Mods pls lock, if that's ok, topic fully answered, but now the trolls are here to drag it out :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vertigo is good, but it's not Glue. It's similar, but ... it acts so differently. I find Vertigo is actually better in shaping the sound in individual tracks rather than a bus, but YMMV.

For dance music set-and-forget, I would recommend mpressor.

If I may talk about The Glue more...

I love compressors. Good ones from top of my head -- all three Softube compressors, (TLA, CL1B, FET), all three PA compressors (Mpressor, Alpha, Vertigo), IK 670, CLA-3A, Vari Comp... these, you cannot go wrong with.

But I never liked The Glue. There's something about it. It is amazing, but I could never find out why I didn't like it. Maybe it's an anti-SSL thing or whatever.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

bk wrote:Wow. "Andy's a prick", now "Andy's a great guy!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad this turned out good for you because there really is no alternative for what The Glue does. It's definitely my favorite, and same goes for The Drop.
You are currently reading my signature.

ostfront wrote:
TheoM wrote:Now that he does, i realise there really isn't one.
[Haven't read the whole thread.]

So the SSL Bus comp is NOT an alternative?

The way you throw around opinions depending on your mood or whether you're 'cool' with the dev or not is just mind boggling [to put it mildly]. That's some really sophisticated trolling, I'll give you that... :hihi:
You're an idiot and then some. YOU are the troll because until Andy apologised via email and we had solid banter that worked out our differences, which was just a couple days ago, what i said at the time was precisely how i felt. So according to my other topic, i am a psychopath, who needs mental help, and this in this one a troll, and you are too gutless to answer my pm LOL...

It's just amazing that 2 adults can't sort out their differences at KVR professionally, and i have all the emails to prove this, the glue's quality was never in question, it was a personal issue with cytomic's transfer policy if you bother to read the actual topic, the transfer policy has been sorted beyond 100% to my satisfaction, without people jumping in to accuse of trolling. If Andy hadn't sent the email to me, i'd not have been a customer again. What's so difficult to understand about us working it out? Are you THAT thick? (well, probably)..so in actual fact, according to this topic and my other one, you are the troll, well, that's putting it very mildly. Wanker.

Buspressor is just as good as The Glue, now there is no substitute.

F*ck, I can't keep up!
Right, so i made it clear for what, the lat 2 years? that glue is my favourite product for the bus, and because once again as explained above due to Andy's license policy changing, and personal issues, i asked KVR to suggest alternatives.

THOSE ISSUES HAVE BEEN SORTED, so now, why would i use an alternative? I expected better from you BK.

Not only that, i thought i made it clear i will be buying the PSP at some point, as it's a product i barely knew existed, and have realised it is not only excellent but a great product to own should i want a different master buss flavour for a change here and there.
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amberience wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
we are supposed to be mates, don't bump and feed the trolls please. ENOUGH!

:tantrum:

:mad:

STOP THIS MADNESS AT KVR AND LEAVE ME ALONE GUYS. f**k! ENOUGH!

IF YOU WANT ME GONE THAT BADLY JUST f**king SAY SO And stop f**king trolling me!

I'll f**king go if it;s wanted by the majority, no problems. Ok?

djanthonyw wrote:I'm glad this turned out good for you because there really is no alternative for what The Glue does. It's definitely my favorite, and same goes for The Drop.
Yes, i know, the quality of the plugin was never in question, but at KVR i am not allowed to have an altercation with someone, seek an alternative due to said altercation, work altercation out like adults, and go back to using what I know.
Certain KVR members just have to turn that into something else.

THANK YOU Anthony for being the voice of reason and just getting it and accepting the simple side of stuff just the way it is, the way it happened, without trying to start something out of it. Thanks for your normal PM's. thanks for having talent here. In fact, maybe that's why we get along ok, we respect that we both actually have talent and are just people in this world who go through stuff day to day, and we accept people for who they are, without digging up the past and trying to make something out of something that has been SOLVED by all actually *concerned*. Thanks to the others like you, that make this place bearable.

Now mods, please lock this topic, As although Anthony being normal calmed me down, the others have got me riled up, especially that one that called me a psychopath in the last topic i made, just straight up that's what he said, and attacked my mental health again, I am afraid i am going to explode and probably get banned for life, so PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC. It has been SOLVED. thanks MODS.

Oh and Andy, if you are reading, feel free to chime in before the lock and verify that we had a big dispute that has been worked out amicably, and since we are NORMAL people, there are no hard feelings on either side and no need to continue to try make an issue out of it.

schnapsglas wrote:Vertigo is good, but it's not Glue. It's similar, but ... it acts so differently. I find Vertigo is actually better in shaping the sound in individual tracks rather than a bus, but YMMV.

