2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Galbanum wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote: I can't find any crash logs, but I sent you a dmp file.
thanks. i'm sure we will get this SSE stuff figured out shortly... thanks for helping. :tu:
My pleasure, it's trouble shoot vsts or replace deck planks in the back yard.... you win hands down.
You are allowed to choose? :lol:

lnikj wrote:Has what you've worked out for CPU here going to be something that can be/will be/might be applied to B2?
We consider our reverb line to be a fundamental part of our business and intend to give them some deep love and attention in the very near future. We've been piling up new technologies and features for them over the past couple years while we worked on other stuff in parallel. We have certainly not forgotten them. :tu:

I think we could make the same algs we use a bit faster if we redid them all right now, yes. How much faster? Not completely sure until we get into the details, but we intend to do so shortly, together with new features. We can't use all the same techniques for reverb that we have for KS, but there are some new tricks we can try. We will see. It's definitely a priority. Working on it. :tu:

Meanwhile I still use them all every day and think they are among the best (I'd say it more aggressively, but Simon keeps me humble, thanks Simon. :D ) out there and offer many features that are still unmatched to this day even after being on the market for quite some time now.

Sigor Ros just started doing some stuff with them for example, and we intend to do an interview once everyone can talk about the project.

Galbanum wrote:
lnikj wrote:Has what you've worked out for CPU here going to be something that can be/will be/might be applied to B2?
We consider our reverb line to be a fundamental part of our business and intend to give them some deep love and attention in the very near future. We've been piling up new technologies and features for them over the past couple years while we worked on other stuff in parallel. We have certainly not forgotten them. :tu:

I think we could make the same algs we use a bit faster if we redid them all right now, yes. How much faster? Not completely sure until we get into the details, but we intend to do so shortly, together with new features. We can't use all the same techniques for reverb that we have for KS, but there are some new tricks we can try. We will see. It's definitely a priority. Working on it. :tu:

Meanwhile I still use them all every day and think they are among the best (I'd say it more aggressively, but Simon keeps me humble, thanks Simon. :D ) out there and offer many features that are still unmatched to this day even after being on the market for quite some time now.

Sigor Ros just started doing some stuff with them for example, and we intend to do an interview once everyone can talk about the project.
I didn't imagine you had forgotten them :) The new stuff will be great to see. IMHO B2 is the BEST reverb, or the one I like the most anyway, but it is a CPU beast. I do catch my MBP trying to slink out of the room every time I think about firing it up :) It's not a problem on the iMac but, well, any bit of CPU improvement helps.

I'm sure the Sigur Ros interview will be very interesting. Cheers for the info!

Galbanum wrote:

Great to hear....and i have no problem to say it loud. I love Kaleidoscope but B2 (and Aether) is still my all time favourite piece of software for FX (o.k. together with Replika XT now).
Would like to have some extended delay (syncable) options in B2 :D
There is no reverb which has this depth like B2!
Of course Kaleidoscope followed by B2 is a trip indeed!
Would like to have a few 2CAudio apps as well....maybe in a few years.
However, 2CAudio stuff is just magic!
Mmhhh, or what about a 2CAudio delay plug-in? :hihi:

lnikj wrote: IMHO B2 is the BEST reverb, or the one I like the most anyway, but it is a CPU beast.
It can be (depending on settings). I don't deny it.

If we could magically reduce CPU usage by a factor of 5-10 and change nothing else, we'd conquer the universe for sure. :o I don't think these kind of figures are realistically obtainable, though. There are simply a ton of operations that are performed in B2. It's extremely computationally complex. We will do our best of course.

getting much better performance on MBP 2.2 i7 2012, 16 gb ram 10.9.5

lxegs wrote:
Hi Andrew

I' ve tested the latest build : this time, it's loaded correctly, detected the SSE 4.2 version.

but it's still unusable, once loaded, controls inside the plugins are available, but the audio engine seems crashed and Live doesn't respond, and crashed when trying to close the window .

thx

We've uploaded a new Win version that again attempts to get it working on SSE-only CPUs. Try this one.

http://www.designersound.com/product_in ... cts_id=116

Hi Andrew,

Just tested the latest build,but no luck,still audio engine crashed .

Thx

Galbanum wrote:
33tetragammon wrote:Andrew,

i would love to test but my account says zero downloads left after two failed download attempts and a very sloooooooow internet connection yesterday.
"order" the update again using the coupon code.

disable download managers if you are using any.
ok thanks, it works for the 1.10 update.
but i cannot download the Resource Library as well as the Achitecture Vol 1 since these also show zero downloads available.
should i send you the serial/proof of purchase in a pm?

The performance boost in 1.1.0 really is significant, I was just working on something this morning, adding more and more KS instances on the fly, then I noticed I was running at a buffer of 128 samples in Logic with 5 instances of KS (all dual engines, threshold off) all running smoothly + a complex CPU heavy MXXX setup on one of the busses.

Sampleconstruct wrote:The performance boost in 1.1.0 really is significant, I was just working on something this morning, adding more and more KS instances on the fly, then I noticed I was running at a buffer of 128 samples in Logic with 5 instances of KS (all dual engines, threshold off) all running smoothly + a complex CPU heavy MXXX setup on one of the busses.
ya, cool!

Denis says he can run 26 instances of the dual Spring, dual mod, 512 active line max-cpu usage test on his 6700k!! Compared to 7 with the 1.0 version!! Almost 400% improvement for AVX 2.0 CPUs!!

this was 14-15 for you and me with our $10K mac pro trashcans in 1.0! (and seems to be around 32 now). On 6700K things are crazy fast now! And I guess we can generalize and say Haswell gen CPUs and higher, those with AVX 2.0.

consider:

12 core Ivy Bridge = 32 instances
4 core Skylake = 26 instances

(in an intentional stress test... more in real-world presets)

OK, ya 6700k has faster clock, but still, some kind of magic is happening on the latest CPUs. will be interesting to try it on Broadwell E next month or so...

crazy!

Just installed Mac update - CPU use is impressively down even on my Sandy Bridge i7. It's actually playable now in realtime.

Sunday music, made with 2 instances of KS 1.1.0 processing various modulated noise sources, some MXXX/Reverbical process both instances.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -patchpool

I joined the party, and installed the latest version, but Logic X and DSP Quattro gives the same message.

OSX version AU here under Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon under OSX 10.10.5

I can send the crash report AU Validation tool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Let's try again! Third time's the charm, or is this the fourth? Either way, let's hope this is the charmed one. :wink: Denis indentified what likely caused the issue with SSE CPUs and has corrected it. :tu:

So we've uploaded a new Win version that again attempts to get it working on SSE-only CPUs. Try this one.

http://www.designersound.com/product_in ... cts_id=116

If it's good we'll upload the OSX version with the same fix tomorrow.

If build 476 is the correct one, it is still not working here. Very sorry.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Effects”