Plug & Mix Opinions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's a lot of talk in the Market thread on the Plug & Mix 40-plugin deal about the sale but not a lot of talk about the plugins themselves. I'm on the fence about it; seems like it's NFR and it looks like a great starter pack but not so interesting for people like me who already find they have too many plugins... ;)

But there are a few standouts and frankly I like the simplicity; sometimes it's nice to forgo the advantages of complexity in favor of simplicity and effectiveness. Anyone have any opinions on these? I got the Dimension 3D through their Facebook freebie and it sounds really nice. I'm going to take a closer look at the others; downloading the demo now...

I poked around with it today. I also like the simplicity. But the simplicity is probably what throws me off too. The reason I was bringing up the NFR thing in the Marketplace, was because I just can't tell if these are going to get used until I need to use them. I have a lot of plugs that serve the same function already.

I liked Dimension 3d, Echoflex, cool vibe. I did find that I could stack a lot of these on top of each other (with granular, reverbs) without too much of a CPU hit which was nice.

I was hesitant for a long while thinking i had too many plugs covering most of what they offer already. But I decided to jump for it because i wanted more of the weird ones (octaplexer etc). Now though it seems like the "normal" ones are the ones i like the most. I realize that i must suffer from some kind of too-many-knobs-panic. Limitation boosts creativity. Here i can be limited in one way but still have many options with the amount of plugins. It works for me :)
Having the same gui base appeals to me. We all have our ocd's or similar obsessions.

The Oh Ba Wah is GREAT on synths! Combine it with the LS Rotator. Great swooshy growl.

What sucks though is that i won't be able to save the settings for another four days :x
:hug:

I loved the immediate results i got with

Ambisonic
Cool Vibe
Abbey Road (liked it more than the original plugin!)
Dim D (much stronger effect than in ERS Dim D)
Distorted
Granulizer
Digi plate
Analoger (usually u have to dial some heights out)
Ob lah wah (try it on dubsteppy sounds!)
Air EQ
Tremolo pan (really nice)

And some more!

There was only two plugins i did not like i think the phaser or flanger one and octaplexer. Also i didnt understand the tilt eq iirc ^^

Enough easy to use material to justify the purchase!
Finally!

I really like this bundle of mini plugs they do sounds good , dimension d is best i used most of the plugins are good !

If you have a lot of plugins, it might be so-so. But there are some really nice things in there. So if the bundle price goes to 99$ then it might be worth even for those 4-5 good plugs.

Best ones in my opinion:
Dimension D - very nice chorus
Echoplex - good delay
CoolVibe - pretty unique
Granulizer - can make some grazy sounds
PsycoRing - surprisingly useful plugin for adding edge to sounds.
Analoger - too harsh to be useful as regular saturator/tape emu, but good for doing lo-fi
No signature here!

i really like the cool vibe, sorta like that una-vibe Hendrix used on his guitar
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Breeze wrote:[...] seems like it's NFR [...]
It also seems that such restrictions are null and void as a matter of law - in the member states of the EU, at least.

At this cheap price it shouldnt even matter.
Finally!

I have to say that after trying some of them I became a fan some time ago. I made also some test mixes. Even on mp3 quality you can hear differences. Those plugins are not the subtle things.
In my mixes I use Clarisonix the most, but others are also getting some "action" too.
Clarisonix and Stereolizer test on strings:
http://soundcloud.com/mihai-sorohan/p-m-plug-ins-test-1
Clarisonix test in a rock setting:
http://soundcloud.com/mihai-sorohan/p-m-plug-ins-test-2

cyphersuit wrote:At this cheap price it shouldnt even matter.
If you'd buy, say, a cheap bottle of milk, would you accept a contractual restriction that you are forbidden to resell it? To me that would be ridiculous, and that is about first principles much rather than any anticipation of the eventuality that I may wish to resell a purchase later on (I would not even consider reselling milk, in any case).

Moreover, such restrictions affect third parties, and as such, it is not sufficient to say that you don't care about it yourself. In a bankruptcy or divorce, for example, your creditor / spouse may have a valid legal right to force the sale of any assets, and that includes software as much as anything else with monetary value.

Does anyone have an opinion about the various amp sims? I know there's a Marshall and a British emu.

Frankly, before the group buy was announced, I was thinking about getting a couple of these individually. I got the Reverb as a freebie, and I really like it. Lush and full.

At the current price, it's essentially like buying 2 at the pre-sale price, getting the rest for free.

BTW, assuming the numbers are real, I've got to say that I am impressed with the numbers posted for 'investors.' I don't think I've ever seen one of these where numbers in the thousands were posted in such a short period of time. The IK group buys (with international presence and an established world-wide sales network) took MONTHS to get those same numbers on group buys with SERIOUS discounts on sought-after gear.

But what do I know. I just keep buying...

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Ch00rD wrote:
cyphersuit wrote:At this cheap price it shouldnt even matter.
If you'd buy, say, a cheap bottle of milk, would you accept a contractual restriction that you are forbidden to resell it?
Yes. I purchase milk to drink not to resell it. That would be no problem.

I also buy software to work with it, not to resell it.

Meh, save the NFR complaints when ONE plugin cost the same as all these 40 in this group buy's current figure.

Btw, has the milk been used? Or is it still unopened when you resell it? Software don't decay. If you sell software it will be in exactly the same shape as it was when you bought it (unless you loose support, ability to download the installation files etc).
:hug:

I kinda like em.

Return to “Effects”