2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Den* wrote:I joined the party, and installed the latest version, but Logic X and DSP Quattro gives the same message.

OSX version AU here under Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon under OSX 10.10.5

I can send the crash report AU Validation tool.
Not seeing that error in Logic, just this:
Sample Rate 40,554 recognized [with different sample rates for different presets].
Check conflict between Logic Pro X and external device.

Sampleconstruct wrote:SR conflict warnings in Logic are CPU related.

So what can I do about them?

aMUSEd wrote:So what can I do about them?
The usual stuff to decrease CPU strain, increase sample buffer, set the new threshold level in KS to e.g. -48 dB, about 3 pages back it's all described.

Hi Andrew

Still no luck, same problems, even if the VST is just loaded on a return track without nothing sen to him. the audio engine stopped immediately .

i found it in visual studio debugging session :

Exception levée à 0x00007FFD87683EB6 (audplg64.dll) dans Ableton Live 9 Suite.exe : 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.

clement

and once again for you Windows SSE CPU guys:

http://www.designersound.com/product_in ... cts_id=116

this is b477 now. Only change is SSE-support stuff. If you are on win AVX there is no need to download this at the moment...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:So what can I do about them?
The usual stuff to decrease CPU strain, increase sample buffer, set the new threshold level in KS to e.g. -48 dB, about 3 pages back it's all described.
Well, it doesn't change anything whatever i do but at least it just happens when i switch trough presets while the playhead runs, never within a preset (which i had before 1.1. too often).
But even when i turn off the cpu warnings in Logic it is still there?!
So i can't switch presets on the fly while i'm doing a live recording. Must live with it.

Galbanum wrote:and once again for you Windows SSE CPU guys:

http://www.designersound.com/product_in ... cts_id=116

this is b477 now. Only change is SSE-support stuff. If you are on win AVX there is no need to download this at the moment...
I bailed on Denis, had to hit the road on short notice. Sorry I can't help get this resolved.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Cinebient wrote: Well, it doesn't change anything whatever i do but at least it just happens when i switch trough presets while the playhead runs, never within a preset (which i had before 1.1. too often).

Spikes in CPU ages when changing presets is expected, b/c when a preset changes, we have to recalculate everything(!!) in the setup, and you want this to happen as quickly as possible, therefore you want it to use basically all CPU resources available for a tiny slice of time like a few 10s or ms or whatever. So this is desirable...

but, ya, annoying that Logic can not disable these messages...
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galbanum wrote:
Cinebient wrote: Well, it doesn't change anything whatever i do but at least it just happens when i switch trough presets while the playhead runs, never within a preset (which i had before 1.1. too often).

Spikes in CPU ages when changing presets is expected, b/c when a preset changes, we have to recalculate everything(!!) in the setup, and you want this to happen as quickly as possible, therefore you want it to use basically all CPU resources available. So this is desirable...

but, ya, annoying that Logic can not disable these messages...
So i better don't ask for a preset morph option :D
...and yeah, Logic is a "bitch" :x

Hi Andrew

Finally it works !

I ve tested a few minutes, playing with different (new) settings and switching parameters , and i have found no problems @ all

thx

clement

lxegs wrote:Hi Andrew

Finally it works !

I ve tested a few minutes, playing with different (new) settings and switching parameters , and i have found no problems @ all

thx

clement
praise be unto the dsp gods! :party:

i found a bug !!

setting the parameter "oversampling" to something else than 1x cause audio engine to stop working (realtime & offline) and Live to crash immediately

sorry :)

lxegs wrote:i found a bug !!

setting the parameter "oversampling" to something else than 1x cause audio engine to stop working (realtime & offline) and Live to crash immediately

sorry :)
Yes, we are aware of this. This is only specific to SSE-CPUs. We will get is resolved.

The recommendation at the moment is like when you go to the doctor and say "doc, it hurts when I raise my arm" and he says "well don't raise your arm". :wink: In other words, at the moment, if you don't have an AVX cpu, just keep Oversampling set to 1x. As explained a page or two back, OS is really not 100% essential to KS at this point anyway.

Woot, Tell Denis congrats ! Can't wait to give it a whirl in a couple days
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Effects”