recommend me a reverb as good as valhalla

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Beatworld wrote: Could be just you :)
Probably is.

Beatworld wrote:
Can you give an example of a situation where it bothers you as a privacy issue?
Cheers
Well, when my customers come in from the Bronx to be remixed by no one other less than the mighty GlueDotIni..

They start to have fits of uncontrollable laughter, when they see that my name is really: Albert Jenkins.

:)

It's ok. I've gone to extremes to prove a point.

And really, if I have to explain, then you wouldn't understand, kind of thing.

Thankfully, most people don't think as critically as me these days. Not even the devs that make the software. Well I'm sure they do, but time... time is everything and no one has any time for anyone or their concerns..

;-)

Oh and thanks Sean for providing one of the most interesting blogs around.

Changing the name displayed in the GUI of the Valhalla plugins:

1) Do a search for ValhallaWhatever.settings on your system (where "Whatever" is my oh so clever shorthand for Room, VintageVerb, etc.).

2) Open up ValhallaWhatever.settings in a text file.

3) Find the line in the file that says

<VALUE name="UserName" val="Albert Jenkins"/>

with "Albert Jenkins" being the shorthand for whatever name you have displayed in the GUI.

4) Replace the text in between the quotes after val= with whatever your desired screen name is.

Don't change the text in any of the other lines. You'll break stuff.

The .settings file might be stored in two places. If it has the <VALUE name="UserName"> line in it, change the text in the val for that line in both of the .settings files. Otherwise, just change it in the one file that has this line.

Sean Costello

Thanks Sean.

Really appreciate it.

Would it be too much information if I said Valhalla VintageVerb makes my heart skip a beat?

And thanks a lot for the free http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallafreqecho

And especially the instructions with how to do the whole theta brainwave thing with binaural settings. Worked a treat. I didn't get to Nirvana and I didn't have a fit, but man my beatz sounded fatter.

I'm actually quite interested in binaural stuff because I am part of the ASMR community and it is quite common for the people making the videos to use binaural stuff, so I am sure they will love this.

If you don't know about it then look it up, there are millions of us that have this.

To be honest, I never found that the fact they were using binaural recordings or renderings really 'got me there' any more. But a lot of people seem to like it and report good things, so maybe there is something in it.

Anyway, my drums still sound fat. Thanks a lot for this freebie - it is quite superb.

Fwiw, I'm only going to be buying Audio Damage and Valhalla stuff from now on, until I have the lot pretty much. If for no reason other than you are both doing the stuff I want and I really love your copy protection schemes. UberMod, then Room, then who knows for your stuff..

Just one question if you have the time - why no blog stuff on the VintageVerb? No big deal, but it would be great to see your musings and ramblings about this amazing plugin, as you did for several of your other ones.

cheers.

I have to say, I just bought http://www.audiodamage.com/effects/prod ... ?pid=AD012

ADverb, in the Audio Damage sale. Man that is one seriously unknown and beautiful sounding reverb. I've compared it quite a bit to the VintageVerb and I find I can get some quite similar settings if I try.

The ADverb is slightly less versatile, where as the VintageVerb is maybe 'too' versatile ;-).

I will probably get EOS next which I understand you did the algos for, Sean.

And that is more curiosity than necessity as I don't feel I really need more in the reverb department. Obviously ADverb is a plate simulation and VintageVerb does plates, plus...

So it follows that yes ADverb will be slightly less versatile. But what ADverb does, I just simply adore. I love to use plates on drums and this VST does not disappoint.

VintageVerb I am finding harder to tame, but like a wild girlfriend, I am having a lot of fun in the process. ;-).

I spent quite a bit of time comparing your algos/sounds with the True M7 Stereo convolutions that are around, and I can't say I was any more impressed by them. And your plugins really are very light on CPU resources and don't take ages to change the sound. You tweak the dial and instant feedback.

I mentioned before that I wasn't a big fan of the interface. But I really have grown to love it very much. At polar opposites to the interface of ADverb.

I can see now why you have been causing such a fuss. Really, I love everything about your company, and that's why my next money will be going into your pocket. And then Audio Damage. Superb work. I really am very very impressed.

:)

Return to “Effects”