Your fav. mastering suite ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Right now, I am writing Dance / Amb kind of music without vocal. I'd like to have yr comments / suggestions on mastering suite. My budget is around $400 (hopefully enough). Is iZotope is one of the best one to start with ?

Regards!
Cowby

You are going to get A LOT of different answers.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

It's okay because I haven't focus on the suite previously so some brands may not in my mind.

Welcome to all suggestion.

I like to use individual plugins as needed to mastering.
At the moment mostly MeldaProduction plugins.
http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... ringBundle

Yes it is over your budget (612 $) but these are also useful plugins in mixing not just mastering.

thanks moon, I hear some good comments from other forum. Sure will have a look.

That would be Fabfilter for me. Also excellent for mixing. It's the workflow and sound quality that sealed the deal for me.

toneboosters plugins. affordable, good, covers almost all aspect of mastering needs.
http://www.toneboosters.com

Toontrack EZMix2 Mastering Packs.

Most of the ''Mastering'' videos I've seen on YouTube are about fixing problems that should have already been sorted out during the mixing stage.

I'm probably the only one who will suggest this option but it's not as crazy as it might seem imho.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Ozone 5 rules my world. Love it.

Ozone really. Then again you might get away with Alloy depending on what you are doing, and you can use that on tracks and busses too.

Voxengo Voxformer or Drumformer are also pretty nifty with lots of really well integrated and useful features. No bloat and an amazing sound - nice big interface. Consider them at least. I use these more than Ozone for most things, because they do the job. The gate is one of the best going. It can just subtly add snap and rhythym to any track. Nice saturaton too. Give them a go.

Tks all for your valuable suggestions and sharing...

Tonebooster is so good sounding ! For the rest of the suggestion, will have a look in youtube see how ppl using them for mixing and try to understand the workflow.

Pls if you have more suggestions?

As the very first reply from ATS says, you're going to get a lot of answers. By the time this thread has run its course it will likely have listed every mastering tool on the market.

There's a reason for that. 10 people can use 10 different tools and get equally good results. The reality is that they all do the same thing, perhaps with more or less intelligence, or maybe more ergonomically-friendly user interfaces. But the end result is the same - as long as you know what you're doing, of course. That just takes practice.

Having said that, I'd recommend Ozone as the place to start. For the individual who's still trying to get a handle on the whole mastering thing, nothing is easier to achieve good results with.

Toneboosters very transparent excellent for mastering ! I also really like the Ni Vary MU and Ni Passive eq for mastering very sharp and mixes gets really louder and open with those two ..

Using Ozone 5 and pleased with it--but haven't had experience with other mastering suites.

Another vote for fabfilter. I haven't messed with other options other than the stock stuff in Ableton Live, but love the UI, (fantastic pre/post waveform display if you turn it on) great sound, and plenty of great options: EQing with Mid/Side or Left/Right, great compressor, nice multi-band compressor if that's your thing, and I love the limiter. It's also got a fantastic de-esser from what I've read although I have yet to use it.

Return to “Effects”