RP-Distort BE on the new Beat mag's issue DVD

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

codec_spurt wrote:It is a truly amazing piece of software. A very useful Multi-FX unit. For the price it is an absolute bargain. Not many people know about it, or think it is just a distortion unit. It is so much more...
Indeed. The stereo widener is great, and the whole plugin is feature-packed.

Forget RP-Distort BE, totally castrated to 5 distortion algorithms. The full version offers 33. Better get the demo version to test it.

How does the full version compete with Ohmicide?

TheKid wrote:Forget RP-Distort BE, totally castrated to 5 distortion algorithms. The full version offers 33. Better get the demo version to test it.

How does the full version compete with Ohmicide?

Steady on. I don't even use the distortion algos most the time.

This is a serious Multi-FX unit. Distortion is just one thing it does.

I very often use it for basic stereo widening. The LFO gate thing is a lot of fun too.

And the Compressor I am rather fond of. But it does even more than this. And it does it all at the same time.

How can you dismiss something so out of hand, that is free for you to try and keep on using?
And you can't compare with Ohmicide or CamelPhat. They are all totally different complimentary plugins, that may have a certain amount of overlap depending on how you use them.

You advised people to get the demo version to test it. Did you do that? What did you find?

chk071 wrote:I saw this in the store today: http://www.maclife.de/beat-102013 No idea what the limitations are though, if any.
Next issue of Computer Music (June 2014) will also have Distort CM version.

I guess that is the same as the Beat version, just with the Beat logo changed with CM.

Hope the mag is in the vault tomorrow.

RP-Distort is cool plugin. U can do many wacky things using LFOs.

I don't normally complain on forums as I feel that it harms business but I've got to say that a certain music magazine(I'm not naming) is just FULL of adverts,I mean do you really expect me to part with my hard earned cash on a mag full of plug in adverts?..the DVD worth of more or less the same plugs every month and samples doesn't hold any water either,I might as well just get 1 copy every 12 months?,tutorials on paper are again pointless as there is nothing there that cannot be found online
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Return to “Effects”