2. Chromophone
3. Spectral
4. Tremor
5. Retron

AstralExistence wrote:
rod_zero wrote:Best Effects GUI's:

1.- All fabfilter, specially Saturn and Pro q
2.- All valhalla, VVV specially

The moyority of plug in devs choose horrible skeumorphic designs.
i can picture the clothes you wear.

fabfilter interfaces are so ridiculously over the top and unnecessary. those knobs look like tiny penises.

valhalla plugs are obnoxiously ugly as well. flux plugins look the best. if were talking about style.

that said, fabfilter, and valhalla plugs sound awesome. vintage verb is imo better then those overpriced 2c reverbs. never used the flux ones.
dedication to flying

I'm not against flat design, but I do like skeuomorphism with plugins. Makes me feel like I've purchased a tangible piece of equipment :)

Some favourites: U-he, D16, Klanghelm, Softube, Slate Digital

IK stuff would be better if they rendered with a higher resolution - same goes for Tone2. I love Valhalla sound, but the design blows.

AstralExistence wrote:fabfilter interfaces are so ridiculously over the top and unnecessary. those knobs look like tiny penises.
Being over the top is sooo good. Kidz love it. Unnecesary... Care to elaborate?
And to me they look like huge penises... :D
AstralExistence wrote:vintage verb is imo better then those overpriced 2c reverbs.
2C has decent prices when they do sales. :love:

fedexnman wrote:I like stuff that doesnt look like real gear or Windows 95 or XP .
Stuff I like . Valhalla , Madrona Labs , Cytomic The glue , Liquidsonic Reverberate ,
Stuff I hate AAS , Voxengo , anything that looks to bling or like real gear . That saying AAS and Voxengo make great instruments and effects but there GUIs suck donkey butts ...

You're doing anyway wrong to VOXENGO! :x
The developer is one of the best programers in the world, also the GUI of each Plug-In can get customized - of course with limitations. The ones you cited have i.m.o the worst design amongst the Plug-Ins. In the end it's a matter of taste…

Delfinoverde wrote:
fedexnman wrote:I like stuff that doesnt look like real gear or Windows 95 or XP .
Stuff I like . Valhalla , Madrona Labs , Cytomic The glue , Liquidsonic Reverberate ,
Stuff I hate AAS , Voxengo , anything that looks to bling or like real gear . That saying AAS and Voxengo make great instruments and effects but there GUIs suck donkey butts ...

You're doing anyway wrong to VOXENGO! :x
The developer is one of the best programers in the world, also the GUI of each Plug-In can get customized - of course with limitations. The ones you cited have i.m.o the worst design amongst the Plug-Ins. In the end it's a matter of taste…

i really don't like voxengo gui color choices. easter egg much? but if were talking about gui adjustment i can think of nothing better in the plugin world.

yzcoruhT

propellerhead are a very talented bunch when it comes to graphic design.
Last edited by AstralExistence on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

U-o wrote:Image

try submitting an anime portfolio at comic con and see what hardcore comic book artist think of this shitty 'different only to be unique' form of art :dog:

Forgot to add to the worst ever Plug-Ins GUI design:
– Inear Display :-o :drunk: :phew:

My biggest thrill comes from large, sharp,resizeable GUI's. Two companies that make some really cool plugs also have the dinkiest little bitty GUIs- PSP and Ohm Force. I just bought the entire Ohm Force line tonight anyway. My cat insisted. PSP will have to impress me with size before I cough up that much cabbage.

DIVA is at the top of the list for me, along with the Valhalla stuff. Valhalla is drag to resize. Some of you will understand when you start having to put on reading glasses, lean forward out of the ideal listening position, and still squint to adjust an effect. Takes the fun out.

Sampletank2 hits high on my worst list.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

i find the voxengo gui also very annoying. those plugins deserve a much better gui.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I agree esthetically about Voxengo. Good stuff for sure, but They look a little grainy to me. I think they should look very crisp and precise, like Ozone 5, for example, or the Softube created processors that come with K9U. I do respect Voxengo though.

Ya know what else is important? Knob function. I've got some older stuff, some of them freebies, but I tend to avoid them because the knobs don't work smoothly. That is frustrating for me. Fabfilter knobs are the shizz of all smoothness.

I'd like to add cableguys to the good list. Filtershaper, for instance has a nice, well thought out interface and it's big too. Liking it a lot.

Return to “Effects”