Tokyo Dawn Labs releases Kotelnikov (standard and GE)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR Kotelnikov TDR Kotelnikov GE

dwozzle wrote:
oneshotdeal wrote:Reaper has a feature to read the plugin directory as is, meaning you can create your own categories and structure just with subfolders. I can't think of anything better.
That model breaks down for large multi-plugin bundles that use a single install location for the whole package, unless categorizing only by vendor and/or bundle name is always what you want. I'd much prefer the ability to categorize plugins hierarchically as I choose, regardless of where they are physically on disk.
In reaper you can additionally create virtual folders and drag-drop plugins into those. So you can have plugins per vendor AND per type (or whatever other clustering) at the same time, while having the plugin in only one drive location.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

I'm not familiar with Sonar, but that sounds great.

Just to be clear, which I wasn't, I didn't mean Studio One's tools for this are state of the art. They're clearly not, and something I really hope improves in the next release, whenever that is. I just meant that the presets approach is the best way I know of to handle this in Studio One.

dwozzle wrote:I'm not familiar with Sonar, but that sounds great.
It is, it has been sitting there all this time just staring me in the face every time I add an effect and I never bothered to look at it, just there to do what I was there to do. It came to my attention just yesterday while reading a post on the Cake forums, :dog: better late than never, love it
Say NO to CLAP!

dwozzle wrote:Useful plugin organization is a really important workflow feature IMO, and isn't handled super well by many DAWs.
Cubase 8 has come light years in this area. Total control of organization of ALL plugins is available, and is independent of physical folder location on your hard drive.

vladg wrote: Interesting, why a lot of DAWs group plugins by vendor, BTW? Grouping plugins by their type (EQs, compressors, reverbs, etc.) looks much more logical to me. Just take a look at 2 extreme cases of vendor grouping: you have a lot of vendors with 1 plugin from each and all your plugins came from single vendor. Both cases are not comfortable to use and it means I must carefully maintain my vendors especially if I have a shitload of plugins :-)

Hi Vlad, unfortunately that's the only "official" choice we have in logic. Someone released an unofficial plugin manager hack that can change the names of AU's so one can set their own groups in Logic.

I like cubase method with vst2, cause what i do is choose to show vendor names but then put things in my own folder structure.

For example, if i have a folder with all my dynamics plugins simply named "dynamics".. then that will show up in Cubase, *followed* by the vendor, so i get that nice neat sublist in the main dynamics folder.

Vst3 took the power away from the user to sort, unlike vst2, but most vst3 plugins are in correct sub categories. Some are not however, or not in any, and it's a bit annoying. But better than the AU system.

TheoM wrote:
vladg wrote: Interesting, why a lot of DAWs group plugins by vendor, BTW? Grouping plugins by their type (EQs, compressors, reverbs, etc.) looks much more logical to me. Just take a look at 2 extreme cases of vendor grouping: you have a lot of vendors with 1 plugin from each and all your plugins came from single vendor. Both cases are not comfortable to use and it means I must carefully maintain my vendors especially if I have a shitload of plugins :-)

Hi Vlad, unfortunately that's the only "official" choice we have in logic. Someone released an unofficial plugin manager hack that can change the names of AU's so one can set their own groups in Logic.

I like cubase method with vst2, cause what i do is choose to show vendor names but then put things in my own folder structure.

For example, if i have a folder with all my dynamics plugins simply named "dynamics".. then that will show up in Cubase, *followed* by the vendor, so i get that nice neat sublist in the main dynamics folder.

Vst3 took the power away from the user to sort, unlike vst2, but most vst3 plugins are in correct sub categories. Some are not however, or not in any, and it's a bit annoying. But better than the AU system.
http://auganizer.com/
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Cubase 8 plugin manager is simply awesome:

http://youtu.be/nf_m35WvsU0

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I would like to know something. Is external sidechain capability planned (and, specifically VST3 support) for the future? Just curious.

Maybe, yes. We're planing a big update anyway.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

I am rarely blown away by plugins these days. I cannot begin to describe how impressed I am with Kotelnikov. I downloaded the standard version a while back but only used it recently (on the Master). Wow, just wow. My new favorite transparent compressor. Smooth as butter. I will be upgrading to the Gentleman's edition when funds allow.
Play it by ear

Kotelnikov is great, better then many much more expensive comps.

FabienTDR wrote:Maybe, yes. We're planing a big update anyway.
Looking forward to seeing this, the free version is so good that i haven't yet upgraded. The last SlickEQ update was an immediate purchase though, i suspect this one will be too.

Really glad to hear all the positive impressions even so long after honey moon! :)

:arrow: :arrow:
Last edited by ere2learn on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kotelnikov GE 1.5.0
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-kotelnikov-ge/

# New GR LIMIT control
# New ADVANCED stereo linking mode for improved stereo behaviour and lower CPU load
# New LIVE quality mode optimized for low latency applications
# New global setting "Always render at highest quality"
# New UI rescaling options: 100%, 125% and 150%
# Plugin toolbar and settings updated
# UI performance improved
# Minor fixes and enhancements

Kotelnikov 1.5.0
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-kotelnikov/

# New global setting "Always render at highest quality"
# New UI rescaling options: 100%, 125% and 150%
# Plugin toolbar and settings updated
# UI performance improved
# Minor fixes and enhancements

Return to “Effects”