Boss OS2 Overdrive emulation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mokafix had A/B youtubes with some of the modeled hardware stomps and you could not hear any difference.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Mushy Mushy wrote:Can anybody tell me what the Guitar Rig Distortion model was based on?
It's yellow just like the OD2 so -> :shrug:
That's the SD-1 - there's no blend knob between OD/DIST so...

Can't remember if it was an OS-2 or DS-1, but didn't Audio Damage have a free emulation out a while back- Fuzz Plus or something. Search around you can probably find it.

DubLifeSD wrote:Can't remember if it was an OS-2 or DS-1, but didn't Audio Damage have a free emulation out a while back- Fuzz Plus or something. Search around you can probably find it.

the gui looks like a MXR distortion +
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Speaking of MXR's Distortion+, Distorque Audio's PlusDistortion is a really good option if anyone is looking for an MXR D+ pedal ITB and gratis http://distorqueaudio.com/plugins/plusdistortion.html
His other pedals and effects are good stuff too

Hope that helps

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:OS2 has both an overdrive mode and a distortion mode (Edit IIRC right?), So the two mentioned by EvilDragon or say the Ignite TS-alike or TSE's 808 v2 OD pedal and R47 (Proco Ratt) distortion pedal would do it I should think just fine Mushy dude
No, not really. The OS-2 has a distinct tone that's completely different from the Mid-Screamers. Or rat for that matter.

The pedal reminds me a bit of the classic HM-2 heavy metal pedal. It may have an overdrive setting but as far as I remember it's rather gainy compared to overdrives like the tube screamer. it certainly has lots of highs. Not really that great of a tone, but if you want trashy...

Maybe there are emulations for the HM-2 given it's a classic?

I've had a HM-2 for heck well over 15 years now and the OS-2 to me doesn't really sound that similar. If anything it (the OS-2 in distortion mode) sounds more similar to the DS-1 with a less of a honky mid-range

Mushy is wanting to feed his synths through these virtual pedals so accuracy isn't going to be that important so long as it dirties up his 303 and similar in a suitable manner, Although I could be wrong I believe that is his aims/intentions

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:I've had a HM-2 for heck well over 15 years now and the OS-2 to me doesn't really sound that similar. If anything it (the OS-2 in distortion mode) sounds more similar to the DS-1 with a less of a honky mid-range

Mushy is wanting to feed his synths through these virtual pedals so accuracy isn't going to be that important so long as it dirties up his 303 and similar in a suitable manner, Although I could be wrong I believe that is his aims/intentions
Dean, as always you understand correctly :tu:

I do spend a lot of time on the road so I'd like to use a VST OS2 as a proxy for these situations. Then record it properly using the real pedal when I'm back in the studio.

I'm definitely not going to be doing any back to back tests. A reasonable resemblance will more than suffice.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:I've had a HM-2 for heck well over 15 years now and the OS-2 to me doesn't really sound that similar. If anything it (the OS-2 in distortion mode) sounds more similar to the DS-1 with a less of a honky mid-range

Well then by all means, check out the DS-1, HM-2 and even MT-2 emulations. Isn't rat universally praised as TB-303 fattener as well?

I think the DS-1 sounds pretty different than the OS-2. OS-2 might have treble, but the DS-1's treble is even hgher up and... higher in volume. It's been some time though.

Return to “Effects”