Acon Digital Verberate - New realistic algorithmic reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

The intervals between the drop-outs in the demo version are now longer
The name of the current preset remains when closing and opening the effect GUI
It's easier to test the demo now with the longer drop-out intervals, thanks. Preset names also stay visible, good. I do have a question about the presets though, maybe related to licensing also.

I have tested Verberate also portable, along with Reaper, using couple of different host computers. What I have noticed is that even though I have copied the preset bank folders from the roaming folder (in original install/host) and placed them into the same portable folder where I have the Verberate dll, the presets won't show up automatically on the drop down list. I can still load each individual preset into Verberate, so that part is ok. But it's lots of browsing, when opening each preset this way.

Other thing is, in this portable setup, trying to use the preset selection arrows will crash the host app immediately. I guess Verberate is looking for the preset banks somewhere else they actually are.

Now, the possible flexibility of preset bank locations (which I'm suggesting here) is somewhat moot if Verberate is not supposed to be used portable to begin with. This begs my other question, how does the licensing work? Can I import a license key to my USB stick, for example, and use that everywhere...or am I tied to the original install host?

Wow, first time I've an algorithmic reverb make drums sound like they are in a huge hall. cpu is massive but quite a sound. Putting any old drums through it gives it that hall sound like in the epic percussion libraries (sound iron, spitfire, cinesamples, 8dio etc.)

Hello everybody!

Verberate has just been released (the two channel version)! :-) Thanks again for all your feedback and encouragements. Please see http://acondigital.com/products/verberate/ for more.

I'll spend some more time refining the algorithms for surround audio and hope to release "Verberate Surround" early January. Needless to say, I'll continue my work to improve Verberate, so feedback and ideas are still very welcome.

Stian

Congratulations !

Congrats, looking forward to trying this!

Sounds great. I have to strongly disagree with the details in the product description about having lower cpu compared to convolution reverb. On my system, NI Reflektor shows about 3 or 4% cpu, LiquidSonics Reverberate shows about 1 or 2% and Acon Verberate shows about 20%. Even Logic Space Designer is around 5%. So not only is Verberate more cpu than all convolutions I've tried, but it's a factor of 4 to 10x more. Still great sounding though I don't know how you claim that it's reduced cpu compared to convolution.

sounddesigner wrote:Zero-latency is beautiful, I'm not worried about cpu load at low-latency I don't have cpu shortage problems just Native latency problem occasionally.
Great!
sounddesigner wrote:When will this beauty and the beast be released? Is there any time frame? I'm ready to buy and use right now, or ASAP. It'll be a sacrifice to buy this, heck I might have to skip a few people's Christmas gifts or give cheaper ones :) . This reverb is a must-have for sure and I definitely want it.
Hmmm, I'm feeling a bit guilty, right now... :roll: I guess you've already seen that it has been released.
sounddesigner wrote:PS. I'm glad you allow license-transfers/resale. Your company seems like a VERY fair and user friendly company with great development talent. Great to see!
Thanks, at least we try our best.

Stian

subterfuge wrote:I have tested Verberate also portable, along with Reaper, using couple of different host computers. What I have noticed is that even though I have copied the preset bank folders from the roaming folder (in original install/host) and placed them into the same portable folder where I have the Verberate dll, the presets won't show up automatically on the drop down list. I can still load each individual preset into Verberate, so that part is ok. But it's lots of browsing, when opening each preset this way.
The presets should reside in the shared program data, usually "C:\ProgramData\Acon Digital\Verberate\Presets". I guess it would be possible to look for the presets folder in the same directory as the DLL to keep it portable. I could add this in the next release if it helps.
subterfuge wrote:Other thing is, in this portable setup, trying to use the preset selection arrows will crash the host app immediately. I guess Verberate is looking for the preset banks somewhere else they actually are.
Ouch, thanks for reporting. I'll add that to the bug tracker and get it fixed for the next release.
subterfuge wrote:Now, the possible flexibility of preset bank locations (which I'm suggesting here) is somewhat moot if Verberate is not supposed to be used portable to begin with. This begs my other question, how does the licensing work? Can I import a license key to my USB stick, for example, and use that everywhere...or am I tied to the original install host?
The license data is read from the file "Verberate1.prop" in the shared program data ("C:\ProgramData\Acon Digital"). It would probably make sense to check it this is present in the same folder as the DLL as well, then?

