Rob Chiarelli Signature Pluggins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compyfox wrote:
jens wrote:Signature Pluggins is a third grade cousin of Bilbo Baggins.
Sorry, but I have to(!) comment on this. Even if it's a stupid rhyme. But it can also read as critism.

"Signature Plugins" doesn't mean that the engineer or the programmer in question has to be "famous" for a certain "Signature Release".

"Signature" means in this case, that it bear's somebody's signature. Meaning in this example: it's a compressor with fixed settings that the plugin creator "likes" and uses pretty much up and down. So it's "his signature sound".

I don't see a problem with that.
If Dennis Lenz (Prodyon) would release a sample set, that is called "Prodyon Signature Sounds", then it can either be a complete new product with the emphasis on "signature", or a best-of collection of his most famous and pretty much used up-and-down sounds.

Same with Klanghelm - his "EASY" mode of the DC8C-2 compressor is pretty much a "signature sound", even though it's not especially titled as such.

As for Hink pushing this release in the name of his cousin - I don't see a problem with that. At the very least: it's promotion, taking a step into the open seas through somebody, that is experienced with these type of boards. Hink is nothing more than a voice that speaks to the masses. There is nothing fishy about it. Don't shoot the messenger.

Neither is a possible "share" in the game (being fishy) - since Hink does work for his cousin (promotion, presentation, answering questions, etc). So getting a share of the sale sounds only fair and should be nobody's business. Closed Beta testers, that later also offer indirect support and do promotion among friends, on top of finding bugs, are paid similar in form of "gettin the plugin for free". And here, nobody is asking any questions either.

Regarding being a "one trick pony" without a "demo":
Do I have to remind half of the people in this thread, that the same happened several times(!) before with other companies and plugins? Most notably Sonimus SATSON.

Here, there was also no demo, manual or audio demos, the price was at least twice as high (49USD) with unclear info regarding "money back guarantee" (IIRC, it wasn't possible at that time), it was also a new developer. Yet people bought this plugin without hesitation. Critism was also harsh prior to an updated version with more fair terms - the developer even heavily flamed both KVR and me especially for this (he's now on GearSlutz).

In this particular example (Rob Chiarelli), we talk about 19EUR, a slight "intro" documentation, available videos (if you have the right plugin for the webbrowser), money back guarantee (like SKnote!), Win/Mac availablility right from the start. With the feedback he's getting through Hink, his page is also adapting.

And yet this is downright wrong.

I sometimes ask myself, what the funk is wrong with KVR. :nutter:

But you didn't test this plugin yourself either - so STFU!
That's right - so far I haven't tested this plugin. Since I currently don't have any funds for new tools. Neither do I have much time at the moment for "off-projects".

But seeing uncontrolled blind praise for a "nobody" on one side, and then heavy critism towards a respected member that only wants to present something that is dear to him (same happened to me with my old "Emu List" research for VST plugins - one of the current thread participants asked me "why anybody would need this", and then kept on flaming me) - clearly pisses me off!

[/rant]
thanx Compyfox...years ago when I mentioned Rob was my cousin some folk said he was famous and they knew him...well here's is wiki
Rob Chiarelli (born 13 January 1963) is an American record producer, mix engineer, musician and published author. Widely recognized as a music producer for Will Smith and Men in Black II (2002),[2] Chiarelli's work appears on numerous Gold and Platinum albums and motion picture soundtracks, including six Grammy Award winners.[

Career

After moving to Los Angeles, CA in 1989, Chiarelli joined Paramount Recording Studios[4] as an assistant engineer and quickly worked his way up to a first chair recording and mix engineer. His professional breakthrough came with legendary producer Jay King while working with the Grammy-winning R&B group Club Nouveau. Impressed with Chiarelli's work, King asked him to mix the entire Nouveau album, which reached #12 on the Billboard R&B Charts. While working on Club Nouveau at Aire LA Studios in Glendale, CA, Chiarelli met mix engineer/owner Craig Burbidge and worked on numerous hit records from artists such as Calloway, Chuckii Booker and Teddy Pendergrass.[5]

Chiarelli was also CEO of Metro Beat Records, a joint venture with Semaphore Records from 1993 until 1996. In 1997, Chiarelli formed 3.6 Records, a Joint Venture Record Label distributed by BMG/Red Ant and located in West Hollywood, CA.[4][5]

In 2008, Chiarelli co-founded Gauge Precision Instruments, Inc. (originally Gauge, Inc.), a manufacturer of audio electronics and accessories for professional and consumer markets.
Mixing & Production

As a mix engineer and record producer, Chiarelli has worked with such well known artists as Will Smith, Christina Aguilera, LeAnn Rimes, Mary Mary, Janet Jackson, Keiko Matsui, Coolio, Ray Charles, American Idol, Pink, Johnny Mathis, Paula Abdul, Diana Ross, En Vogue, Ice Cube, The Four Tops, Yolanda Adams, The Temptations, 3LW, K-Ci & JoJo, Madonna, The Naked Brothers, Aaliyah, Hilary Duff, Jesse McCartney, Ricky Martin, The Corrs, Luther Vandross, Erin Boheme, Kirk Franklin, Charlie Wilson, and Johnny Mathis.[6]

