Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Supercharger

robojam wrote:Merry Christmas Dave. :hihi:
bollocks :P

...and a Happy New Year to you sir :wink:

nevermind.
Last edited by sockofgold on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kriminal wrote:
bungle wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
1. I fail to see the need for it for a free product

2. It failed to 'authorise' any of the products i tried, and crashed too many times to care.
1 As pointed out it is only free up til xmas
Are you saying, after giving it away free, they are going to try and charge ppl for it?
The penny dropped -eventually- :hihi:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

sackofgolf wrote:
Kriminal wrote:(In my defence, im working really [physically] hard at the moment, and im very tired)
To be fair, shitting on everyone else and trying to reduce other peoples' enjoyment of the plugin isn't going to make you feel any better.
Where did i do that? i said the 'service center' really isnt needed for a free plugin
sackofgolf wrote:Not trying to be a jerk
fail
sackofgolf wrote:if you're having a rough time with your life atm, taking it out on a music production forum is not really the best way to clear things up.
im not having a rough time. im working hard. big difference.

i enjoy my job
sackofgolf wrote:All in all, we get it: you're not going to use the plugin. That's fine. But the horse has been kicked pretty well at this point--maybe it's time to bow out of the thread and leave room for some discussion of the actual plugin. Your points are valid, but they have been made.
agreed, i said that pages back, i merely answered some points made by others regarding my comments

Lotuzia wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
bungle wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
1. I fail to see the need for it for a free product

2. It failed to 'authorise' any of the products i tried, and crashed too many times to care.
1 As pointed out it is only free up til xmas
Are you saying, after giving it away free, they are going to try and charge ppl for it?
The penny dropped -eventually- :hihi:
i wonder who will be c**t enough to actually pay for something that was free :?:

will your 'team' be making presets for it? (paid version only, obviously)

hibidy wrote:I can't use it the way I'd like. Rendering is an issue. What I'd like to do is squash the living snot out of a drum break for "effect" and it sounds good on playback but if I bounce/render I get that huge click in on the first transient :bang:

I'm bummed!
I measured it's clicky but so far until you i was the only one. I guess it's free so some people think it's automatically amazing.

does the plugin click??? i need to check!

Now there is some real elitist bullshit people here...for real..

TheoM wrote:
hibidy wrote:I can't use it the way I'd like. Rendering is an issue. What I'd like to do is squash the living snot out of a drum break for "effect" and it sounds good on playback but if I bounce/render I get that huge click in on the first transient :bang:

I'm bummed!
I measured it's clicky but so far until you i was the only one. I guess it's free so some people think it's automatically amazing.
Yeah. Too bad, it has potential.

Holy moly. 16% CPU usage at idle.

Screw that.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Oh and special thanks to Standalone for his help getting it to install on XP :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

ooops

Kriminal wrote: actually, thats not far from the truth.....more accurate would be, i really dont like many ppl...they get on my tits

i shout at the radio....
And you don't even have Republicans on your radio.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

hibidy wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:
hibidy wrote:I'm glad you got it sorted. Really silly that NI doesn't allow the vista installer, I think that is being too optimistic on the updates.

The last time I saw one of those pie charts on who is using what, xp was STILL the largest userbase for windows.
Right, which makes it ridiculous that devs are coding plug-ins that will run fine on XP and then allowing the frigging INSTALLER to dictate that you must have Win 7 or 8.

They could make the argument that MS is about to drop XP support but so what----huge numbers of people will still be running it after that. I don't know when Spectrasonics is going to release their much anticipated next update but I may not have been able to install it but for the workarounds I learned about here. I don't know when I'm going to get time to deal with the perils of going x64 and I refuse to clean install Win 7 twice so I'm not in a hurry to deal with the upgrade.
Even though I've been on win7 successfully for years and years, I agree. If it's working for you, don't bork it.
I want to update but going 64 bit and totally redoing my OS isn't a small operation. I'm not sure how much I'm going to lose after I go through it all. I want those Omnisphere updates as soon as they come out so I'm just glad I'm not being forced to do the update before I have time.

I also have to spring for Kontakt 5 in addition to more RAM. I only have 3.5 and I'm not even sure if it ever offered 64 bit, or if it ever worked well if it did.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M. Gold wrote:
hibidy wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:
hibidy wrote:I'm glad you got it sorted. Really silly that NI doesn't allow the vista installer, I think that is being too optimistic on the updates.

The last time I saw one of those pie charts on who is using what, xp was STILL the largest userbase for windows.
Right, which makes it ridiculous that devs are coding plug-ins that will run fine on XP and then allowing the frigging INSTALLER to dictate that you must have Win 7 or 8.

They could make the argument that MS is about to drop XP support but so what----huge numbers of people will still be running it after that. I don't know when Spectrasonics is going to release their much anticipated next update but I may not have been able to install it but for the workarounds I learned about here. I don't know when I'm going to get time to deal with the perils of going x64 and I refuse to clean install Win 7 twice so I'm not in a hurry to deal with the upgrade.
Even though I've been on win7 successfully for years and years, I agree. If it's working for you, don't bork it.
I want to update but going 64 bit and totally redoing my OS isn't a small operation. I'm not sure how much I'm going to lose after I go through it all. I want those Omnisphere updates as soon as they come out so I'm just glad I'm not being forced to do the update before I have time.

I also have to spring for Kontakt 5 in addition to more RAM. I only have 3.5 and I'm not even sure if it ever offered 64 bit, or if it ever worked well if it did.
Kontakt 3.5 is where they introduced 64 bit. It works great (on windows, I don't know about osX). The only thing you'll be missing from new versions is the insanely fast load times, time machine pro, and various new effects.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”