u-he Satin or Slate VTM?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Satin Virtual Tape Machines (VTM)

Urs wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
TheoM wrote:at the intro price i don't even need to demo it, i am sold already.
diva has to wait yet again LOL. I'll get it someday.
Same for me Theo... I don't need a demo form U-he. :)
Please please please demo before you buy!
Only because I'm curious to what neat demo restriction you guys have thought of this time. Hoping for Sating to mangle the tape every minute or so. :)

It's vinyl crackles.

EvilDragon wrote:It's vinyl crackles.
How very inappropriate! I guess we should consider that as the first reported bug, then. ;)

Maybe there's a secret VINYL CRACKLES ON/OFF switch that appears when you unlock the demo. :hihi:
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

lol, I'm literally listening to Klatuu's "Long Live Politzania" while reading this thread ... uh, purposeful vinyl crackle. How appropriate. It's a feature, not a bug.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Ch00rD wrote:
How very inappropriate! I guess we should consider that as the first reported bug, then. ;)
Yeah, we had the discussion... but if we changed it, it would give crackers a hint at where and how it's done. And just today we got a neat screenshot of a melting user interface, so any changes to copy protection are a no-no here ;)

Urs wrote:
Ch00rD wrote:
Yeah, we had the discussion... but if we changed it, it would give crackers a hint at where and how it's done. And just today we got a neat screenshot of a melting user interface, so any changes to copy protection are a no-no here ;)
Gotcha. Hope you haven't already said too much now.

No need to demo then, I guess. :)

Urs wrote: Yeah, we had the discussion... but if we changed it, it would give crackers a hint at where and how it's done. And just today we got a neat screenshot of a melting user interface, so any changes to copy protection are a no-no here ;)
Sometimes when I listen to my u-he stuff my face starts melting. But I paid for all of the plugins. Now I'm confused - am I illegal? :help:

Are you Mexican? If not, then you're not illegal. :D:D

Robmobius wrote:Dunno'... Think it's going to be on their actual site.

Buy yeah, if you look around you'll always get a few bob of the Slate stuff. :)
$149 @ Slate Digital Online Shop

A little bit too much for my budget at the moment... :?
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Another serious contender is Nomad Factory Magnetic 2, which I find excellent:

http://www.nomadfactory.com/products/magnetic_II/

I believe it can be found for $80 or something along those lines.

Looking forward to checking out Satin, nonetheless.
Play it by ear

TheoM wrote:
flugel45 wrote:These two "warmth" plugins are cheap and have gotten good reviews:

http://www.sknote.it/Roundtone.htm

http://sonimus.com/products/satson/

(Both can be used on tracks as well as busses).
satson is an entirely different thing though and not a tape emu at all. Roundtone is not so bad, i prefer it to the toneboosters stuff in that price range. It's the best tape emu around under $100 i am sure, until satin comes out.
I knew that someone would be unable to resist telling me the Satson is not a tape emu, which is why I described it as a "warmth" plug. (Sigh)... Oh well. :shrug:

But, more alarmingly, I see the thread has turned into a Bitwiggian (Copyright pending :hihi:) lovefest. Is this a trend we can expect to become more popular? (Anyone may answer except Theo, since he seems unable to stop himself in these situations).

BTW, my snarkiness is not meant to be directed at URS (or the Bitwig devs, for that matter). I fully intend to purchase Satin if it works for me. (Bitwig, I'm guessing not -- but only because I'm happy with my current host). :D

It's "Urs", not "URS".

Howard wrote:It's "Urs", not "URS".
Annoys the hell out of me, too. :D

I prefer u-he because quite frankly, I haven't done this on my own for a very long time.

Return to “Effects”