Mods pls lock, if that's ok, topic fully answered, but now the trolls are here to drag it out :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you still use Live in addition to Logic? If so, you can wait a bit an upgrade to Live 9 Suite which includes an Ableton-specific version of The Glue - if you were planning on updating to Live 9 at all, that is.

well i have a free version of live 9 coming.. yes so i will have the glue as such..

but i have no idea how to mix *into* the glue doing it that way..

note.. this is the way i work.. i mix into the bus compressor, and always will.

Logic is not a rewire slave, and even if it was..live as my main host? nah.

I use it purely for loop previewing and some time stretch when it does better than logic's. that's it.

I just don't think there is a feasible way to output logic into live's input and mix into the glue.
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I always preferred the PSP one to the Glue.

Fred_Abstract wrote:
bmanic wrote:
EDIT2: Another option is to get the SSL bus compressor from.. yeah, you guessed it, from SSL. I have a NFR license for it but haven't used it that much though. Mainly due to the PITA copy protection. Yet another dongle, same system as Reason is using. The WIBU key. You can also run it without the dongle but that means you need to be connected to the net at all times. It sounds nice though. Not sure about their resale / transfer policy though.
hey bmanic, no you don t need to be connected, it s just for installing ,ssl protection is well done and work without hassle
The reason i sold my duende plugins is because if you don't use the dongle then you only get 3 activations and once they are done you lose your license forever. SSL don't disclose this in ads/web-page but will try to push you to use the dongle when you are having problems. If your harddrive crashes or threw upgrades of your computer you can lose your license with the virtual-dongle. If you reinstall Windows and forget tp deactivate your plugins prior to reinstall of Windows O/S you can lose your license forever. I needed new activations after forgetting to deactivate my plugins before reinstalling Windows O/S and the first time there was no problem with SSL just a long process to get new activations and strong urging to use the hardware dongle but about a year later when i needed new Activations i was given them but was told i would never get new Activations again no matter what happens. SSL got stricter with their policy enforcement and said they would no longer give new activations to customers under no circumstances (Harddrive crash, Virus, forget to deactivate, etc) and they strongly recommend i get the usb dongle. You can only use them and have them installed on one computer also.

I complained and debated them many emails on this but to no avail. I was upset i was'nt told this at purchase or i would not have bought and continued to buy them over a period of time. They give you virtual-dongle option but don't state in marketing ads you can lose your license with it, and YOU WILL LOSE YOUR LICENSE AT SOME POINT. It's a guaranteed fail system cause you'll use your activations up with new computer builds, O/S reinstalls or lose all at once threw harddrive crash or something else. It's sort of 'bait and switch' they lure you in with the virtual-dongle option but then push you to get the hardware dongle or you WILL eventually lose your license otherwise. I loved the duende but i did not sign up for hardware dongle and i could not reason with SSL so i sold them before i used up my activations or got a harddrive crash, etc. I was a little sad but along came Klanghelm dc8c (along with my Ozone 5 dynamics and maximizer) and now its 'good riddens to bad rubbish'! I doubt i'll buy another SSL product ever again because of their misleading marketing and unfair policy and unreasonable employees. There's too many fish in the sea now. I paid about $800 for all of them duende plugins i owned and got about $600 back on resale thus lost around $200.

EDITED
Last edited by sounddesigner on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

I didn't say PSP Buspressor was bad. :lol: just more "colourful" than TDR FB II. I kinda prefer the colourful compressors for tracking, but the transparent ones are great for when you want to retain that "colour", keep it as it is. ;)

Sorry to hear that, sounddesigner. It does seem like companies are really overdoing these piracy "measures". It more often than not makes us feel guilty almost as if we are the ones who pirate the software. :( It feels terrible, and its time consuming to authorise so many software you have. I must admit that's one of the strongest reasons why I'm moving into the freeware world when possible, and just stick to the rare chosen commercial plugins. It's just embarrassing to have to pass through the exact same torture [yeah - torture!] every time you change something in your computer or the OS. :roll:
Last edited by DuX on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