But I never liked The Glue. There's something about it. It is amazing, but I could never find out why I didn't like it. Maybe it's an anti-SSL thing or whatever.

I kinda agree with you about the Glue... I couldn't really get on with it either so I sold it. That's not saying it's bad by any means, in fact it's great, but it just did'nt suit the way I worked. Unlike Vertigo, which I found a delight to use. Plus I love the way it shapes the sound (as you said). It's probably not the most transparent, but I love it! :)

Alpha is nice also...I do like SSL/Softube too.

PS - Mods, can we get some of the personal info' out of this thread? There's a lot of info that doesn't really need to be talked about here imo. And would probably be better aired via PM or personal emails.

Especially, considering the topic at hand...An alternative compressor to the Glue. :(
Last edited by Robmobius on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice to hear this is sorted. There really is no exact counterpart to The Glue.

It's extremely impressive and I love setting it to ridiculous oversampling modes and hearing the amazing "smoothness" of the compression. Try running at 96kHz and set it to 64x oversampling. Pure bliss. :hihi:

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Robmobius wrote:
schnapsglas wrote:Vertigo is good, but it's not Glue. It's similar, but ... it acts so differently. I find Vertigo is actually better in shaping the sound in individual tracks rather than a bus, but YMMV.

I kinda agree with you about the Glue... I couldn't really get on with it either so I sold it. That's not saying it's bad by any means, in fact it's great, but it just did'nt suit the way I worked. Unlike Vertigo, which I found a delight to use. Plus I love the way it shapes the sound (as you said). It's probably not the most transparent, but I love it! :)

Alpha is nice also...I do like SSL/Softube too.

PS - Mods, can we get some of the personal info' out of this thread? There's a lot of info that doesn't really need to be talked about here imo. And would probably be better aired via PM or personal emails.

Especially, considering the topic at hand...An alternative compressor to the Glue. :(

Ah, I envision the day when I make it to the level where I receive an honorary doctorate... in compression. :lol:

I grew up with people around me having fascination with everything SSL, so I swore revenge and announced that when I grow up and buy a console, it would be Neve. :lol:

And on a more serious note, yes mods, this is getting out of hand. Could you please... do something nice?
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

TheoM wrote: I expected better from you BK.
Sorry to disappoint, but it's true. I can't keep up with who the good guys and the bad guys are. We need black and white hats.

You expect to be able to express your opinion at considerable length, but my opinion is worthless, and I'm a troll. That's awesome.

I really need to stay out of these threads of yours, but I get sucked in every time! I rarely post in them, but this was just so jarring after reading your opinions of Andy in the past.

I get it, people have arguments, and then reconcile, but maybe you should hold back some of your opinions of people who have treated you badly, if there is a chance that might happen. Then you don't have to look ridiculous going back and editing posts, and asking for locks and deletions.

There are plenty of people on this forum I dislike (you aren't one of them BTW) but I doubt if any of them even know it, because I usually keep those opinions to myself. Let them dig their own hole, so to speak.

Just try not to post things that will come back to haunt you.

Still in denial...acceptance is the first step forward

bk wrote:
TheoM wrote: I expected better from you BK.
Sorry to disappoint, but it's true. I can't keep up with who the good guys and the bad guys are. We need black and white hats.

You expect to be able to express your opinion at considerable length, but my opinion is worthless, and I'm a troll. That's awesome.

I really need to stay out of these threads of yours, but I get sucked in every time! I rarely post in them, but this was just so jarring after reading your opinions of Andy in the past.

I get it, people have arguments, and then reconcile, but maybe you should hold back some of your opinions of people who have treated you badly, if there is a chance that might happen. Then you don't have to look ridiculous going back and editing posts, and asking for locks and deletions.

There are plenty of people on this forum I dislike (you aren't one of them BTW) but I doubt if any of them even know it, because I usually keep those opinions to myself. Let them dig their own hole, so to speak.

Just try not to post things that will come back to haunt you.
there is no need for anything i post to haunt me. People who have nothing better to do turn it INTO something to haunt me.

Not holding back on anything, thought there was zero chance it would happen, andy (pleasantly) surprised me, it was a mega surprise, and instead of people digging and trying to troll me, they should just accept it for once and stick on the topic at hand.

How's that for a solution instead of always trying to flip the blame on me?

ibtl!

I can't work out if this is about backpain, some compressor called glue or being tormented by trolls ?

KVR is becoming more like one flew over the cuckoo's nest everyday! ;)

Return to “Effects”