Tokyo Dawn Labs releases Kotelnikov (standard and GE)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR Kotelnikov TDR Kotelnikov GE

I hope the mouse wheel behavior is also fixed for Standard (32bit). Wasn't covered last night.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

@CompyFox: please send me more details about this via email. I can't reproduce this in wavelab 8. No matter what I try, it looks fine.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

It's in your mailbox.
Thanks for checking.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

camsr wrote:Hi Fabien, I think I've found a small bug.
I tried using the plugin in parallel (not using built-in mix) and the delay is not reported to the host correctly. I had to delay the dry route by only 8 samples (at 96khz) while the plugin reported 184 samples.

Hi camsr, latency reporting should be fixed now, please download binaries again (I'll send a newsletter around to inform all customers and subscribers).

Zombie Queen wrote:At first sight I misread it as Kotletnikov... :o
Rumours are that Fabien is already working on two other plugins which will be called Shnizlikov and Filettnikov.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

And one which adds balls to your signal:

Hoodyanikabolokov

:clown:
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Thanks Fabien!

jens wrote:
Zombie Queen wrote:At first sight I misread it as Kotletnikov... :o
Rumours are that Fabien is already working on two other plugins which will be called Shnizlikov and Filettnikov.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leider geil... :D

Lol, Filettnikov sounds good indeed :)

Some plots I posted over at GS:

Pure Peak stage, fastest setting, eco mode

Pure Peak stage, fastest setting, precise mode

Pure Peak stage, fastest setting, insane mode

The RMS stage produces almost no harmonic distortion at all, independent of timing settings, signal frequency and quality mode.

What about "YIN/YANG" modes, how it's affected on the sound? And also curious what "YIN/YANG" mean? :)

Usually I hate that the bus\master compressors crushing down the low frequencies, lose the air and flatten the overall dynamic but, with this compressor not happen (often even with extreme settings) ... Today I spend some hours to try it on different master channel of various (incomplete! -_-) projects...
Great on Rock songs, Acoustic music, Metal songs, Pop songs (a must)... So natural\transparent... Sincere Congrats\Thanks Fabien for the innovanion of project and for let me save a lot of money..!

Turello, glad it works so well for you!

What does the name mean? Is it a reference to the Kalashnikov.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

FabienTDR wrote:Filettnikov sounds good indeed :)
Indeed, I suspect it's gonna have something to do with pan...

Kotelnikov was a russian, who applied the Nyquist theorem theoretically on audio 30 years before Shannon. So the theorem should be called Nyquist - Kotelnikov.

Greetings.

Return to “Effects”