New from NI: Supercharger GT

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Supercharger Supercharger GT

medienhexer wrote:
fese wrote:And it's not even heavy on the CPU, which must be kind of a first for NI :wink:
Depends. The Solid Mix Series is pretty light on CPU, as is Driver. The Tube Series is of course more demanding, the Reverbs are well within the norm. So a bit of everything, really.
Interestingly the same dev did the DSP implementation for Supercharger and Solid Mix Series. http://coolstufflabs.com/portfolio.html

that's interesting.

the GUI was done by the guy from Mokafix. they should have let him code DSP as well. i sincerely hope his code gets into nexy version of Guitar Rig, since his stomps were very cool.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:the GUI was done by the guy from Mokafix. they should have let him code DSP as well. i sincerely hope his code gets into nexy version of Guitar Rig, since his stomps were very cool.
I did a shout-out to Efflam a page or two ago. His GUIs are masterpieces but I do agree, it'd be awesome if some day we get to see some Efflam plugins in NI's toolkit. I have all of the old Mokafix gear and really enjoyed getting to know him, he's such a nice guy. I've had the pleasure of getting to know some really genuine, nice people in this industry, actually. Peter from IK, Drew Bach who used to work for IK and these days works out on the West Coast, of course Brian at Wampler Pedals who I worked for two or three years, Efflam whose talent was snatched up almost immediately (well, can you blame them, just look at what he can do with a GUI!), Matt at LVC Audio, Tony at Klanghelm, and many many more in both hardware and software.

Whatever you think about a single product... The people who work hard to bring these tools out are generally dedicated, passionate, and very real people... It's been an honor to get to know the ones I have :)

Efflam mentioned to me that NI wasn't at all interested in his plugins, only his GUI making skills. Terrible shame... Guitar Rig would have been extremely awesome with all those Mokafix stops in it...

i lament the fact that i didn't get all of his stomps back in the day. i especially miss the tiger wah, since there's no other standalone wah. of course i never tried it, but given the quality of his other plugins, it must have been great... and i can't even buy them, even at double, triple the price, because license transfers aren't allowed either.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

It's a interesting saturation plug-in with a good sound. M/S could be more usable with more controls for the mid/side bands.

db3 wrote: Interestingly the same dev did the DSP implementation for Supercharger and Solid Mix Series. http://coolstufflabs.com/portfolio.html
Not bad. Seems to be quite a hard working guy, hasn't added and entry at his web site since 2011 :wink:

Does NI have any employed DSP coders at all or are they just commissioning other companies? At least all their effects seem to be cooperations. Or do they focus on instruments, which is (was?) their core business?

Not surprising as this sounds great and Solid Mix are my other favorite. I actually prefer it to the stuff Softube did for them.
You are currently reading my signature.

In what ways are you guys gonna use this plug and in what way does it do things better than your other plugins :)

I kind of felt the character/fat knob was interesting.
Bitwig

To be honest, my interest for the free version was very limited but some of the new features bring it for me back to the table of interest ;)

Nice for fattening up bass and drums. I'm not sure with the M/S mode...
For testing I replaced the comps with the Supercharger and I like the result:
Frank Arnold - Static Movement (Supercharger GT)

I still haven't bought it (ordered an iPad air today, so i have to wait until march), but as far as I have tested, it worked great for drums of course, bass too, I also liked it on clean electric guitar (without any amp sim). Even if you don't use the compressor you can have fun with the drive knob.

What i am really impressed by, apart from the sonic qualities, is the usability paired with the flexibility. It looks great, has a minimum of knobs and switches but every one of those does something to the sound. I don't think I know many plugins that have those qualities.

Bought, but something is going on with their server I think. It won't let me download it yet. (2nd day trying).

Agreed wrote:blah blah
At a total loss haha, the reason i made the comparison was not to critique any company, the fact that you read that into it, well that's your problem, nobody elses.
I made the comparison because when NI do something, it is sly and marketing hype, when anybody else does it, they are a great developer for doing it.
Do you want me to explain it to you again, or will you actually read it this time ?

Screw it, i will explain it again for you

NI CAN DO NOTHING RIGHT, WHATEVER THEY DO THEY ARE TRYING TO FORCE PEOPLE INTO BUYING SOMETHING.

Get it yet ?
damoog wrote:Dunno about clever,more like really sly in my book,it's a decent compressor I suppose but I ain't forking out €30 to upgrade
Taoist wrote:At first I got a little perturbed about feeling sucked in by the marketing ploy
Get it yet ?
Once more, just for you....
If anybody else does it, they are great developers, if NI do it, they are sly and blah blah
I WASN'T DISRESPECTING ANY DEVELOPERS
Get it yet ?
Duh

Return to “Effects”