My Ik Tracks requests! Please feel free to add your own!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to see :
Compressors :
Cranesong STC 8
Shadow Hills Vandegraph
Daking Fet 3
Drawmer Lx 20
Chiwsick Reach
Eqs:
Updated Pultec
Avalon stuff

I love my Distressor and my Avalon 747sp. I'd be surprised if someone successful replicates either as a plug.

I'd get them if they did though.
:tu:

I just want a oversample on export option on my Bus Compressor :D

Digital Delay (have the Tape Delay....love it)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Creative effects -- Delays, Phasers, Chorusesses, Distortions...

and T-Racks catering to Vocals specifically.. micro pitch shifting and EQ/DeEsser, Compression, and Reverb all in one or cheap stand alone that can fit into the T-Racks Shell.

Build your own monster Stereo chain!

Updated EQP De-esser and 670 are good ones.
Updated spring reverb and a singles version.
Massive Passive

jrides wrote:Updated EQP De-esser and 670 are good ones.
Massive Passive
I'd love to see updates, but don't think IK would do that.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechwood
I'd love to see a really good vinyl plugin. Something that can recreate the old funk 45 sound, so you can make your own samples, breakbeats, grunge stuff up, even go for the proper 1930s gramophone thing. Izotope vinyl was useful sometimes, but kinda old. It's only 32 bit too, so it doesn't work in logic x now. I'm pretty sure IK could do a much more convincing job of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash
Yup, something like the Sonitex STX-1260 plugin, taken to a new level.

I think this would be great. A bit outside of what IK is doing lately but what a creative tool, modernized, 64 bit, cross platform... seems like a winner."

... From a GS thread about a year and change ago. This is what I'd like to see...
"What we play is life" - Louis Armstrong

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
jrides wrote:Updated EQP De-esser and 670 are good ones.
Massive Passive
I'd love to see updates, but don't think IK would do that.
Why not they will benefit from that, the updated Uad Fairchild its fantastic feels so much acoustic ! Everyone will prefer native version because it will have much more instances then with the Uad Card !

It would be cool if the T-Racks was drag and drop and wireable a la Minihost Modular.

Module to load third-party plug-ins - Both TrackS and AmpliTube > That would make it real neat to use T-RackS singles inside AT and even AT bits in T-RackS (along with anything else that takes one's fancy)

Multiple outputs in AmpliTube, An output for each microphone would make sense and add even more realism/versatility, Thanks to Hink for mentioning that one as it is stuck in my head now as a "why is that not in place on any of the mic'd speaker cabinet plugins?" - Capitalize on this one first if possible

T-RackS bits:

API 2500 to go with the other modules
Aphex Aural Exciter type 3 with optical 'big bottom' (The old one Waves modelled is crummy, This is the one for whamming kicks and snare drums through IMveryhumbleHO)
2-track master Tape Machine, Doesn't have to be based upon/modelled on anything anally, Just to get the high-quality impurities that most dedicated 2-track 1/2" or 1/4" setups deliver with the potential for creative (ab)use
Decent and dedicated Gate/Expander, Drawmer would be a good bet DL241 for the "Programme Adaptive expander" function, A DS201 for gate and say the LX20 for expansion along with doing turning a fine trick as a compressor
dbx 160A for the Overeasy and hard knee curves, Yeah its not "boutique" but they sound great and get the job done in their own style. A "boutique" is where women go and/or men go to buy their woman (or mistress perhaps) some fancy and sexy lingerie which gives them an instant boner...Not for mic pre-amps, equalizers, dynamic controllers and other processors or effects. I'm as sick of the term "boutique" now as I have been sick with the 'true-bypass' in the land of pedals for years. Buffered is always better. Period, Oh yeah the Infinity + mode too is very useful
Why is buffered better? This man will tell you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOBn75-WN30, Not the first but you must get the point, The guy whom left Providence to start Free The Tone has much to say with clearly audible superior results and why the hell does anyone think Pete Cornish will charge you over £300 for a damned line driver/buffer? :lol:

Oh I've gone off what I had in my head now, I'll put in more as it comes back to my decayed memory. Good topic/idea and hopefully we'll see some of the fruits :tu:

All the best to everyone as always

Dean

AmpliTube bits:

Here's a request (not new gear related):

I love the XLN Audio Installer/Updater app. It's similar to NI's Service Center, but somehow seems slicker and smoother. Rather than having to log into my IK Account, download the updates, install T-Racks to get a few new plugs, install the Custom Shop update, get asked if I want to install Quicktime, get asked if I own ARC and if I want to install that update, yadda yadda yadda, I'd love to see an "Update Center" built into the Custom Shop.

Ideally, once logged into my account, it would track all my IK licenses and notify me of updates and ask me if I want to install. If I click yes, that should be it. No separate installer or windows prompts, just update everything in the same location things were installed into. And again, this should be true of all IK plugins.

And stop asking me if I want to install Quicktime or the ARC update! If I own AT3 or T-Racks I've already made a decision about whether or not I want to install Quicktime, and it should be smart enough to know if I have ARC. And what version of Quicktime is getting installed anyway? Is it always the most recent version direct from Apple? Or is it possible it's some older version? I never trusted that prompt for fear it's going to install an out of date version of Quicktime on my machine on top of a newer version.

Any updater should also be smart enough to update itself too. In fact, just do everything XLN does.

I'm also one for more "creative" effects.

Particularly a distortion / saturation box like a Culture Vulture. I mention the Culture Vulture because that's the one I always hear about, but any interesting distortion tool, even one that isn't an emulation. Particularly something that covers what I think of as a middle ground, I feel many do subtle or extreme well.

I'd like to see a distressor as well, not because I particularly want one, but because I hear so much about the damned things that I'd be curious to play around with an emulation. Mind you some say the love it because of it's versatility and that isn't so much an issue in the software world, so I wonder if it'd be as relevant in the s/w world as in hardware??

LOL @ buffered vs true bypass. I've never cared. All I care about is the end result I got. If whatever I had got me there it was fine by me! I've never noticed a difference big enough to piss me off. What I have noticed is when some pedals were just too quiet compared to the rest of my rig. Like the DanElectro Tape Delay.

kenobi77 wrote: I'd like to see a distressor as well, not because I particularly want one, but because I hear so much about the damned things that I'd be curious to play around with an emulation. Mind you some say the love it because of it's versatility and that isn't so much an issue in the software world, so I wonder if it'd be as relevant in the s/w world as in hardware??
Distressor has its own sound as well. Can help sources through a dense mix. I track vox with it as i always want main vid up front and intelligible.

Return to “Effects”