Stian

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Sounds great. I have to strongly disagree with the details in the product description about having lower cpu compared to convolution reverb. On my system, NI Reflektor shows about 3 or 4% cpu, LiquidSonics Reverberate shows about 1 or 2% and Acon Verberate shows about 20%. Even Logic Space Designer is around 5%. So not only is Verberate more cpu than all convolutions I've tried, but it's a factor of 4 to 10x more. Still great sounding though I don't know how you claim that it's reduced cpu compared to convolution.
That is strange, could you tell me more about your system and your host? Verberate jumps between 1.3 and 1.4% here in Reaper on an i5. EDIT: That is with the default settings (some parameters affect the performance).

Stian

Yep, very strange. I'm on Intel 2600K @ 3,4 Ghz, powersaving off, Win7 64 with
128 samples latency (44.1 khz) and with Reaper (32bit) I also get 1,5 %. But with Studio One 2.6 I get something like 20%. In Live 8 I get 15%. Melda Multiband eats 5% in Live.
All tests with one Audio Track and your (unbelievable good sounding) reverb.
If there is a chance to get Reapers Cpu readings I'm on board for sure.
I have never seen such a great discrepancy between hosts with one plugin...?

stian wrote: The presets should reside in the shared program data, usually "C:\ProgramData\Acon Digital\Verberate\Presets". I guess it would be possible to look for the presets folder in the same directory as the DLL to keep it portable. I could add this in the next release if it helps.
You're right of course, the presets are indeed in the ProgramData path.
Being able to place them also where the dll resides would really help at least here. In the next release already...that's more than I could've even asked for, thanks.
stian wrote: The license data is read from the file "Verberate1.prop" in the shared program data ("C:\ProgramData\Acon Digital"). It would probably make sense to check it this is present in the same folder as the DLL as well, then?
Stian
Oh yes, that would make it all one easily handled package, imho. If that is not too big of a change, don't want to take your precious time from other important issues. Thanks for considering these, really appreciate your work on this.

stian wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Sounds great. I have to strongly disagree with the details in the product description about having lower cpu compared to convolution reverb. On my system, NI Reflektor shows about 3 or 4% cpu, LiquidSonics Reverberate shows about 1 or 2% and Acon Verberate shows about 20%. Even Logic Space Designer is around 5%. So not only is Verberate more cpu than all convolutions I've tried, but it's a factor of 4 to 10x more. Still great sounding though I don't know how you claim that it's reduced cpu compared to convolution.
That is strange, could you tell me more about your system and your host? Verberate jumps between 1.3 and 1.4% here in Reaper on an i5. EDIT: That is with the default settings (some parameters affect the performance).

Stian
I tested the Verberate VST with Ableton Live 9.1 on OSX 10.9 Mavericks. I was using 128 sample latency (I think, may have been more as I was disconnected from my normal audio device. Could have been 256). I was using the built-in sound card during the test. I was also just testing the default preset when it opens.

If this thing used a comparable cpu amount to convolution I'd be happy indeed.

stian wrote:
sounddesigner wrote:When will this beauty and the beast be released? Is there any time frame? I'm ready to buy and use right now, or ASAP. It'll be a sacrifice to buy this, heck I might have to skip a few people's Christmas gifts or give cheaper ones :) . This reverb is a must-have for sure and I definitely want it.
Hmmm, I'm feeling a bit guilty, right now... :roll: I guess you've already seen that it has been released.

Stian

I just bought this amazing next-generation reverb and can't wait to start using it. Congradulations on the release and for making a masterpiece! No matter how hard i try to keep my wallet closed lately companies such as IK Multimedia, Izotope, dNa (on the SCOPE Platform) and now you Acon Digital are able to force it open this year. Good to see algorithms of such high-quality that they are irresistable, simply irresistable, and got me living the theme of that soulful L.T.D song now it seems, for with each of the latest releases from you 4 companies despite me wanting to pass on most the same thing happens- "Everytime i turn around i'm back in love again" :love: . I guess life does imitate art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXpa0Ef25XQ
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

That is kind of strange, as I don't experience this high CPU load at all on my system. I have been putting multiple instances in a testing situation, I'm pretty sure I had about 5 instances active at the same time in a project containing a lot of other plugins. When I'm in the studio I will take a look at exactly how much CPU it consumes. (Core i5 3470, Windows 8.0 pro x64, Cubase 6.5.4 x64)

Will receive Cubase 7.5 later this week, will see if that makes any difference.
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

I like the sound of this a lot...I'd like to see a bunch more presets included, though.

Return to “Effects”