Nomad Factory Magma

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well i appreciate you passing them along but it's not going to get anything anywhere on mac AU cause their AU's are just not stable particularly with newer oses and logic X.

I tried for so long as magma has always misbehaved on mac as well as all the blue tubes so what makes you think anything would change now? it's been years and zero progress on fixing the crashes.

You seem to think it's all about this version but I am telling you i have tried 5 magma releases and had nothing but issues and on 3 different macs (and since snow leopard to yosemite). On *windows* that might truly be the case and perhaps you are right but on mac their AU's are a joke.
I have a bunch of dud plugins from them I can't use. At all.

Teksonik wrote: EDIT: Ok I've been testing 1.6.6 further in Sonar and got the "bypass crash" there as well. Kind of embarrassed for MFX/Nomad since they are really kind and generous people and would not knowingly release anything that was not of the highest stability. It's obvious this version was not tested properly. The trouble is with Magma being on sale for the holidays there will be new customers and they will likely have the same experience as Jens. I've still got the stable 1.6.0 .dll here so can roll back but I fear new users will come away with a negative opinion of MFX/Nomad when in fact they are people who have earned and gained a great deal of respect from the community....... :?
Kind and generous is nice, but what I as a paying customer can expect NOW, is that they send us an e-mail offering the download for the latest stable version, aknowledging that the only version they currently offer for download is bug-ridden.
You informed them about this a few days ago so they KNOW and hence tbh imo it is already pretty bad support that they did not react yet. They know some people can't use the available version and they know they are sitting on a version that IS universally useable so what the f**k are they waiting for???

Give me a working version NOW, I paid for it so don't make me f**king wait for it or even just having to ask for it. Just e-mail me goddammit, you know where to find me!

You find out you messed up, so you be the one to come forward asap, offering a preliminary solution.

Sorry, but I find it difficult to see it any other way. :shrug:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I happen to like MFX/Nomad but then I know who they are. Sorry if your opinions are different. I've done what I can to help but I'm out........good luck.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I like them too - I have been defending them for quite some time against what I considered unjust flaming.

But that won't really affect my opinion in this case.

(I am providing technical support for a living and with that sort of attitude I would be without a job quickly (and justly so).)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Jens, check your PM...........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Effects”