2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Try this with feedback levels below 50% at not too fast tempos, so you can grasp the details - the picture still needs some rework on the colour front, but the structure sounds very interesting.

Sampleconstruct wrote: I try to stay away from the white noise source now, it produces sounds which are always very synthetic, organic input sources with lots of transients and a share of high frequencies and noise work much much better for my taste.
Good to know; I've used the demo with white noise exclusively so far unless you count images loaded via preset menu; but I've always turned the white noise up for sound..

Musical Gym wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: I try to stay away from the white noise source now, it produces sounds which are always very synthetic, organic input sources with lots of transients and a share of high frequencies and noise work much much better for my taste.
Good to know; I've used the demo with white noise exclusively so far unless you count images loaded via preset menu; but I've always turned the white noise up for sound..

To be more precise about this: I try to stay away from the white noise source with levels above 100% which turns KS into a self generating synthesizer, I do use the white noise sometimes to enhance transients, or to add some low end if the audio input source lacks low frequencies and doesn't excite the lower pitches in a tuning file or waveform, like in the video above where the bamboo chimes have no relevant frequencies below 600 Hz. The envelope follow function in KS works extremely well (at low feedback levels that is), with no lag at all, very precise/accurate.

thanks for elaborating

Yes, thanks for the help, Simon, and for the sample image. Seems absolutely true that you can use white noise subtly as enhancement. I'd been doing it already without knowing exactly why. Now I know... I always appreciate the "continuing education" as they used to call night- or adult-school. One question: in the context of KS, what is the envelope follow function?

lnikj wrote:
jtenney wrote: I agree about Audacity, have been using it to make waveforms, and it's very easy once you know how to do it. A question: where is the Paulstretch feature? is that what is called "sliding time scale/pitch shift"?
On the effects menu as 'Paulstretch'.
Well wow! Given that I just discovered and downloaded Paulstretch about 5 minutes ago, maybe I should get Audacity. Maybe the interface will be more friendly than PS. Either way, PS is cool. I have Machfive3, so I've got good stretch, but it's nice to have alternatives. :tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Well OMG. Audacity rocks. End of hijack. Continue please...

jtenney wrote:Yes, thanks for the help, Simon, and for the sample image. Seems absolutely true that you can use white noise subtly as enhancement. I'd been doing it already without knowing exactly why. Now I know... I always appreciate the "continuing education" as they used to call night- or adult-school. One question: in the context of KS, what is the envelope follow function?
With values below 100% the amplitude of the noise generator follows the amplitude envelope of the incoming signal, so no audio input, no noise signal, with values above 100% the noise generator constantly produces sounds and KS turns into a synthesizer.

Got it, Simon, thanks. Oh, and about Audacity, I have used it to make all my KS waveforms, no fuss no muss. Yeah, the Paulstretch works great too!

https://soundcloud.com/andrew_souter/wa ... ian-fields

12 KSs & 3 B2s, EQ, Dynamics, nothing else.

All sound comes from KS using the white noise generator.

A good ambience for relation, introspection, concentration etc. Happy (western) Easter! :tu:

Happy Easter; do other countries have a different day for it?

Thanks for Paulstretch tip

Musical Gym wrote:Happy Easter; do other countries have a different day for it?

Thanks for Paulstretch tip

yes, next Sunday in "Eastern Orthodox" countries...

good to know, thanks

Although it's not fully up front and prominent, the "aerial swine" sounds in this one were generated from an input track processed exclusively with KS and B2. I find the resulting sound fascinating. Overall, the track is three tracks that are all differently processed versions of a song on my soundcloud called "Clouds Pass By". This is so hugely different that it deserves a new title. Ircam TS, Pitchmap play major roles alongside 2 instances of B2 on sends.

https://soundcloud.com/rustman777/hazy- ... f-swine-v2

After 8 hours of migrating and installing things to my new 12 - core Mac Pro, I just ran a first test in Logic 10 at a 256 buffer and 6 Kaleidoscopes plus plenty of other instruments and FX were happily making music together without a single hickup. Haven't installed the 32" 4k monitor yet, but expect some spectacular videos soon. Things look great on the 27" thunderbolt too...what a quantum leap. :party: :party: :help:

Return to “Effects”