Tilt EQ options: Boz T-bone vs SlickEQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm just going put a word in here for Sonimus Sweetone:

http://sonimus.com/products/sweetone/

It's a dedicated tilt EQ, with a few extra features like a very smooth LPF and HPF and a "loud" mode which is just wonderful for.. wait for it... sweetening up a track. Deceptively versatile and a lush tone. Love it.

I just bought T-Bone and I am one happy
customer.
It does what it promises and it does it well.

Works like a charm :D
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

I also just bought T-Bone - the sale price was too tempting. Wow what a great plugin, this is the best and easiest eq I have used and the interface design is a work of genius - beauty and functionality elegantly combined!

I just watched that video : I like that GUI with the eq shape display in the background !
And the overall interface looks nice ;)

Another vote for Sonimus Sweetone. :)
You are currently reading my signature.

Third vote for SweeTone. It's a dedicated tilt EQ, and a very good one at that. Please don't forget that SKNote Presence has an excellent tilt feature as well.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

I will pass on the Gentlemen's Edition and stay with the free version: I simply can't justify to pay €30 for a few addional features. Otherwise it's a great Plugin. $25 which means something around 18-19€ for T-Bone is phantastic!
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Good review - this was interesting though:
While not a huge deal, all knobs conform to the Kyoto Brando Consortum of 2012 which states that all knobs should have a fine-tune ability when holding Control.
I can't believe there has been some 'consortium' of presumed experts on knob design that has set a 'standard' to do the worst knob design possible - I hate it when you can only fine tune a knob by holding control (or shift) - that is fine for the people who work with samples and finished recordings, but for players like me it means you end up with no hands free to play notes with making it very hard to fine tune while playing. Less of an issue with an eq perhaps but a pain when designing sounds. The way it should work is to have rings in the knob like FabFilter used to, if you mouse on the knob itself you get course control, if you mouse on the ring you get fine control.

I purchased them both. All I can say is that they are quite different. T-Bone is really fast when is needed, and T-Bone has a really good sounding filters, and it is very transparent (for 25$ this much, better hurry until Sunday).
Filters are in the class of Vengeance Philta XL but only one Low Cut 24 db/oct.
SlickEQ GE is more like character EQ Swiss army knife that I could very easy adjust Neve or SSL E channel sound but with more definition than other simulations. GE edition dynamic response to lower levels is better than free version.

Very satisfied with both of them. :clap:

T-Bone's GUI is pretty well-though out, that curve display is smart. The audio in the vid sounds nice, I haven't demoed it myself though.

SlickEQ GE's Tilt is so useful and effective as a part of the EQ, combined with the other bands and filters. Then, half a dB can go a looong way.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

xtrax wrote:I purchased them both. All I can say is that they are quite different. T-Bone is really fast when is needed, and T-Bone has a really good sounding filters, and it is very transparent (for 25$ this much, better hurry until Sunday).
Filters are in the class of Vengeance Philta XL but only one Low Cut 24 db/oct.
SlickEQ GE is more like character EQ Swiss army knife that I could very easy adjust Neve or SSL E channel sound but with more definition than other simulations. GE edition dynamic response to lower levels is better than free version.

Very satisfied with both of them. :clap:
How much cpu intensive is T-Bone, please? I'm thinking about buying it.
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote: How much cpu intensive is T-Bone, please? I'm thinking about buying it.
I made quick test for You.

100 T-Bone on playing channels, and all engaged to the max (everything including analog sim.)
On 8 core MacPro 2.8Ghz.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you so much. :clap: You have powerful computer, but CPU usage is real good. I'll buy it tomorrow if I'll not change my mind. Price is really great!

Also, does anybody have Sweetone and knows its CPU usage?
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote:Thank you so much. :clap: You have powerful computer, but CPU usage is real good. I'll buy it tomorrow if I'll not change my mind. Price is really great!

Also, does anybody have Sweetone and knows its CPU usage?

You will not regret for T-Bone. I tried it side by side with my Summit Audio EQF100 Softube and Analog sim. at T-Bone was (really close). This was really interesting. IMO Summit Audio EQ has the best saturation I ever heard on any EQ plugin. Quality of the filters at T-Bone are top notch.
High's top end is a much cleaner at T-Bone what I really like. See the pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”