Shattered Glass Audio releases SGA1566 - free, circuit simulation powered preamp plug-in

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SGA1566 SGA1566 MkII

For me, all 96k is like a third graph above, so it rolls of guite a lot.
So that is how it's supoposed to be?
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

I wouldn't be suprised, I heard the same rolloff and just attributed it to the unit's character. It's not uncommon for a pre-amp to have some HF rolloff, but this one seems to be steep enough to make me second guess it.

@provoc
Different filters have different width of the transition band, ripple, and latency. Filters we used have a bit wider transition band than some, but no ripple, and add almost no latency (few samples). The effect of the high end roll off can be compensated with the Treble knob, or you can use no oversampling if you don't expect aliasing.
@Vospi
You have an old version.

SGA wrote:@thecontrolcentre
I have just downloaded all three installers from the website without a problem. Windows installers are about 1Mb each and Mac installer is about 3.5 Mb.
I have downloaded the SGA exe several times (also ACE exe). When I open either file I get the error message "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the file". I'm on 32bit XP.

I have just downloaded the SGA1566 32-bit installer and it runs fine XP. I am sorry but I cannot reproduce your issue.
Just a wild guess... maybe your antivirus software is messing things up.

Any chance of a dll rather than installer?

Regrding people who cannot load dlls into Reaper or other DAWs.
From what I have managed to find out, and I could be wrong, it looks like you are missing a dependency dll, or more than one dll.
Unfortunately I cannot tell you which dependency is missing. Dependency walker ( free download at http://www.dependencywalker.com/) should be able to tell you which dependencies are missing.
If there is a dependency missing it should be an MS one.

@SGA
Makes sense, but since aliasing and thus oversampling are more issues at lower sampling rates I wonder if there is a possibility of an alternative filter and possibly letting the user decide which to use? I imagine higher reported latency wouldn’t be much of an issue for most people so it really comes down to any other audible effects such as ripple etc. Anyway, my knowledge of filters is pretty basic so I will just leave it as something for you to consider :)

Also, I guess saturation style plugins are generally susceptible to aliasing but what is your opinion regarding aliasing being a likely issue at 44.1 with no oversampling for this particular plugin?

Cheers,

provoc

provoc wrote:@SGA
Also, I guess saturation style plugins are generally susceptible to aliasing but what is your opinion regarding aliasing being a likely issue at 44.1 with no oversampling for this particular plugin?

Cheers,

provoc
Aliasing depends on the track you are working on and how much overdrive/distortion you apply to it.

What did the newest version fix?

will be checking this out ASAP. Thank you SO MUCH for the mac version! Peace :) Will be back when tested :)

Hey SGA, could You try to reduce the CPU loud??? My DAW have an AMD 64, 6gb RAM with XP 32 but I have some flow problem to use it instead the guitar preamp go good! anyway thanks in advance!

I hate to be asking this but can you please add a dll download?
I really want to test this plugin but i prefer no installers.

zeep wrote:I hate to be asking this but can you please add a dll download?
I really want to test this plugin but i prefer no installers.
+1

Examples on website need to be rms-volume matched. Otherwise it's not a fair comparison from a psychoacoustic perspective.

Return to “Effects”