2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

yes

Here a short composition based primarily on a kaleïdoscope slightly modified preset :

https://soundcloud.com/perbuatan1883/en ... e-yourself

An early experimentation on dry/wet mix situation for KS (in the case on cimbalom)

Love the Eastern sounding stuff mid way through :)

A cello portato patch playing a textural chord (Ambient Strings for MachFive 3), processed with 4 different Kaleidoscope presets from the same family/type - each instance of KS was rendered and then volume-automated, B2 reverb processes all 4 tracks, a Diversion drone is providing the low C.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/k ... nor-prison

SoundBytes Magazine reviews Kaleidoscope:
It goes well beyond any previous graphic synthesis system in its abilities. The headline for this article says “to the next level.” In fact, that’s an understatement, this has taken graphic synthesis several levels beyond anything previously possible.
http://soundbytesmag.net/wcaudiokaleidoscope/

And an interview with me if anyone is interested -- I tried to give some cool insights:

http://soundbytesmag.net/andrewsouterinterview/

(Hint: there is an Easter egg at the bottom. :wink: Seemed the seasonal thing to do. :D )

Interesting interview.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

Just as I suspected, you do have a brain the size of a planet!

lnikj wrote:Just as I suspected, you do have a brain the size of a planet!
Thanks. But I don't think so. I guess I am "reasonably smart" but prob not any more so than any of you...

Mostly I am stubborn and obsessive and demand perfection and am willing to pay the price to achieve it. That's the only secret. I try to share it to inspire anyone/everyone else to do the same... :tu:

Thanks for Easter egg and early Happy Easter. Will read interview, thanks.

Now that interview was interesting to me.
For one thing, it gives me some insight into the PERSON that is Andrew. It's kind of nice to get an idea who one is dealing with in the impersonal online world. I can definitely appreciate the work and commitment you've put into all things musical and technical.
I found another part of your philosophy that resonates (sorry) with me- the Yin/Yang relationship between trusting emotion when creating and diving deep into technology in the process. I've been at nearly a creative standstill for months now. I'm inclined to think that I haven't been able to toss all notions aside and strictly embrace the Yin side of things for a while, in a while. This can happen when one buys way too many toys in a short period and gets lost. It should not happen with balance. Finding that balance is a skill. I'm going to loosen up my head and just trust what gets laid down the next time I hit record. The time to get surgical, technical, clinical is after the dust settles (some of the time, anyway). ..as you were...
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Great read, great interview!

One question.... i get a warning with some presets from the 5.5 Static Filter category.... "Displaced Circles 002 was not found". So far just 3 presets (FIR Coat 01, Transport Tube, Tubular Inversion). Did i something wrong or is it "normal"?!

And.... just have to say it after playing a bit around with all the presets (or most of them). This (especially combined with B2 and/or Aether) is just pure magic. I mean real f...... magic :)

Thank you for creating this. I think this will give me endless hours of peace in my mind.

Cinebient wrote:Great read, great interview!

One question.... i get a warning with some presets from the 5.5 Static Filter category.... "Displaced Circles 002 was not found". So far just 3 presets (FIR Coat 01, Transport Tube, Tubular Inversion). Did i something wrong or is it "normal"?!
Ah, yes. Good find. I renamed a bunch of resource files at the last minute, and had to batch replace names in the preset files.

Out of 1166 factory presets, I think 3 point to a missing graphic. Not too bad percentage-wise. I knew of only one other one before you found these. We'll fix.
Cinebient wrote: And.... just have to say it after playing a bit around with all the presets (or most of them). This (especially combined with B2 and/or Aether) is just pure magic. I mean real f...... magic :)

Thank you for creating this. I think this will give me endless hours of peace in my mind.
Deep thanks man! Means a lot! :tu:

Hi

Just tried the demo but I am getting bad rhythmic crackles even with everything turned down (over sampling, resonators etc) any ideas? (I'm on a power pc set up for audio)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Effects”