Slate says Monday for VMR

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BiTWig
:wink:
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Has anyone downloaded just the license for Revival, and not the trial for the other modules? I wanted revival but didn't want to use the trial period on the other modules just yet

There is a separate page on their website for VMR and another just for Revival, which I selected, and then received a slate email for Revival. When I went to redeem the email code it seems to include the trial for the other VMR modules though????

kenobi77 wrote:Has anyone downloaded just the license for Revival, and not the trial for the other modules? I wanted revival but didn't want to use the trial period on the other modules just yet

There is a separate page on their website for VMR and another just for Revival, which I selected, and then received a slate email for Revival. When I went to redeem the email code it seems to include the trial for the other VMR modules though????
Hm i to me was the same installed the whole bundle and kept after expire the Revival..

lacandon wrote:
kenobi77 wrote:Has anyone downloaded just the license for Revival, and not the trial for the other modules? I wanted revival but didn't want to use the trial period on the other modules just yet

Hm i to me was the same installed the whole bundle and kept after expire the Revival..
I asked Mr Slate exactly this (a separate license) and let him know how lame this "4 expired DEMO licence bundle on your ilok" system is. His answer:

".....the free Revival comes with a DEMO of our VMR Bundle. It will just go away as a demo license. If you don't want revival or if the demo license is not something you are comfortable with, there is no need to download it."

Pathetic....

^^ A bit harsh from slate, but this revival thing is nothing but a commercial fishhook, so that make sense.

budweiser wrote:^^ A bit harsh from slate, but this revival thing is nothing but a commercial fishhook, so that make sense.
I guess its the most worth from that bundle btw,rest of the bundle its something i can live without especially after the Compex release i find it way more powerful !

^^ i demoed and found the red comp to be fantastic on almost everything. And i basically dislike slate digital :D . But i'm afraid soon or later they'll have my money on this one.

budweiser wrote:^^ i demoed and found the red comp to be fantastic on almost everything. And i basically dislike slate digital :D . But i'm afraid soon or later they'll have my money on this one.
Yep its good one but not bettter for my uses then the Compex witch its really versatile and has huge balls.

Steven said he ordered 4 new units to be modelled lets see who they are hope he comes up with something interesting and not so vanilla classics..

Also its still in development no trims and etc i guess they rushed because of the ppl push for release this year,also very serous competition from Uad,Acoustica,Waves etc

Quite a few companies have the "tude".......I'm mostly over it. I wish it were different but I also wish people wouldn't murder one another. Yep, my hopes are too high.

I still love this product. I am a bit puzzled though that there seems to not be an "all in" setting on the 116. It didn't even occur to me that it wouldn't be there :shrug:

AND, I don't think it's really that efficient CPU wise. Seems to push bitwig and studio one pretty hard (not so much on live)

thanks for your responses. It's strange that they now actually have the Revival as a separate product and even though email they send states revival. Probably it's intended to happen perhaps ??? TBH I think it's fair enough if they say you can have a free item if you demo our stuff, but appreciate why you wouldn't ZINO.

My real reason for not wanting to demo is because the best defence I have not to buy plugins is not to demo them in the first place! It's like some sort of addiction lol, abstinence is the only answer! Although I'm drawn to the SSL eq, which is the module that seems to get the most universal approval.

@lacandon I will check out compex some day, but the comp I'm currently demoing is Presswerks, and likely to pull the trigger on that one (see above :hihi: ).

@hibidy I reckon the reason the all buttons is omitted is either they didn't have time to model it, or they couldn't get it good enough by the release date. But I reckon it will come as it's a strange omission, but then Slate aren't the quickest at revisiting their released plugins.

Compyfox wrote:
antithesist wrote:Are you saying the mic and line buttons on the IK 1073 model don't do anything?
Quite the contrary.
The preamp in the IKM versions are IMO a bit too strong for my tastes. And, you can't turn them off.

