Waves Scheps 73 & RS56

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:Still putting off demoing. If I demo it, I'll like it. If I like it, I'll buy it and I don't NEED a new eq. I feel the weight crushing me like a pop can :lol:
I'm demoing it. Inserted it on my master bus and tried one of its preset called "Mix Widen and Focus" and that was it. The funny thing is that I already had RS56 doing some nice little widening but Scheps completed it. Now my track sounds so good I can't believe it! :love:

Five more days to play with it, but I know that I can't let it go after trial period expires. I just can't. I'm gonna buy it. I HAVE to buy it.

It is my destiny.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Well, then that kinda seals it. Do you like the "drive" much? That is the area I'm kinda shying away from. Seems that other than small doses, it's too much and the "preamp" settings in that viddy didn't really seem to make much of a diff.

hibidy wrote:Well, then that kinda seals it. Do you like the "drive" much? That is the area I'm kinda shying away from. Seems that other than small doses, it's too much and the "preamp" settings in that viddy didn't really seem to make much of a diff.
I only tried it quickly and yes, it seems to be pretty pretty pretty wild... Switch it on and it's instant mayhem. :D Not sure if I have any use for that effect, but you never know.

And what comes to its preamp, well, I thought I noticed some subtle saturation at high frequencies when I played with that drive knob. I'm quite sure it wasn't just my imagination. :oops:

But yeah, as I said, I'm gonna buy it. I skipped J37 because I don't need another tape emu and have to admit that I was really skeptical about Scheps also. I should have known that demoing it means another "Visa moment". :dog:
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Yeah, I'm completely not jonesing over the J37. I bought satin and also have the TB one (reelbus??) and that is good enough.

Hey hibidy, try turning up mic/console preamp drive placed after a guitar tone that is slightly cleanish crunch to mild overdrive in a mix. Really makes it defined and pop a little more in a busier mix.

Thanks. I think I'll have to demo this. How long is that intro price on for? Doesn't seem to say that I can see.

Have to agree with what bmanic said in another thread, I don't remember the exact quote.
When you send a hot signal into a real tube circuit you get nice, warm distortion. When you do this
with Software emulations of tube gear, the sound gets harsh. Jimmy Page got some the Zeppelin IV
guitar sounds by going direct into the mixer and cranking the pre amp.

I think I know what you mean. The interesting thing is that when I saw the viddy with the guy using the "drive" on the drums.. I was like "omg, that sounds awful!" :lol: Something like satin can push things and sound pleasing, I'm guessing that the "drive" isn't going to be my favorite aspect. (I hate the "drive" in Redd. I don't use it, I love the rest of it though!)

Isn't Nomad Factory British bundle EQ modelled on same Neve EQ as new Waves EQ?

djanthonyw wrote:
analoguesamples909 wrote:
djanthonyw wrote: I think the PSP EQs sound like hardware (on par with Nebula) next to the Waves EQs.
which hardware Neve EQ have you used?
I haven't said that I've specifically used a hardware Neve EQ, but have used:

Cartec FE-Q5
SSL E Series
Dangerous Bax
Just about every AlexB library
ah right thats odd because I dont think the PSP EQ sound much like hardware at all - decent typical digital eq...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Cintronic wrote:Isn't Nomad Factory British bundle EQ modelled on same Neve EQ as new Waves EQ?

It sure is, and it's honestly imo a lot nicer than the waves. (they don't null which begs the question, which is the accurate emu, if either?) Sometimes I do null tests to make sure i am not hearing fairy dust or imagining things.

Whatever the reason, whether it is closer to the HW or not, the Nomad one just sounds so much sweeter especially in the highs. That said, i prefer the V Comp to the british comp especially on busses.

@TheoM: What Nomad Factory EQ do you mean? The BT Equalizer BQ2s-3?

If you guys are interested, i made a blindtest of a few Neve emulation Eq and posted it on a german forum. They are numbered from EQ1 to EQ9.
http://www.musiker-board.de/reviews-tes ... dtest.html

The Main Event wrote:@TheoM: What Nomad Factory EQ do you mean? The BT Equalizer BQ2s-3?

If you guys are interested, i made a blindtest of a few Neve emulation Eq and posted it on a german forum. They are numbered from EQ1 to EQ9.
http://www.musiker-board.de/reviews-tes ... dtest.html
Actually no, not the blue tubes. It's the british bundle nomad published many years after blue tubes consisting of a never compressor/limiter and EQ. :) cheers

Ah, I see. But as far as I know, this is an emulation of the 1081, not the 1073. :)

It has identical boost and frequency settings to the waves, waves also have a 1081 emu in the V. I was only answering someone to confirm and explain re the nomad, but yes I do realise that this topic is about the new waves EQ (which i haven't used much yet).

Return to “Effects”