designers posting announcements of new sound sets in the respective products' thread. I've never felt disturbed/distracted by any of these :shrug:

The suggested show room would help to have all sound examples (additionally) in one place instead of having them spread all over page long threads. Someone who's interested in a product can immediately listen to more samples and see what commercial sound sets are available, which might influence a purchase decision. Devs can show off what their product is capable of. Signs designers can advertise their sound sets. A win-win-win situation so to speak.

BTT: thanks Sean for the updates. It's great to see such tremendous product support :tu: TBH I haven't had the time to play with the new version, but I'll do that ASAP.

There already is a (fairly recently created I think) Soundware forum just for this purpose. It's not organized by what plugin(s) they're for though.

Personally, I like seeing what creative pros come up with, especially for plugins I have or am interested in. It opens up my sense of what each plugin can do, and tickles my sonic imagination in general. It's no great hardship not to read or listen to ones I don't care about, and I believe I could block specific posters if they really bother me, though I never have.

In theory though, if every thread about a plugin consisted of 90% ads, that could be a problem, so a slippery slope is possible. Like lots of public discourse questions, I'd rather deal with that when it becomes a serious problem than preemptively prohibit behavior that might become an issue if taken to extremes. It'd be horrible if everyone in New York City took a walk on the same pretty little path in the park at the same time, but that doesn't mean it should be illegal to go there.

Simon's sound examples are always welcome in my threads.

EDIT: I can't emphasize HOW STRONGLY I feel about this. Simon's ÜberMod examples were things of beauty, and undoubtedly sold plenty of ÜberMod copies for me. As far as using his sound sets in the reverb examples, well, SOMETHING has to be sent through the reverb in order to make a sound. I absolutely adore what Simon comes up with, and I am always happy to see his sound examples!
Last edited by valhallasound on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”