NI Molekular [threads merged]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been a long time since NI has made something that interests me - I had actually sort of given up on them. I also didn't want to buy another plugin.

But this thing... It's pricey, but I'm absolutely blown away by this and what it can do judging by the demos!

I'll keenly wait for people to post their impressions on it.

Liking the GUI and sounds in the single loop demo. Gonna DL the demo on the weekend.

I'm curious as to what extend the various effect modules can be re-used in other ensembles. I guess the main issue would be that you'd have to have some considerable experience in Reaktor UI crafting to make it work from an interface persepctive. Or is the entire ensemble locked completely?
Guess I will have to try the demo later this evening.

BDeep wrote:
hibidy wrote:Wow, 149? That is steep! It say download demo, is that something new they have done with reaktor ensembles?
The functionality was always there (if you installed for example Razor first, it would run in demo mode until you registered it). What's new is that they finally decided to make the demo available for download.
Good move imho.

Yeah absolutely, they should've done that from the start with all Reaktor based products, especially since the functionality was already there.... Bet hey, better late than never.

BDeep wrote:I'm curious as to what extend the various effect modules can be re-used in other ensembles. I guess the main issue would be that you'd have to have some considerable experience in Reaktor UI crafting to make it work from an interface persepctive. Or is the entire ensemble locked completely?
The ensemble is unlocked, but you would need considerable expertise and study to use the internal modules elsewhere.
The demo version is locked.

The original Kore ensembles from the Deep Series are easier to extract and use.
Clipboard-1.png
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

arachnaut wrote:
BDeep wrote:I'm curious as to what extend the various effect modules can be re-used in other ensembles. I guess the main issue would be that you'd have to have some considerable experience in Reaktor UI crafting to make it work from an interface persepctive. Or is the entire ensemble locked completely?
The ensemble is unlocked, but you would need considerable expertise and study to use the internal modules elsewhere.
The demo version is locked.

The original Kore ensembles from the Deep Series are easier to extract and use.
Clipboard-1.png

Yah i extracted the .ens files from the KORE series way way back and had fun messing about with them. I never really incorporated them into any of my own setups though. I always wanted to design something like molekular but i just never had the "skills" or time to develop them in reaktor. So i for one and pretty grateful to see something like this.
:borg:

I think that folks who complain about the price don't realize the amount of work that goes into building something like this.

I've been using Reaktor for some time and made quite a few involved instruments, and I always like to use streams of effect modules in my work like what you see in Molekular.

But I wouldn't dream of starting a project like this.

Here's an example of a small piece of Molekular. If you open these inner modules you will see similar complexity.
Clipboard-1.png

Opening the inner 'morphing' module shows similar complexity:
Clipboard-1.png

So lots of core being used?

arachnaut wrote:I think that folks who complain about the price don't realize the amount of work that goes into building something like this.
For me, it's not that. It's that I'm a Komplete owner if if they're going to make this part of Komplete in the future it would be silly for me to shell out money now for something I'll get in a future update. I've been holding out to go to Komplete 9 because I didn't quite think there was enough difference between 8 and 9, but if they add this to 9 I'll be all over it like mustache wax on hipsters.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Edited out a bit of hyperbole, but it's really unfortunate that Komplete owners who want NI's new products end up basically buying them twice. Companies like NI and FXpansion who have these outdated pricing policies that screw over their most eager customers really need to get with the program.

Just ended 1+ hour demo session.

Molekular:

Looks, works and sounds great! Quality work for sure so I'll understand why people will choose it.
Loads of good things to say about it... like the number of unique effects and the integration including the qunatized pitch thing...

A good number of effects remind of Razor's synthesis + the way you work/play makes this one pretty much incomparable with other modular effect systems like Turnado (or Artillery2?)

OK, now the bad parts.
-CPU high especially with some effects
-the usual CPU spikes with Reaktor (player) within my DAW (+the whole Reaktor dependence with extras you don't need...IMO)
-time consuming and obsessive (will possibly help you derail music making :hihi: )

At the end of this session, I'm sorry to say that the whole thing kinda let me uninterested... maybe it's just how I feel atm... which is good because my money is safe :hihi: and I'll have more time to actually finish projects. :D

...some unique and cool effects though... which I kinda wish they would make "stand-alone" real plugins of + retaining some simple, basic modular capabilities as well..

3ee wrote:...some unique and cool effects though... which I kinda wish they would make "stand-alone" real plugins of + retaining some simple, basic modular capabilities as well..
Yep, I found just 3 or 4 effect modules that I really liked. Was not interested with the others unfortunately. Would buy them individually but $149 is kinda pricey just for a few modules….

Return to “Effects”