The concept of the IKM Neve's are, that they are used standalone, and not necessarily "stacked" (read: mixing-and-matching). Due to the fact that you can't turn off the preamp in there (read: there is always a preamp active!). So stacking with a console type emulation would be absolute overkill (and not sound pleasant - at least it didn't to me).

Hi Roland, i shortened the post for the bit that i wanted to focus on, but thanks for the pre quoted post as it had some very useful information.

I am not very familiar with 1073 hardware, that's something over my time doing music that has eluded me besides one session only, ever, where a client brought his own in as he wanted me to use it. But that was so long ago I can't even remember, was new to the game and didn't know much about anything! My goodness, i didn't even have a wrinkle on my face yet and had both ears, LOL!

so i have been doing some research on it, and one thing that confuses me.

if the IK one is modelling all the nuances of the hardware, and VCC is modelling say an analog desk i/o path, and someone uses a real 1073 hardware to record something, but they are mixing the song afterwards thorough a real analog desk (let's say for this scenario someone has tracked the audio to the computer but each audio interface output is going back into an input in the analog desk), wouldn't this also reproduce the "undesirable" scenario that VCC and 1073 plugin together produce? I mean my point is, i am sure in life, there has been every possible combination of analog hardware interfacing with other analog hardware...and in all these years there has been some great sounding music...

What happened to those before digital recording even existed and they were using a 1970 early edition 1073 and an old school console? They would have no choice but to have them plugged in together, and then recording to tape to top it all off! (the tape would obviously be going back through the desk).

So, in theory, one should even be able to use vcc/satson/NLS, VTN/Satin/Reelbus etc ect, AND the ik all on the same channel.. as this would have been done in the real world in analog many times!

My question therefore is, is it possible IK did not model the circuitry of the 1073 correctly?

I am sure if we push them they will add a switch to turn it off, i mean they are a very receptive company, and just use it as an EQ. When you think about it, so many plugins are offering some sort of analog modelling "mojo", that it all stacks up, of course. But this has been going on for years and your comment took me by surprise that the IK can't really be used in combination with a console emu. I never heard this about other plugins.

This tells me that there is something perhaps actually "wrong" with the IK. Logistically, that's the only thing that makes sense, no? (i am NOT saying there is a problem with it, or that it's not accurate compared to the hardware, as i honestly don't know. Hence this post..What I DO know is i like using it, it sounds pretty darn wicked for boosting AND cutting and so easy to use, unlike the crappy unergonomic and very ugly sounding waves version - ugh!)

So, the scenario is, a hardware 1073 going through a analog desk do not sound good in the real world, OR, the IK is modelled inaccurately, OR it's just your personal taste. It has to be one of those three.

I need to try this out in combination with other analog emulation plugins myself, but i guess if there is a problem, it's quite easy to just not have a vcc or equivalent on that channel that uses the IK neve, or even just use the Ik never on every single channel as a vcc alternative for certain projects (i.e not necessarily using the EQ portion).

Would love to hear your further thoughts,

Cheers, hope you been well!

I can't get the revival to do anything. I've turned the knobs every which way.
The meters move but i'm not hearing any difference. The other plugs sound great.

bill45 wrote:I can't get the revival to do anything. I've turned the knobs every which way.
The meters move but i'm not hearing any difference. The other plugs sound great.
It absolutely does something, maybe putting a full mix thru it will be more apparent?

I have a feeling bill is running into the same issue I was with VCC :)

To my ears, revival is pretty dramatic when everything is up all the way. I haven't used it much though as it can be a little shrill when you get it to where it's effecting things. I still haven't tried in on a master. Something to do today :hihi:

kenobi77 wrote:But I reckon it will come as it's a strange omission, but then Slate aren't the quickest at revisiting their released plugins.
Weren't they supposed to release mono versions of VBC and increase the sidechain frequency cutoff as well? I don't think I've seen that either.

-Sam

Return to “Effects”