Overloud TH3 (Released)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TH3

Maaaan, enough with the tease Overloud. Does this marketing technique really work? :roll:

Your here aren't you? :D

Downloading the demo!!! :party:

Looking forward to hearing opinions. Having new amp models isn't really important. My gripe was that it was tough to get it to sound right in a mix.

Ugh, they obviously kept their gawdawful mouse-drag-heavy and space-wasting GUI concept. I was hoping for something more compact like Mark studio at least. I hate having to pull the canvas all over the place just to make adjustments to the reverb. Not sure I'll bite.

Fender AMPs remodeled?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Doesn't seem that any of the old amps are remodeled, just reskinned. Played with it for an hour, wasn't impressed and uninstalled.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

b15fliptop wrote:Doesn't seem that any of the old amps are remodeled, just reskinned. Played with it for an hour, wasn't impressed and uninstalled.
What's up with this new trend of releasing new versions of ampsims for a lot of $$$ without remodelling the existing amp models?

If it is only a new skin for prior amps, and only a few new extra amps for 199$, I will not even bother demoing TH3.

A3ntar wrote:
b15fliptop wrote:Doesn't seem that any of the old amps are remodeled, just reskinned. Played with it for an hour, wasn't impressed and uninstalled.
What's up with this new trend of releasing new versions of ampsims for a lot of $$$ without remodelling the existing amp models?

If it is only a new skin for prior amps, and only a few new extra amps for 199$, I will not even bother demoing TH3.
The upgrade isn't $199. It's $79, and you get 22 new amp models for that.

If you're buying it 'new' for $199, you are getting 72 new amp models.

I'm currently looking in to TH3, and I don't own any Overloud products, so I'm by no means a fanboy or anything... but the value should be represented fairly.

Robert Randolph wrote:
A3ntar wrote:

I'm currently looking in to TH3, and I don't own any Overloud products, so I'm by no means a fanboy or anything... but the value should be represented fairly.
Here are things from MY perspective:

I never liked TH2 and found all the amps sounded flat and lifeless. Never liked it. Never bought it.

Heard of TH3. Great I thought!

Now that it seems that at BEST I only get 21 amps I *might* like that use the new 4th gen modelling technology that is more organic and true to their analog counter part.

If I decide to buy TH3, I will pay 199$ for a few new amps I might be using.

This is why I hate this new trend of releasing new software versions of amp sims without bringing old models to new modelling technology standards. However you look at it, you are getting less value for your money...unless somehow you are enamoured with the older modelling technology.

So that explains my position.

A3ntar wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
A3ntar wrote:

Here are things from MY perspective:

I never liked TH2 and found all the amps sounded flat and lifeless. Never liked it. Never bought it.

Heard of TH3. Great I thought!

Now that it seems that at BEST I only get 22 amps I *might* like that use the new 4th gen modelling technology that is more organic and true to their analog counter part.

If I decide to buy TH3, I will pay 199$ for a few new amps I might be using.

This is why I hate this new trend of releasing new software versions of amp sims without bringing old models to new modelling technology standards. However you look at it, you are getting less value for your money...unless somehow you are enamoured with the older modelling technology.

So that explains my position.
Still, in your situation, $9 an amp ( 199 / 22) is still a very good value. That's twice as good of a value as what amplitube offers on the custom shop, and better than most of the other major amp sims.

Hell, 22 amp sims is more than a lot of other amp sims have in total. The most highly touted ones current all come with <10 amp sims.

I'm still waiting to try out TH3, and it may be awful or great. I would be happy with only 2-3 models being useful for $199 personally. Hell, $199 for 1 real guitar amp that sounds good is an amazing deal.

Robert Randolph wrote: I'm still waiting to try out TH3, and it may be awful or great. I would be happy with only 2-3 models being useful for $199 personally. Hell, $199 for 1 real guitar amp that sounds good is an amazing deal.
You'de be happy with 199$ for a 2-3 virtual amps that sounds good? You and I must be living in parallel universes my friend. I'll leave it at that.

A3ntar wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote: I'm still waiting to try out TH3, and it may be awful or great. I would be happy with only 2-3 models being useful for $199 personally. Hell, $199 for 1 real guitar amp that sounds good is an amazing deal.
You'de be happy with 199$ for a 2-3 virtual amps that sounds good? You and I must be living in parallel universes my friend. I'll leave it at that.
I've already paid $1000s+ for 1 amp at a time that sounds good. I have quite a few of them in fact... too many.

$199 for 2 good sounding amps sounds like an amazing deal... one that I haven't found in software yet, to be fair.

Maybe the parallel universe I'm living in is called 'the real world', where we often pay 10x the price of TH3 just for ONE amp.

Well, I've been obsessively comparing it to AT4 and S-Gear, and it just doesn't do it for me. The amps don't sound very good, the interface is just annoying… trying to click and turn a knob and instead dragging the head around gets old really fast, etc. Although, I do like the Ashdown amp and cab that they added.

No offense to anyone who likes it, these things are super subjective.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Well just a quick look:

- The amp simulation doesn't seem to be improved as I expected more for that.
- Oversampling feature is needed for high note alliasing.
- GUI is not versatile like before. I wish to have right click menu and all module clean command.
- There are some feature downgrades from TH2 such as: no control on input gain, no module presets, no biamp SLR function, no smart knob on the bottom, no custom background picture ...etc
- Fireball amp sounds awesome
- Dividing the amps to seperate channels is a trick on quantity for marketing I assume.
Last edited by a123321 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”