Anyone else anticipating the new Cerberus Audio thingy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A.M. Gold wrote:Yes, but that's not the point. The point is you are offering a two for one.

I can pretty much guarantee you won't sell many licenses for Volt based on this two for one offer. Volt is cheap enough that if someone wanted it, they would already have bought it.

Throwing in a license for a big "X" plug-in that has a unique approach that people can only guess about the effect of is unlikely to make people want Volt when they didn't want it already. The offer you are giving here, I'm afraid, makes no sense.
My thoughts too:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 91#5321191

It would help if the website ditched the annoying Flash thing and gave some proper information. I want a comb filter if it is geared towards creative effects, I am not so interested if it's just a mastering tool.

TheoM wrote:The weird thing is, Cerberus did not tell me at all what i could or couldn't say.. so.. i am just doing what my conscience tells me.. cool?
sure.
A.M. Gold wrote:The offer you are giving here, I'm afraid, makes no sense.
this thread has raised awareness for us. thank you.
aMUSEd wrote:My thoughts too:

It would help if the website ditched the annoying Flash thing and gave some proper information. I want a comb filter if it is geared towards creative effects, I am not so interested if it's just a mastering tool.
i'm sorry we disappoint you. however, epoch isn't just a mastering tool.
welcome to epoch
enjoy volt

cerberus wrote:
TheoM wrote:The weird thing is, Cerberus did not tell me at all what i could or couldn't say.. so.. i am just doing what my conscience tells me.. cool?
sure.
A.M. Gold wrote:The offer you are giving here, I'm afraid, makes no sense.
this thread has raised awareness for us. thank you.
aMUSEd wrote:My thoughts too:

i'm sorry we disappoint you. however, epoch isn't just a mastering tool.
I'm not disappointed, I just hate flashy Flash based websites that make you wait while it spoonfeeds you minute snippets of information one bit at a time (and still doesn't tell me what I need to know to make an informed decision about buying it).

Yea, make no mistake, we AREN"T disappointed, we are just totally in the dark. It's hard to be disappointed by something you have so little information about.

From the look of this thing I may really want it, particularly at the intro price, and with getting the two plug-ins together for that price. I just won't know and will most likely not take the chance until I hear some audio examples showing off the most relevant capabilities. If I like them, you will most likely have a sale (and maybe many more to).
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Intriguing. Looking forward to hear some audio demos.

A.M. Gold wrote:Yea, make no mistake, we AREN"T disappointed, we are just totally in the dark. It's hard to be disappointed by something you have so little information about.
The only specific questions about Epoch that I see here are:

Q: Isn't there some sort of unwritten law that you can't sell this until you produce some audio demos?

A: No, many companies sell fx plug-ins without linking to any audio demos. The potential cost of producing audio or video demos including clearances for any copyrighted material, including content sampled from other companies' products, hasn't been factored into the price of Epoch 1.0. Do you think we should ask our users to pay for enough content to demonstrate every possible sweet spot and utility of Epoch? We didn't plan to carry those coals to Newcastle, since if you don't have any suitable content of your own, then Epoch probably isn't for you. We offer free demos of our released plug-ins so that anyone who has a deeper interest may determine their usefulness for themselves.

--------

Q: "Comb filter" may seem to imply that perhaps Epoch is a mangler, mulcher, stompbox?

A: No, Epoch is not a mangler. I hope that the product announcement is clear regarding that.

--------

Q: Is there more information to be had at this moment?

A: The Epoch User Guide is incomplete, and there aren't enough factory presets. These are holding up the release. In the meantime I will try to answer technical questions about Epoch.
welcome to epoch
enjoy volt

cerberus wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:Yea, make no mistake, we AREN"T disappointed, we are just totally in the dark. It's hard to be disappointed by something you have so little information about.
The only specific questions about Epoch that I see here are:

Q: Isn't there some sort of unwritten law that you can't sell this until you produce some audio demos?

