U-he's Presswerk or The Glue?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VitaminD wrote:
rustman wrote:
rustman wrote:Where might a loyal U-He customer find Presswerk? Not on the U-he site, right? I would really like a clue here please.
I did a search here (duh) and provided my own clue. I'm always gravitating towards developers own sites for info on their products. I should get with the program...

You made a funny! developers.. info on products.. get with the PROGRAM (both an application and info) :ud:
It's the systems analyst in me. I'm going to analyse this public beta next.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:
rustman wrote:Where might a loyal U-He customer find Presswerk? Not on the U-he site, right? I would really like a clue here please.
I did a search here (duh) and provided my own clue. I'm always gravitating towards developers own sites for info on their products. I should get with the program...
Ah, sorry… the website will see some major changes shortly, including Presswerk and Hive - we're just waiting for a new beta to emerge and some articles to be fixed up. We will have to temporarily drop MFM2 and Filterscape from our main product navigation bar (who would have thought we'd ever have more than 6 products?), only to bring them back after yet another major redesign. Things are buzzing at the headquarters, it's difficult to line everything up :oops:

Urs wrote:Things are buzzing at the headquarters, it's difficult to line everything up :oops:
That's what you get when you're testing a synth named Hive.

Urs wrote:Ah, sorry… the website will see some major changes shortly, including Presswerk and Hive - we're just waiting for a new beta to emerge and some articles to be fixed up. We will have to temporarily drop MFM2 and Filterscape from our main product navigation bar (who would have thought we'd ever have more than 6 products?), only to bring them back after yet another major redesign. Things are buzzing at the headquarters, it's difficult to line everything up :oops:
I was considering Filterscape or MFM2 (unless Hive steals the show) as my next purchase to take advantage of my survey discount....will they be absent from the site for long?

ftech wrote:
Urs wrote:Ah, sorry… the website will see some major changes shortly, including Presswerk and Hive - we're just waiting for a new beta to emerge and some articles to be fixed up. We will have to temporarily drop MFM2 and Filterscape from our main product navigation bar (who would have thought we'd ever have more than 6 products?), only to bring them back after yet another major redesign. Things are buzzing at the headquarters, it's difficult to line everything up :oops:
I was considering Filterscape or MFM2 (unless Hive steals the show) as my next purchase to take advantage of my survey discount....will they be absent from the site for long?
Not absent at all! We'll just move them into the side bar for a couple of weeks :clown:

Urs wrote:
ftech wrote:
Not absent at all! We'll just move them into the side bar for a couple of weeks :clown:
Splendid!!

Ok should have read the manual earlier. The ANLG switch is phase smearing, it is the effect used in Radio and it is called phase rotation.

Cool, now I am finally absolutely sure what this effect is though I still don't know how to replicate it with just an all pass filter.

Need to experiment some more. Some explanation is in the manual though.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Cool, now I am finally absolutely sure what this effect is though I still don't know how to replicate it with just an all pass filter.
you need several all pass filters AFAIK, the more, the intense the effect...

whyterabbyt wrote:"John really likes ice cream" does not mean "John only likes ice cream."

It either means "John genuinely likes ice cream" or "John likes ice cream a lot"
I do genuinely like ice cream :shrug:

Aiynzahev wrote:Ok should have read the manual earlier. The ANLG switch is phase smearing, it is the effect used in Radio and it is called phase rotation.

Cool, now I am finally absolutely sure what this effect is though I still don't know how to replicate it with just an all pass filter.

Kilohertz Disperser plugin seems to do this phase rotation as it's main attraction. I have it, but haven't used it to any great effect

Rah wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Ok should have read the manual earlier. The ANLG switch is phase smearing, it is the effect used in Radio and it is called phase rotation.

Kilohertz Disperser plugin seems to do this phase rotation as it's main attraction. I have it, but haven't used it to any great effect
Yeah I know and it's variable and cheap. I have it too. I just want to know how to do it manually I guess. Maybe the Disperser manual will explain it some more. At the moment I just realized I don't have an EQ that has all pass.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Try four allpass filters tuned to 2k to start.

I can't remember if you mentioned it here (Urs), but it just occurred to me that the whole "geek factor" thing is a much bigger deal to me than I had realized. Although my skills are nominal, I love knowing that any plugin that I buy will let me dive in "too" deep if I want. You won't see that in my survey because I hadn't realized it until now. Bazille looked scary, and it's chock full of geek, but I'm managing. Perhaps you've hit a good combo of approachability and excess tweak possibilities?
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

This thread on GS has some discussion and some links - I liked this one.

xh3rv wrote:

This thread on GS has some discussion and some links - I liked this one.
Thanks, that was cool.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Return to “Effects”