valhalla vintage or v.room ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At $50 each buy both. Fantastic reverbs.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Between the two, I only have VRoom and it's one of my go-tos for reverb, but I've been tempted by VVV many, many times.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

billcarroll wrote:At $50 each buy both. Fantastic reverbs.
+1 What he said ^
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

murnau wrote:
MFXxx wrote:
rustman wrote:
Tp3 wrote:I adore Vintage Verb (VeeVeeVee ; 3xV ; VVerb ; WV or whatever you want to call it) but lately I have found Studio29 Lexiclone presets for VRoom... and the large hall from the third pack... man... it's awesome. can't seem to get back to VVV.

I'm waiting for the new algos to see what Sean has under his belt ...
Now I'm curious. What is studio29? I did a web search and came up empty. :?:
I think he means Sound29 Lexiclone from Patchpools webby, I hope! :evil:
nope, it's here: http://sound29.com/blog/tag/valhallaroom-presets/
Nice one :wink:

Andywanders wrote:
murnau wrote:
MFXxx wrote:
rustman wrote:
Tp3 wrote:I adore Vintage Verb (VeeVeeVee ; 3xV ; VVerb ; WV or whatever you want to call it) but lately I have found Studio29 Lexiclone presets for VRoom... and the large hall from the third pack... man... it's awesome. can't seem to get back to VVV.

I'm waiting for the new algos to see what Sean has under his belt ...
Now I'm curious. What is studio29? I did a web search and came up empty. :?:
I think he means Sound29 Lexiclone from Patchpools webby, I hope! :evil:
nope, it's here: http://sound29.com/blog/tag/valhallaroom-presets/
Nice one :wink:
Indeed ! :hyper: :tu:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I had VRoom and traded if for VVV. They are both excellent but I prefer the grittier sound of VVV (old Lexicon-like sound) for my rock production. If I were doing jazz or folk, VRoom would be probably the way to go. :wink:

I bought some basic plugins and pretty much only need a reverb to be able to produce a pop/rock album on my own. So, the typical (male) vocals, electric (rarely acoustic) guitar, bass, drums (EZD2), keys (EZKeys piano/pianet).

I know nothing about reverbs. I've demoed Vallhalla stuff but not sure how they differ. What do you say? VRoom or VVV for me?
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

^ If you want it simple, I would say Plate. Simple, great sound and good for the music you're making.

rpm wrote:I bought some basic plugins and pretty much only need a reverb to be able to produce a pop/rock album on my own. So, the typical (male) vocals, electric (rarely acoustic) guitar, bass, drums (EZD2), keys (EZKeys piano/pianet).

I know nothing about reverbs. I've demoed Vallhalla stuff but not sure how they differ. What do you say? VRoom or VVV for me?
VVV, because it easier to set up, or indeed, ValhallaPlate, as per the previous post.

Room is great btw, provides a different flavour of reverb, but has more controls. I do urge you to demo them all three before deciding. If you really like the sound of Room, you can just get by with using presets and maybe just tweaking the big sliders only.

Valhalla Vintage is easier to mix . I need pre and sometimes post eq on V Room which is often irritating. Ask me to explain if you want to know more about my experience of that.
Philip

Yeah, how does that work? How is it that you need the EQ in VR but not in VVV?
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

VVV every time.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

cryophonik wrote:Between the two, I only have VRoom and it's one of my go-tos for reverb, but I've been tempted by VVV many, many times.
That makes two of us. Same story. :)
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

VRoom is so good. Really all you need unless you are doing EDM or sound effects.

I demoed both Vintage and Room and went for Room in the end. You'll get more colour with Vintage but I was never quite convinced by it overall.

Return to “Effects”