How to use Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every time I try to use Abelton's reverb mixing over 25% I seem to get this extra ambient tree chop sound over the top of the rest.
I don't know how to describe it any better. The reflect knob seems to affect it's intensity and the hi and lo cut change its tone. I don't want it there at all! Just the rest of the effect. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? How can I use reverb better?

Got any links to some good noob reverb guides? Especially with the params Abelton's has?

The new issue of Computer Music has a long and in depth 'how to use reverb' article along with some tutorials. In addition, buying the magazine (including digital editions) will get you two reverb plugins.

Demo the Valhalla DSP reverbs cheap and the best for what they cover. I don't know anyone who likes Live's reverb.

Yeah, had the same "issue" with Logic's verbs, try ValhallaRoom, it will give you all of the reverb and none of the artefacts ;).

I never been able to get good results with Abletons Reverbs. Too complex for learning how they work.

Demo some others like ones suggested to see if you get better results.

Return to “Effects”