Eventide UltraChannel Native plug-in for Free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraChannel

Mushy Mushy wrote:I have to say I dont understand the need for channel strips in the ITB world.
Just add various EQ's, compressors, et al, in the chain and make your own.

I get it's more convenient, but it's literally only a couple of mouse clicks.

Perhaps I'm missing something though :shrug:
Perhaps you have a point. In this case it's simply that, for free, the comps and the pitchshifter are very good indeed.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Shabdahbriah wrote:I think it was meant as a compliment
observation of prior history says not. :shrug:
, albeit, falling far short of encompassing your luminous character. :wink:
well, true, dat. luminous as an x-ray technician, i am.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

do_androids_dream wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Its a zero-cost marketing thing, like many other such things in the plugin industry. Its a familiar enough tactic that I wouldnt have expected it to engender the kind of paranoia it has, but then again this is the interwebz.
If you genuinely think there's a risk, then pass on it until you're sure. :shrug: I think you're being misled by the 'its a trap' paranoia.
1) I guess my concerns might actually be more with the ilok side of things rather than the channel strip.
2) Perhaps I should just get on with it and deal with any problems if they arise :help:
1) That's a legitimate concern.
2) That would be how it is dealt with. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

do_androids_dream wrote: Perhaps you have a point. In this case it's simply that, for free, the comps and the pitchshifter are very good indeed.
If I were them I'd split all the modules off and sell them for $50 each.

Surely that would get a better response than a $250 version of something the vast majority of people already have.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Shabdahbriah wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Its a zero-cost marketing thing, like many other such things in the plugin industry. Its a familiar enough tactic that I wouldnt have expected it to engender the kind of paranoia it has, but then again this is the interwebz.
If you genuinely think there's a risk, then pass on it until you're sure. :shrug: I think you're being misled by the 'its a trap' paranoia.
1) I guess my concerns might actually be more with the ilok side of things rather than the channel strip.
2) Perhaps I should just get on with it and deal with any problems if they arise :help:
1) That's a legitimate concern.
2) That would be how it is dealt with. :tu:
Yes, just considering whether or not to put myself in the position of having to deal with any problems should they arise... over thinking much? :lol:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

whyterabbyt wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't up on the "history". :oops:
whyterabbyt wrote:
, albeit, falling far short of encompassing your luminous character. :wink:
well, true, dat. luminous as an x-ray technician, i am.
Some things are 'self-evident', though {admittedly} that may be apparent to me, only because I stand way too close to my microwave. :D
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Mushy Mushy wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote: Perhaps you have a point. In this case it's simply that, for free, the comps and the pitchshifter are very good indeed.
If I were them I'd split all the modules off and sell them for $50 each.

Surely that would get a better response than a $250 version of something the vast majority of people already have.

It doesn't seem you're part of the market they're looking to interest. Can always just turn off the modules you don't want to use though.

That said, they sell the O-Pressor standalone as the 'Omnipressor' for 99 dollars. And the Pitch shift and delay are from the H3000 factory plugin.

I think they sound better than much of my 3rd party plugins and this is definitely a nice utility knife plugin for someone who doesn't have many options.

Shabdahbriah wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't up on the "history". :oops:
Neither was I till last week, but supposedly there was one, and it was the primary motive in my response. Which was a bit of a surprise to me, I have to say.

Oh well, never mind.

Anyway; channel strips - sometimes all someone would want, sometimes not as flexible as dedicated separate plugins. Mileages vary and the length of a bit of string is not adequately predictable in advance.

Shabdahbriah wrote:Quick question regarding Ilok site registration.

I have an old ilok key (the transparent 'blue' one) with a couple of Motu instruments on it, which are currently NOT installed on any machine. Is it true that the ilok "registration" no longer supports that key?

thanks.
No, it still works right. Some developers only admit lLok2 for their products, but this is not the case.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

standalone wrote:

I have an old ilok key (the transparent 'blue' one) with a couple of Motu instruments on it, which are currently NOT installed on any machine. Is it true that the ilok "registration" no longer supports that key?

thanks.
No, it still works right. Some developers only admit lLok2 for their products, but this is not the case.
Yup, what standalone says. I have three old V1 iLoks and they all work.

whyterabbyt wrote:
standalone wrote:

thanks.
Cool, thank you both! :hug:

do_androids_dream wrote:Perhaps you have a point. In this case it's simply that, for free, the comps and the pitchshifter are very good indeed.
The "few mouse clicks" can become quite disturbing esp. when you hook an EQ between two comps. Depending on what you're trying to achieve it's an orgy of clicks.

2nd use (at least to me) is final sound design with a strip hooked after e.g. a synth or in a drum bus. Here you either don't want to much clicking forward and back imho while the capabilities of a (this) strip are good enough for replacing or providing tools that are not present in the soundsource. :)

Love it always liked Eventide sound !Thanks for the code ! :clap:

So, everyone's had some time to check this out a bit, and no one sees any "cutdown" or crippled signs in the software?

Like everyone else, I've been trying to figure out the marketing angle. I think the best suggestion so far is the building of an email database which can be very valuable.

On the other hand, NI's Supercharger plug was a freebie last year, and very complete (not crippled). But when the plug was released shortly after, a few nice features were added, justifying the (modest) purchase price.

Thoughts?

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

whyterabbyt wrote:
standalone wrote:

thanks.
Wait, do the V1 iLoks work with x64 plugins? I've never tried to use any as my iLok has been collecting dust since iLok 2 was announced and there was talk that this was necessary for x64 plugs.

Return to “Effects”