Transient Shapers (you gotta love'em!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just thought I sounded better with

I got the Attacker and the Mo-Verb some time ago, and for the reason someone has mentioned: you don't need iLok. But I don't know if Plugin Alliance still offers challenge and response codes. The lack of a 'De-Attacker' might put off some users. I guess the logic from SPL's point of view was that the most common use of transient shapers is to make drums spit. So why would anyone want to reduce the gain of transients? If crudity is what you want, the Attacker is certainly capable of that. If you want something more subtle or for wider instrumental applications, perhaps the Transient Monster by Stillwell or BitterSweet by Flux might be sensible and inexpensive alternatives. BitterSweet can be used, for example, to vary the tone of a sampled acoustic piano. It's a really excellent plugin, in my opinion.

the one included with cubase is my favorite. The waves one works well on single sounds, but less so on loops/ submixes.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

hibidy wrote:I just thought I sounded better with
Nah. It's your natural charm. You just sound better. Period. :hihi:
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

ferez21 wrote:I thought this might be of interest to the people here:

You can get 3 SPL plugins for a total of 20$ (or a single one for 9$) at Plugin-Alliance : Attacker, De-Verb and Mo-Verb.

Use coupon code SPLUSALAUNCH at checkout (This will basically give you a 50$ discount on every SPL plugin in your cart).
Thank you ferez21,
This deal was "no brainer" for me. I have always thought SPL makes the best sounding transient devices.
cheers

the SPL and NI transient shapers do a similar job (of course), but they vary slightly in tone. The NI transient master generally adds a bit of low end for some reason, where the SPL is more transparent.

ferez21 wrote:I thought this might be of interest to the people here:

You can get 3 SPL plugins for a total of 20$ (or a single one for 9$) at Plugin-Alliance : Attacker, De-Verb and Mo-Verb.

Use coupon code SPLUSALAUNCH at checkout (This will basically give you a 50$ discount on every SPL plugin in your cart).
Wow, found this just now. Great deal. Thanks a lot.

I used to have SPL attack from a previous promotion. Its nice but I much prefer P&M Transcontrol as it has a sustain control as well as attack making it a lot more versatile.

I have the P&M Bundle, but I think their Transcontrol is the worst of all.
I can't get anything useful out of it. It just don't work. I have always the problem that the intense of the effect changes periodically.
I have also bought the NI one and think that it's sound suits me the best.

rasmusklump wrote:I have the P&M Bundle, but I think their Transcontrol is the worst of all.
Yeah, had a play with that the other day, after less than 5 minutes probably, didn't give it another chance! :P

Return to “Effects”