Cthulhu looks interesting.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a quick note that Cthulhu 1.01b7 has been posted in the registered user forum, with the following improvements:

added: drag and drop MIDI export now applies master output transpose to notes.
added: "Watch" (eye switch) which works in conjunction with Menu->Remove->Unwatched Chords: Click the eye switch, play the chords you want to keep, then select Menu->Remove->Unwatched chords and all chords which were not triggered will be erased.
added: Menu->Transform->Populate Empty Slots with Variations: creates transposed "inversions" for all loaded chord slots.
added: shift-click learn switch = learn with timer: chord will not be learned untill the chord is held down for 1 full second. This allows you to try out chords quickly without actually them.
added: "remove duplicates" now re-sorts the notes of all chords low-to-high, to catch duplicates which may have had a different note ordering.
added: shift-click on piano to trigger chord; alt-shift-click to do both functions (change to a different chord slot and trigger it)[/code]
fixed: MIDI import menu item
fixed: clipboard (copy/paste) no longer clears when loading a new preset
fixed: paste on Arp now includes pattern name

Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu

Excellent Steve, watch and transform look like killer features! Getting a ctd with transform in Cantabile though also can't input notes with the mouse it seems...
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I wonder if Cthulu works with NI Maschine with its limited/non-existant midi routing. Would be nice to trigger chords of soft synths with a single pad stroke.

TheKid wrote:I wonder if Cthulu works with NI Maschine with its limited/non-existant midi routing. Would be nice to trigger chords of soft synths with a single pad stroke.
Standalone: load Cthulhu in Savihost and use a virtual midi cable to route the midi into maschine. You can do it in FL via midi ports and Cantabile with the racks, no sure about Live but those are the ways i get midi into Maschine, you'd have to use a template to do it in a single pad stroke though. :wink:

musikmachine wrote:Excellent Steve, watch and transform look like killer features! Getting a ctd with transform in Cantabile though also can't input notes with the mouse it seems...
Fixed and fixed... :oops:
beta 7b is up!
thanks for the report!

Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu

bitcrusher wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Excellent Steve, watch and transform look like killer features! Getting a ctd with transform in Cantabile though also can't input notes with the mouse it seems...
Fixed and fixed... :oops:
beta 7b is up!
thanks for the report!

Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu
Working! :) I tried the fill empty slots but the chords are spread right across the octaves, is there a way to constrain the notes?

Nevamind, the notes were spread across a couple of octaves, grouping them closer together gives better results. :)

Cheers!

Can one play individual chords and have them remembered by the plug-in? or does one have to manually add a chord in the plug-in?

thanks

pdxindy wrote:Can one play individual chords and have them remembered by the plug-in? or does one have to manually add a chord in the plug-in?

thanks
It has a learn function. You tell it where to start on the keyboard, either by clicking above the keyboard or hitting a key, then hit the learn button. Then it will start learning chords as you play them and place them on keys moving up the keyboard from the starting location. Then you can save that whole chord set for later use and play them back with single keys

ezelkow1 wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Can one play individual chords and have them remembered by the plug-in? or does one have to manually add a chord in the plug-in?

thanks
It has a learn function. You tell it where to start on the keyboard, either by clicking above the keyboard or hitting a key, then hit the learn button. Then it will start learning chords as you play them and place them on keys moving up the keyboard from the starting location. Then you can save that whole chord set for later use and play them back with single keys
Nice... that is compelling... thanks for the reply

Love this plug. Using it in logic is a little tedious, but worth it. Steve: can you please make this into an ipad app?
;)

musikmachine wrote:
TheKid wrote:I wonder if Cthulu works with NI Maschine with its limited/non-existant midi routing. Would be nice to trigger chords of soft synths with a single pad stroke.
Standalone: load Cthulhu in Savihost and use a virtual midi cable to route the midi into maschine. You can do it in FL via midi ports and Cantabile with the racks, no sure about Live but those are the ways i get midi into Maschine, you'd have to use a template to do it in a single pad stroke though. :wink:
Thanks for the info. Sounds rather complicated. Seems like no easy setup on this one.

TheKid wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
Thanks for the info. Sounds rather complicated. Seems like no easy setup on this one.
It's simplest with savihost, i just pin it to my taskbar and load the dll from there, set midi out to whatever virtual midi port i'm using, midi in to controller et voila! :D

Is it me, or, this plug does not load presets in demo mode? :?:

Rajah wrote:Is it me, or, this plug does not load presets in demo mode? :?:
Hi Rajah, Yes it loads them.

One point of confusion is that the presets should be loaded from within Cthulhu's GUI, not through the host interface - because Cthulhu is two-plugins-in-one in a sense, the presets included with the demo are either arp or chords. So you should use the Arp or Chords preset menus within Cthulhu itself. The next beta (up for reg'd users soon) will allow for loading either type of preset through the host interface.

If they aren't appearing in those menus, make sure you have copied the Cthulhu Presets folder alongside the VST.

Warm Regards,
Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu

Steve -

Cthulhu is an amazing tool. I cannot praise you enough for taking the time to develop this. I've spent a week adding chords and building my own banks and it's incredibly inspiring. The only thing I find problematic is that sometimes C seems to forget what it's supposed to be doing and the arpeggios/chords doesn't come out right. This usually solves itself after a while. I experience this when having a midi track controlling the output of C and C is controlling a track with a synth. What happens is that during the first loop the output is totally off - but usually catches up when the loop starts over again. I'm not sure if what I am saying makes any sense :?

Anyway - thanks. Brilliant stuff!

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Effects”