His recordings have been nominated numerous times for Grammy Awards including Christina Aguilera, Will Smith, Mary Mary and Yolanda Adams.[7]
That's why he has a signature to sell to many, because there are a lot who know his name and he has made a very good name for himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Chiarelli (wiki is better so no one will complain about music playing when you go to his page)

BTW let me stress this because it will come out eventually I am sure...Rob's goal is to market products at a great price. His commitment is to just that, market great products at a fair price...at a price everyone can afford. His tube mic under 500 dollars is amazing (as are all his mics all at great prices) The full version will not be an outrageous price. As time goes on I have no doubt there will be a lot more interest in this and Iam in it for the long run. :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

GeorgeZ wrote:...and it's up (HD is still encoding):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU0vf1WM ... e=youtu.be

Great video George, really thank you much...I am sending it on to Rob now :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

an apology to ariston, instead of keeping an open wound here he sent me a PM and we realized that my taking his post as suggesting that I was a sockpuppet was not what he intended. So I am sorry to ariston and to other members for having to go through this over a simple little misunderstanding. :)

Hink wrote:thanx Compyfox...years ago when I mentioned Rob was my cousin some folk said he was famous and they knew him...well here's is wiki
Then it is even more adjusted. Your cousin wants to get another step in the audio realm - but this time with a plugin. It just happens to be called "signature", and there is no demo - but money back guarantee!

I still remember the "WTF" moments towards Steven Slate, who was (back in the days) maybe only known to the masses (read: KVR) as sample provider. Yet he did so much more already at this point.

I really don't get the blind devotion towards one developer, and pure resentment towards another. And maybe even "family" or "close friends" to present things. Objective critism is also not wanted anymore - it's either "like it" or "no demo, no x64, no Mac - GTFO!".

Granted, KVR has seen many sock puppets and fake accounts promoting software. But in this case, it's just plain ridiculus. Tells me, that no matter what you do, it's wrong unless you have a certain "name" in the game. May it be good or bad.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Hink wrote:an apology to ariston, instead of keeping an open wound here he sent me a PM and we realized that my taking his post as suggesting that I was a sockpuppet was not what he intended. So I am sorry to ariston and to other members for having to go through this over a simple little misunderstanding. :)
I'm sorry too, it was a genuine misunderstanding. Maybe I should have been a bit less confrontative in my wording.

May this thread now continue in peace. :harp:

Has anyone tried this out yet (other than george z)? Thanks for the vid ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:Has anyone tried this out yet (other than george z)? Thanks for the vid ...
I bought it for $16.15 from JRR, just out of curiosity. I haven't given it a full workout yet, but my initial impressions are somewhat meh. I mean, it seems to do a decent job as a brickwall limiter, but so far I'm not hearing anything from this that would make me choose it over something like Barricade (which isn't that much more expensive).

The control you have over its limiting action is pretty, uh, limited. Just a rudimentary version of an attack knob, and without a release control it's pretty easy to get pumping on some material.

The Color knob seems to consist of a few EQ presets. Some sound pretty good, but I suspect any EQ plugin could do a similar job.

If someone can give me a hint about what to listen for that makes this plugin different, please chime in.

Cheers,
Eddie

P.S. I should add that it's always nice to see independent devs introducing new tools that do a decent job at low cost. :tu:
The future exists in all directions.

Eddie TX wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Has anyone tried this out yet (other than george z)? Thanks for the vid ...
I bought it for $16.15 from JRR, just out of curiosity. I haven't given it a full workout yet, but my initial impressions are somewhat meh. I mean, it seems to do a decent job as a brickwall limiter, but so far I'm not hearing anything from this that would make me choose it over something like Barricade (which isn't that much more expensive).

The control you have over its limiting action is pretty, uh, limited. Just a rudimentary version of an attack knob, and without a release control it's pretty easy to get pumping on some material.

The Color knob seems to consist of a few EQ presets. Some sound pretty good, but I suspect any EQ plugin could do a similar job.

If someone can give me a hint about what to listen for that makes this plugin different, please chime in.

Cheers,
Eddie

P.S. I should add that it's always nice to see independent devs introducing new tools that do a decent job at low cost. :tu:
watch the video george made...the trick is in the drive which is for finding the sweet spot. Basically when the yellow led is lit you're in the sweet spot :)

Sweet spot's where it's...err... sweet :lol:
Totally the key to getting this thing to shimmy.
Eternitysound VST Banks

Thanks for the vid George, I'm likely to give this a run, interesting!

bmp

Bumping this as was reminded of this looking at JRR shop.

Just curious i watched the video, but was said specifically probably not for EDM.. which of course, makes me want to know what it sounds like on EDM lol...

Things that are not supposed to sound good on certain sources often are the ones that do!....

Since i am trimming down drastically I would be interested in this for $19 but no demo, i don't mind, but i make exclusively electronic music, so i'd still rather not spend it if it won't be of use to me.

Anyone got it and can post some edm examples?

I see that Mix Buss Lite has been updated to v2.0:

It's still $19 but refunds are no longer granted (see FAQ).

Greetings
D.
"There's a certain detail seen here."

Ok well perhaps the pop setting (which i presume might have some ssl type comp) is the one that might work on EDM

I can not recommend currently to buy from this developer.
He doesn´t answer support emails.

Asked him several times where to get new updates. No answer !
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

Return to “Effects”