In search for a probability-based multi-fx/beat-slicer/looper/glitcher, preferably free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KTlin wrote:[...] Sound Bytes' s Effectrix
Nothing to add except Effectrix is from SugarBytes. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

OH...sorry! :oops: My mistake. I will correct it.
Thank you

Ok so there is that:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tv5jf17bm146qzj

It is a WIN 86 VST, made with Usine. I made recently a probability based drum machine, so I recycled the sequencer to make this.

It has a filter, phaser, distorsion, bit crusher and delay, controls for every effect and a step sequencer for the probability of each effect.

It is really basic at the time, I think the interest is more to use that kind of patch inside Usine, so you can use the sequencer to trigger third party VSTs.

Anyway hopefuly it will provide 10 mn of fun to some people!

for a two part solution you could use NI the finger along with a probability based midi step sequencer of which there are many. I don't know if you need free but Ive done some experiments with this and it is fun.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

tanabarbier wrote:Ok so there is that:
It is a WIN 86 VST, made with Usine. I made recently a probability based drum machine, so I recycled the sequencer to make this.
It has a filter, phaser, distorsion, bit crusher and delay, controls for every effect and a step sequencer for the probability of each effect.
It is really basic at the time, I think the interest is more to use that kind of patch inside Usine, so you can use the sequencer to trigger third party VSTs.
Thank you. It looks similar to de la Mancha's Machin. I'll give it a try.
Ah_Dziz wrote:for a two part solution you could use NI the finger along with a probability based midi step sequencer of which there are many. I don't know if you need free but Ive done some experiments with this and it is fun.
Yes. It looks like this is the closest thing to what I was looking for. I'm gonna use Artillery 2 though, not The Finger. I find its workflow and interface better. Unfortunately it's not free.
Now I'm looking for a probability based MIDI note/CC generator (rather then a sequencer). Something like de la Mancha's Manic, but obviously with MIDI notes instead of samples and obviously with MIDI out (http://www.delamancha.co.uk/manic.htm). If you know something like that, please let me know.

Thank you.

if you are a sonar user: the included step sequencer has a probability feature.

cheers, akj

Thanks akj. The thing is I only use Ableton.

Now I'm looking for a probability based MIDI note/CC generator (rather then a sequencer).
Lemur has some nice stuff if you have an iPad. For notes you can try ABreakpoint or Esowave.
Otherwise i would try to search the max/msp libraries on the web. I am sure there's tons of free runtime apps that do the trick. Of course there's also PD.

Thanks monas.
I've checked those two apps you mentioned. They are awesome. That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Unfortunatelly I don't own a Lemur or an iPad, and also I'm not at all familiar with MAX/MSP stuff.

you don't need to know the max language or have a license to use max apps. just get the free runtime version and you can run anything from the huge user library as a standalone app. just check out cyclings forums or one of the many other max resources.

scrambling up and randomizing midi data is one of maxs specialties and i am sure you will find tons of ready-to-go stuff out there.

All right then. I'm gonna give it a try. Thank you!

You could also look into Piz midi plugins, like Randomid and midiProbability. He's page seems to be down atm ( http://www.thepiz.org/pizmidi/ ) but you can find those plugins in other places too.

tanabarbier wrote:Ok so there is that:

Nice to see that VST building capability of Usine put to use, thanks.
(I've been a long-time Usine user myself, but since I don't play live anymore atm. I stopped upgrading for now before this feature came out).

Anyways, stupid question...
How do I load samples in this ? :oops:

edit:
Ah facepalm. it's an Audio FX only right ?

Yep, audio fx only, and if you have any pb let me know, I'll be happy to help!

tanabarbier wrote:Yep, audio fx only, and if you have any pb let me know, I'll be happy to help!
Thank you !
Nice to see that VST building capability of Usine put to use, thanks.
+1

Do you have some more Usine-generated VST plugins to share ?

Do every Usine-generated plugin have to come with a sub-folder with files ?

Return to “Effects”