Glitchmachines Quadrant, modular efx & soundgen

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quadrant

Last edited by 218 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buying now! :)
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Interesting, but the bundled sample library is a put-off for me. I like sample libs, but I use them mostly for stuff I can't produce by myself, i.e. vocals, rare instruments, rare synths, etc. The idea of using someone else's loops, especially synth work, is just not appealing to me, and the samples, as good as I'm sure they are, will probably end up just wasting space on my HD.

I'd also like to see a summary of the modules available, or an instruction manual. The price makes this very tempting though!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

You don't need to use the samples though. They seemed to be a bonus.

I agree a manual or summary of modules is critical to a purchase decision. What I see in the demo almost any soft synth can do (LFO, Osc, Filter tied together). I like Glitchmachine products, but need more info before buying this one. I do like the samples, but might not use them in this plugin….
Sendy wrote:Interesting, but the bundled sample library is a put-off for me. I like sample libs, but I use them mostly for stuff I can't produce by myself, i.e. vocals, rare instruments, rare synths, etc. The idea of using someone else's loops, especially synth work, is just not appealing to me, and the samples, as good as I'm sure they are, will probably end up just wasting space on my HD.

I'd also like to see a summary of the modules available, or an instruction manual. The price makes this very tempting though!

I have asked before for the manuals by mail, try it.
dedication to flying

I like the look of the gui/layout - seems easy to use, though I could probably achieve the same thing in VazMod with out too much difficulty. I'm tempted by the price though...
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

here are the modules:

mono delay
stereo delay
filter
pitcher (pitchshifter)
reducer
clipper
distortion
fold
waveshaper
noise
fm osc
-----
mono gainer
stereo gainer
mono mixer
dual mono mixer
stereo mixer
------------
envelope follower
lfo
midi
meta control
quad scaler
add/sub
mult/div
random in
random out
lag

Looking at this I'm not sure how to wrap my head around it..
Going to watch tut video now

Sendy wrote:Interesting, but the bundled sample library is a put-off for me. I like sample libs, but I use them mostly for stuff I can't produce by myself, i.e. vocals, rare instruments, rare synths, etc. The idea of using someone else's loops, especially synth work, is just not appealing to me, and the samples, as good as I'm sure they are, will probably end up just wasting space on my HD.

I feel the same about most sample libraries, but i think the sounds that glitch machines makes are pretty wild and unique in their construction. I imagine it would take some time and plenty of money on real modular analog synthesizers to recreate many of the sounds in the library.

I'm more interested in how this effect system will transform say... something like U-he Bazille ;)
:borg:

It's a pretty cool plugin. Too many things to list here but most module have a little info ? in the corner and plenty of tool tips when hovering outputs and inputs in the patch bay. Haven't dug in the manual yet. Once you play with it everything seems self-explanatory. Audio outputs seems to be able to modulate things also and you can plugins more than one cable in inputs or outputs.

Modulation madness! Well worth the price!

Why their products all sound the same? Blindly, I couldn’t tell the difference and know what is what…
Last edited by Neon Breath on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Mono delay module has a feedback loop and can insert any of the loaded effects into the loop.

All signals are audio rate and anything can be plugged into anything

Cytomic The Drop will also use audio rate inputs for modulation when v1 is released so these 2 might make good bedfellows in terms of emulating proper modular harware.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Looks cool, I'd like to be able to see the user guide, or to demo it. Some modules like "Random In", "Quad Scaler", and "Meta Control" need more explanation than their name. The Overview/Tutorial videos went over the basics well, but not in depth. Honestly, I'll probably just wind up buying it anyway, lol.

So anyone got a review or an idea of it yet? the videos dont really show much and while the examples sound nice its hard to jump without a demo

After seeing the list of modules (Thank you paradiddle and shame on them for not putting that on their website) I have to say I'm underwhelmed.The modular architecture is cool,but the modules are kinda bread and butter.The samples I could care less about and would prefer a DL option that did NOT include them.
I was excited about this until now,but I'm gonna pass unless someone shows me something more compelling.

Return to “Effects”