Acon Multiply - new free chorus plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiply

Melodyshine wrote:Blue Cat's Chorus is better ;)
They're both excellent and they're both free, so there's really no need to make a dick-measuring contest out of it.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Tricky-Loops wrote:If I understand it right, it's a multi-band chorus with some kind of comb filters?
Time varying comb filters would be the traditional way of implementing a chorus. Multiply processes the signal prior to the comb filtering stage in such a way that phase cancellations occur at random locations in the frequency spectrum as opposed to the uniformly spaced cancellations that occur in comb filters. Regularly spaced phase cancellations tend to sound synthetic like a flanger effect. There is no multiband processing going on as already pointed out. I hope that made some sense... :)

Best,
Stian

Autobot wrote:Is there a zip file of the plugin available? I hate installer ...
I'm sorry, there's only the installers available.

Best,
Stian

camsr wrote:Did anyone notice a random glitching pop when using it?
Happens on any voice setting, and it's not CPU overload.
I am also getting a choppy sound in FL Studio 11/Win7. Enabling 'used fixed size buffers' gets rid of the choppiness, at the expense of 2ms latency.

Thanks audiosabre, that fixed it!

Yes I get that too...also on FL Studio :cry:
[Insert Signature Here]

audiosabre wrote:
I am also getting a choppy sound in FL Studio 11/Win7. Enabling 'used fixed size buffers' gets rid of the choppiness, at the expense of 2ms latency.
Thank for letting us know! I did receive a report about this problem some days ago, but couldn't reproduce the issue in FL Studio 11. I'll look at it again and hopefully find a solution.

Best,
Stian

I like this. Seems to add a bottom and a warmth , like cotton ...
I have FL 11 64 bit and didn't have any issues.

osiris wrote:I like this. Seems to add a bottom and a warmth , like cotton ...
Thanks! Cotton is probably a good description... :wink:
osiris wrote:I have FL 11 64 bit and didn't have any issues.
I ran some further test with and without fixed buffer size processing and still cannot reproduce these issues. I don't really understand what's going on. To those of you who have experienced this: Is it related to the project or are all projects affected?

Best,
Stian

stian wrote:To those of you who have experienced this: Is it related to the project or are all projects affected?
I figured out how to break it again (temporarily) on my system. In FL wrapper options, settings tab, general box, I repeatedly press 'reset' until it triggers the choppiness. It only happens with the wet signal, solo that first. Looking at the recorded sine, it appears the signal periodically cuts out.

Here is what it sounds like with a sine wave.

Aside from this, I can't break it permanently, even if i now disable fixed buffers, reinstall the plugin, etc, it appears to work just fine now. I don't believe it's related to project settings, as I haven't got anything special going on. I run at 48k if that's any use to you.

I also had this issue with your Verberate demo, but it's the same story with that. Works fine now. Confusing.

What I wrote above applies to my onboard sound device. When I switch to E-MU ASIO, it's a different story. It's permanently broke when fixed size buffers is disabled.

Here is what it sounds like when I change buffer size of the ASIO driver - different patterns of cut-outs. Running at 44.1k this time just to see if it had an effect on the problem; it didn't.

It's a nice competition to a bucket-brigade type chorus.

audiosabre wrote:What I wrote above applies to my onboard sound device. When I switch to E-MU ASIO, it's a different story. It's permanently broke when fixed size buffers is disabled.

Here is what it sounds like when I change buffer size of the ASIO driver - different patterns of cut-outs. Running at 44.1k this time just to see if it had an effect on the problem; it didn't.
Thank you very much for testing and creating the files! I have the feeling that certain changes in the block lengths cause the problem. Now I have some code reviewing to do... :)

Best,
Stian

Oh man this chorus is so sweet!
Totally different for the TAL Chorus, I surely can find a stable use for this!
Thanks!
God save the Groove!

stian wrote:
osiris wrote:I like this. Seems to add a bottom and a warmth , like cotton ...
Thanks! Cotton is probably a good description... :wink:
osiris wrote:I have FL 11 64 bit and didn't have any issues.
I ran some further test with and without fixed buffer size processing and still cannot reproduce these issues. I don't really understand what's going on. To those of you who have experienced this: Is it related to the project or are all projects affected?

Best,
Stian
I have the similar problem in FL Studio 32 bit. Even in empty project if I load the plugin and then a random synth that I route to plugin channel. It always gives crackling without Use Fixed Buffers setting. I'm using M-Audio PCI interface ASIO drivers.
No signature here!

Return to “Effects”