sounddesigner wrote:
Fred_Abstract wrote:
bmanic wrote:
EDIT2: Another option is to get the SSL bus compressor from.. yeah, you guessed it, from SSL. I have a NFR license for it but haven't used it that much though. Mainly due to the PITA copy protection. Yet another dongle, same system as Reason is using. The WIBU key. You can also run it without the dongle but that means you need to be connected to the net at all times. It sounds nice though. Not sure about their resale / transfer policy though.
hey bmanic, no you don t need to be connected, it s just for installing ,ssl protection is well done and work without hassle
The reason i sold my duende plugins is because if you don't use the dongle then you only get 3 activations and once they are done you loose your license forever. SSL don't disclose this but will try to push you to use the dongle when you are having problems. If your harddrive crashes or threw upgrades of your computer you can loose your license with the virtual-dongle. If you reinstall windows and forget tp deactivate your plugins prior to reinstall of Windows you can loose your license forever. I needed new activations after forgetting to deactivate my plugins before reinstalling Windows O/S and the first time there was no problem with SSL just a long process to get new activations and strong urging to use the hardware dongle but about a year later when i needed new Activations i was given them but was told i would never get new Activations again no matter what happens. SSL got stricter with their policy enforcement and said they would no longer give new activations to customers under no circumstances (Harddrive crash, Virus, forget to deactivate, etc) and they strongly recommend i get the usb dongle. You can only use them and have them installed on one computer.

I complained and debated them many emails on this but to no avail. I was upset i was'nt told this at purchase or i would not have bought and continued to buy them over a period of time. The give you virtual-dongle option but don't state in marketing ads you can loose your license with it, and YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR LICENSE AT SOME POINT. It's a guaranteed fail system cause you'll use your activations up with new computer builds, O/S reinstalls oe loose all at once threw harddrive crash or something. It's sort of 'bait and switch' they lure you in with the virtual-dongle idea but then push you to get the hardware dongle or you WILL eventually loose your license otherwise. I loved the duende but i did not sign up for hardware dongle and i could not reason with SSL so i sold them before i used up my activations. I was a little sad but along came Klanghelm dc8c (along with my Ozone 5 dynamics and maximizer) and now its good riddens to bad rubbish! I doubt i'll by another SSL product ever again because of their misleading and unfair policy and unreasonable employees. There's too many fish in the sea now.

wow what absolute A HOLES.. will never buy ANYTHING from them now. THAT is dictatorship and i can't stand it.

I gotta wonder if it's legal to put a number of activations when it's one's own computer.. and you should be allowed to change machines whenever you want..hey.. things die. too.. gotta say man.. i'd look into that.. to actually block you from using your software. how can that be legit?

TheoM wrote:

wow what absolute A HOLES.. will never buy ANYTHING from them now. THAT is dictatorship and i can't stand it.

I gotta wonder if it's legal to put a number of activations when it's one's own computer.. and you should be allowed to change machines whenever you want..hey.. things die. too.. gotta say man.. i'd look into that.. to actually block you from using your software. how can that be legit?
As for being legit; it does'nt pass the smell test with me, i think at the least the fact you'll eventually lose your license with codemeter virtual-dongle should be required to be on main web pages and marketing ads so the buyer knows this important fact prior to purchasing and not get hugely surprised after it. I found this draconian protection method to be strange, derange and totally inconsiderate and uncaring for the customer. I never encountered such a weird 'guaranteed to fail the user copy-protection system'. I try to be careful and get as much info on products as i can before i purchase and still did not see that one comming. There was a arrogance vibe from SSL and the whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth!

EDITED
Last edited by sounddesigner on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

That is absolutely incredibly draconian policy if correct. Holy hell! There's no way I want yet another dongle in the machine. I already have 3. iLok1, iLok2 and Syncrosoft. A wibu key would make it 4 which is way too much.

Luckily I don't feel like I absolutely need any software from SSL. They don't really have anything "essential" in my opinion. Neither hardware nor software.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

That sounds bad. But i gotta say, i use the same no-dongle license and have never had a problem with ssl. Granted, i think i've used 2 activations only.
I highly doubt though that when i get a new pc they will send me a warning that i can never use their software again.
Nowadays a lot of producing is done on the road. Most producers i know have a daw at home and a macbook for travel. Surely a company knows this and will offer the best support.

zeep wrote:That sounds bad. But i gotta say, i use the same no-dongle license and have never had a problem with ssl. Granted, i think i've used 2 activations only.
I highly doubt though that when i get a new pc they will send me a warning that i can never use their software again.
Nowadays a lot of producing is done on the road. Most producers i know have a daw at home and a macbook for travel. Surely a company knows this and will offer the best support.
you might wanna send SSL a email and ask them before using up all your activation. They will confirm what i say is true. It does sound extremely draconian to the point of being unbelievable but it is true and i was hugely surprised and completely caught off guard by it. You might get lucky and get 1 reset like i did after they decided to enforce this rule but you won't continue to get activation resets threw-out life. If you contact support they'll try to push you to use the hardware dongle and give the threat of losing your license otherwise. I strongly advise duende users to contact SSL and investigate further to know what you're into, show them this thread if necessary. It is so draconian that it is unbelievable, i know.

