U-he's Presswerk or The Glue?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No just an ice cream construction kit plugin, still alpha, don't expect it before 2016. It will have zero delay freezeback filters, though!

What is "business ethics" in this business? I rather buy or not. I don't need the plugin to live. And for the company the price is a question of being competetive on the market. I don't get what has to be "ethical" about it.

To the original post:

Try your native compressor plugin in whatever DAW you have, guessing it's one of the main industry types of DAW I'm sure it will do the job you asking, I seriously don't get the obsession with 'Analogue emulation' in the field.

If you want some saturation or warmth, try saturation and tube plugins or waveshaped distortion on a low setting, nearly all the users here at KVR know that, that is the bottom line, and if we just sat an mixed properly with the gear we've already got we probably don't need half the kit we've bought.

I use Izotope Alloy 2 as a 'Multi Tool' to help keep my settings, patches and mixing in a useful box with an easy UI and because the CPU is low on my system to justify the outlay. the point being, that I have to justify my plugin purchases with more than one need in my music making.

Buy, whatever tool you feel really helps in more than just one way.

Jens, it's been a trick question because there is no way I can answer it, yet your question suggests that I'm wrong. I'm not. I can link to hard evidence that this marketing technique exists for the very reason, and why it's forbidden in Europe. I'm just too busy to google that for you, and it's so evidently true that there's no requirement for me to prove the claim.

jens wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote: If it only applies to a minority of people, but that minority of people constitutes enough sales for the proposition to be successfully profitable, then it would still make sense.
No, it would not.
yes it would.
Define "profitable" in the context of Urs' claim.
I dont need to, thanks.
"Profitable" would clearly mean selling more plugins than without the sales-tactic.
No, it 'would' mean nothing of the sort, and definitely not just because you say so. And for the record, I actually know what I intended when I said that, so please don't try and tell me it should mean something else, that's a particularly crass tactic even from you.
Look again at the last bit you quoted and which you dismissed so quickly.
No, I dont need to thanks; I think I made my point as to where your claimed 'basic logic' was lacking as logic and your zeroing in on a minor fragment of that hardly reinforces its solidity particularly since you're not making much of a case against it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Right now I'm testing Presswerk on a bass-heavy trance track against my PSP Mastercomp, where my usual settings are dialed. I definitely like Presswerk more. Difference is not in your face, but noticeable - the presswerked version is a bit more alive and warm. I switched off the Anlg button but dialed quite a bit of saturation and it works.Unfortunately my Glue demo has just expired, I also added DC8C2 to this test but it comes nowhere near close. I'm not sure I'll find a better compressor for 65 bucks (still, should try the IK ones).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Yes, it's really nice with bass-heavy material.
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

I agree with 3ee that they maybe shouldnt have included the easy templates for the 1176/mu/etc. It encourages you to directly compare them with the current circuit-modeled incarnations. I myself was comparing it to the fxpansion chancomp and vbc fg-mu and they sound nothing like eachother, even with anlg disabled. I found myself being disappointed that it was so far off from the hardware. I'm guessing that's not what u-he had intended.

However, seeing as how presswerk is meant to be a construction kit compressor, it would be cool to extend the ranges on parameters, like faster attack, higher ratios, more saturation options, sidechain eq, etc. I think that a lot of people are going to start comparing it with compassion and the arguments are going to go on for years.

-Sam

My gosh mates. Let's save the high school philosophy course for another day! Not trying to be rude but these discussions of logic are obscenely elementary/simple but phrased to look much more complex and intelligent then they are. I don't think they are fooling anyone. Like I said, high school philosophy course. This isn't worth the debate. Urs is right.

masterhiggins wrote:I agree with 3ee that they maybe shouldnt have included the easy templates for the 1176/mu/etc. It encourages you to directly compare them with the current circuit-modeled incarnations.
Maybe just not use the "hardware" names for them?

However I for one will unlikely find much use for them. Imo the main panel is sufficiently clear, I feel no need for simplified modes (which in fact are just presets with restricted access to controls).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

jens wrote:
Urs wrote:
ATS wrote:There is A LOT of competition for compressors nowadays. And with places like Waves offering very good ones for peanuts I think any new one over $100 is a tough sale for most people.
What people really want is an expensive plug-in for less money. A plug-in that's priced 200+ and bought for, say, 99 gets much more attention than a plug-in that is always priced 99. So the ideal plug-in is one that is priced very high and that's always on sale for half the price. Fortunately this kind of marketing is forbidden within Europe - which doesn't really help, because this is the internet and some companies don't give a damn.

As a European company with built-in business ethics we have to find a sweet spot between "expensive enough to be considered pro" and "affordable". At the moment we think that 129$ is that sweet spot even though I have a vague feeling that it may be a tad too cheap.

How does your theory explain the success of companies like Valhalla, Klanghelm and SKnote? :razz:
I've just read at macrumors.com that Klanghelm is going to absorb Apple, true story.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

What a discussion.

So jens, I guess you nailed them all with your superior logical capabilities, did ya? ;-)

:hihi:

What a discussion.

:roll:

Where might a loyal U-He customer find Presswerk? Not on the U-he site, right? I would really like a clue here please.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:Where might a loyal U-He customer find Presswerk? Not on the U-he site, right? I would really like a clue here please.
I did a search here (duh) and provided my own clue. I'm always gravitating towards developers own sites for info on their products. I should get with the program...
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:
rustman wrote:Where might a loyal U-He customer find Presswerk? Not on the U-he site, right? I would really like a clue here please.
I did a search here (duh) and provided my own clue. I'm always gravitating towards developers own sites for info on their products. I should get with the program...

You made a funny! developers.. info on products.. get with the PROGRAM (both an application and info) :ud:

Return to “Effects”