A: No, many companies sell fx plug-ins without linking to any audio demos. The potential cost of producing audio or video demos including clearances for any copyrighted material, including content sampled from other companies' products, hasn't been factored into the price of Epoch 1.0. Do you think we should ask our users to pay for enough content to demonstrate every possible sweet spot and utility of Epoch? We didn't plan to carry those coals to Newcastle, since if you don't have any suitable content of your own, then Epoch probably isn't for you. We offer free demos of our released plug-ins so that anyone who has a deeper interest may determine their usefulness for themselves.

--------

Q: "Comb filter" may seem to imply that perhaps Epoch is a mangler, mulcher, stompbox?

A: No, Epoch is not a mangler. I hope that the product announcement is clear regarding that.

--------

A: The Epoch User Guide is incomplete, and there aren't enough factory presets. These are holding up the release. In the meantime I will try to answer technical questions about Epoch.
You have a lot to learn about business, Cerberus, and you come across like a hobbyist.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

--------

A: The Epoch User Guide is incomplete, and there aren't enough factory presets. These are holding up the release. In the meantime I will try to answer technical questions about Epoch.[/quote]

Not really a technical question but what does it do?

baconpriest wrote:
Not really a technical question but what does it do?
:lol:

A.M. Gold wrote:You have a lot to learn about business, Cerberus, and you come across like a hobbyist.
Have you created any software or hardware yourself? Does it run on OSX and Windows? Does your software have many users? Will you be offering VST3 this time around? Do you fix your own bugs? Show us how you run your audio software business, please.
baconpriest wrote:Not really a technical question but what does it do?
from the first sentence of the product announcement: "...a plug-in effect for achieving unique dynamic tonal shifts, and an alternative to conventional signal processors, such as equalizers and compressors. "
Last edited by cerberus on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
welcome to epoch
enjoy volt

this thread has gone down the drain. this had the potential to go win-win, but it is now "lose-lose". some people made cerberus present himself in a wrong way.

personally i got the impresson of not wanting to buy anything from cerberus, but i see how at the same time he was driven to behave the way he did. sad story. typical kvr.
Finally!

No, no one made Cerberus do anything. Cerberus refuses to do anything, that is the only thing that made the thread deteriorate.

Music has to be cleared or licensed before making an audio demo? Give me a break. Cerberus, do you not own a copy of Garageband or any such thing? Do you not own any royalty-free audio loops?

Your act is very much not together at this point, I'm afraid. In fact, I've never seen a developer do anything like this before.

FFS, talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. You can buy a plugin now for cheap (Volt), use it now (or not), and when the next one comes out (Epoch) you GET IT FREE. It's called a deal for a reason.

For me personally, I would rather a developer spend their time working on their product rather than cranking out marketing materials to sell it to me (audio demos, shinier websites to make everyone happy, etc.). I'm interested in this plugin, but I'll wait patiently for a demo.

Surely a couple of dry and wet samples would shut us all up.
Baffled as to the complete refusal to do so.

Reading the description it makes me think of SKnote Grasso, another none compressor/EQ that belongs in the dynamics family.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

DJMashbot wrote:FFS, talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. You can buy a plugin now for cheap (Volt), use it now (or not), and when the next one comes out (Epoch) you GET IT FREE. It's called a deal for a reason.
Gift? No a gift costs zero dollars, not 18. Your rhetoric makes no sense.

Hey, I said on page one or two that I was willing to wait for a demo and if none came out in the next two weeks, I would pass on this $18 "gift". I already stated Volt is an interesting plug-in, but hardly any kind of necessity, and would most likely be a waste of my money if Epoch was useless to me. $18 is $18. By about a million times I would rather donate it to the local soup kitchen than give it to a VST developer and get nothing in return that I can actually use.

I got harsh in this thread because Cerberus took toally valid questions and posted several instances of nonsense in response to those concerns and very reasonable requests that potential customers had.

Return to “Effects”