EDITED
Last edited by sounddesigner on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

bmanic wrote:
Luckily I don't feel like I absolutely need any software from SSL. They don't really have anything "essential" in my opinion. Neither hardware nor software.

Cheers!
bManic
At the time of purchase the duende were somewhat essential to me (I did'nt really like the Native alternatives at the time), but now i completely agree with you they are totally unnecessary. But SSL seem to think otherwise judging by their practices imv. Arrogant companies often get hurt by such policies once users are aware of them and further educated. There's good reasons i'm sure, why Waves and others changed over the years to be more user friendly companies.

TheoM wrote:Hi everyone.. without demoing 100 plugins maybe you can all point me the right way

The story part:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok i want to explain once and for all:

This is reality. My health is declining, NOT getting better, the only days i feel good is when i am on pain meds. Even today on high doses, my back was killing me and knifing pain.

Now, as plenty of you know i have complete one sided deafness.. the other ear is ok but not fantastic, and i face the very real possibility of one day , if anything ever happens to that ear, say an infection and i get some hearing loss, i won't really be able to make music anymore.

between that and my back it is hard. I KNOW i have bad buying/selling habits that i am trying to fix and since been back to logic after reason have been very careful with my purchases.. anything i sell will be something i had before that never use.. i haven't bought anything i have re-sold this time :)

Thus i am no longer buying ANY plugins under ANY circumstances that i can not transfer in the future. I feel that i have 5 years left in me, i am 40 now, and i really don't think i'll be making music forever cause my health just isn't coping. It's just REALISM guys.

All i want to know, is that IF or WHEN that day comes that i really do quit for GOOD, i will be able to get something back for my purchases. I created a standard email that i sent to many devs who don't offer transfers explaining the situation, and all agreed that it was ok to transfer if the time came.. very well written polite email.. explaining my personal situation and being open and honest. the only thing i changed in each email was the respective products i was inquiring about.
SO besides Andy, (i won't even ask fxpansion, that's a long story leave it at that), every single one of them was willing to help me out, every one.

I desperately wanted the glue and the drop as i feel they are the best of their class. I regret selling the glue when i went to reason which turned out to be temporary, because i had bought it at a time where i was allowed to transfer my copy.. people who bought prior to Andy changing his policies were allowed to do that. So if i still had it i could sell it when needed to.

Andy and I got into stupid banter, i eventually got nasty cause he was being a smart ass, but i am not getting into that either.... *snip*

Couldn't you have just asked for the plugin you wanted, without making us all read this terribly sad story?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

sounddesigner wrote:
TheoM wrote:

As for being legit; it does'nt pass the smell test with me, i think at the least the fact you'll eventually lose your license with codemeter virtual-dongle should be required to be on main web pages and marketing ads so the buyer knows this important fact prior to purchasing and not get hugely surprised after it. I found this draconian protection method to be strange, derange and totally inconsiderate and uncaring for the customer. I never encountered such a weird 'guarateed to fail the user copy-protection system'. I try to be careful and get as much info on products as i can before i purchase and still did not see that one comming. There was a arrogance vibe from SSL and the whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth!

EDITED

TBH codemeter is the one protection i really dislike. it's a constant running backround service and it's happy to eat cpy.. could never stand it on my mac.. i felt a performance hit with it running, honest. (and who knows if that has anything to do with reason 6 and RE performance issues, the re's are kept on the dongle, or log in, but still codemeter)

Always been a major turn off to the SSL for me.. i must admit i quite like the drumstrip though, and the channel.. if i had to buy two duende plugins they would be the ones. But i won't install codemeter for one brand as there is nothing else whatsoever i have that uses it.

Glad you found your perfect plugin.
From the beginning I was thinking SSL too, and it's true that it doesn't have highpass and dry/wet but it does a good SSL sound indeed...

I was not aware of the native version policy, it does sound a "bit" exagerated. I have a mini duende and I have to say that it is quite good, I mostly use the channel and bus comp (X comp and X eq too, sometime), and the main plus for me is that it helped me start mixing with less tools and obliged me to learn them.
The main issue for a while was to not overdo it with the buscomp, gosh it sounds so good when smashing everything... But then not so good finaly, eh.

Bus in StripBus contains what you are looking for, even though it is just called 4k ;)

Return to “Effects”