Acon Digital Verberate - New realistic algorithmic reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I tested the Verberate VST with Ableton Live 9.1 on OSX 10.9 Mavericks. I was using 128 sample latency (I think, may have been more as I was disconnected from my normal audio device. Could have been 256). I was using the built-in sound card during the test. I was also just testing the default preset when it opens.

If this thing used a comparable cpu amount to convolution I'd be happy indeed.
Thanks to you and guppi for the additional information. I have removed the sentences with the CPU comparison from our web site until we have sorted out the issue. It was not my intention to mislead anybody. I have tested with both Live and Studio One and the reported CPU consumption is indeed much higher than what Reaper reports, although not as extreme as you report. I'll do my best to optimize the code further for short latencies and already managed to achieve some improvements. I'll post a new version as soon as I have a preliminary version ready for testing.

Stian

zentatonic wrote:I like the sound of this a lot...I'd like to see a bunch more presets included, though.
Yes, there seems to be a demand for further presets, so I'll add some more. Do you miss anything special? There are already quite a few in the hall category, but the other categories could have more.

Stian

More plates!

I like the drums best on your demo page, sounds great :)

stian wrote:I'll do my best to optimize the code further for short latencies and already managed to achieve some improvements.
:love:

EvilDragon wrote:More plates!
OK, thanks, I'll focus on that.

Stian

More plates +1

Maybe a "vocals" folder.

zentatonic wrote:More plates +1

Maybe a "vocals" folder.
Yes, a vocal folder seems like a good idea. There are already some vocal presets spread around that would be better suited in there.

Stian

Hi!

I've improved the performance with special focus on low latencies and uploaded the version 1.0.1 (not official):

http://acondigital.com/software/beta/Ve ... _1_0_1.exe
http://acondigital.com/software/beta/Ve ... _1_0_1.exe
http://acondigital.com/software/beta/Ve ... 1.mpkg.zip

Verberate now shows around 6% in Studio One with a block size of 512 samples and the default setting. Valhalla Room shows around 5% with the default settings as a comparison.

There will be some further presets available in the upcoming official release as well.

Stian

The 1.0.1 version doesn't seem to crash anymore when using the preset selection arrows in portable setup. Thanks. Cannot test in totally separate host right now, but this at least with all deleted references from the install host. I might be imagining things, but Verberate seems to also load a bit faster than it did earlier.

Any plans for AAX support?

The latest version use a lot less cpu :love:

subterfuge wrote:The 1.0.1 version doesn't seem to crash anymore when using the preset selection arrows in portable setup. Thanks. Cannot test in totally separate host right now, but this at least with all deleted references from the install host. I might be imagining things, but Verberate seems to also load a bit faster than it did earlier.
Yes, I fixed the preset selection issue using the arrows and missing factory presets. I didn't add additional search paths for a portable version, I'm afraid, but I'll get that done in the official release.

Stian

tnipe wrote:Any plans for AAX support?
Yes, we'll add AAX support as soon as possible. There is some paperwork regarding AAX since AVID keeps the format protected, but we're almost through with that.

Stian

sinkmusic wrote:The latest version use a lot less cpu :love:
Excellent, I'm glad to hear that! 8)

Stian

Return to “Effects”