2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

We just optimized the String resonator modes substantially BTW... update shortly after some additional testing...

Shame there's no support for Snow Leopard. I was particularly interested in this, especially as I already have Aether, B2 and Breeze. I have a laptop running Mavericks but I rarely make music on it - my music studio is based around a desktop very happily running 10.6.8. The price of Kaleidoscope is too prohibitive for me to install it on another computer that I rarely use to make music. So I will have to give Kaleidoscope a miss, at least for now... :(

ganymede wrote:Shame there's no support for Snow Leopard. I was particularly interested in this, especially as I already have Aether, B2 and Breeze. I have a laptop running Mavericks but I rarely make music on it - my music studio is based around a desktop very happily running 10.6.8. The price of Kaleidoscope is too prohibitive for me to install it on another computer that I rarely use to make music. So I will have to give Kaleidoscope a miss, at least for now... :(

It's actually unknown AFAIK if we work on 10.6.8. We simply don't have it installed anywhere anymore to test it on. Apple doesn't make it real easy to support OSs this far back, as X-code keeps changing.

Did you try the demo on 10.6.8. It might work. We just don't know for certain.

jackmazzotti wrote:this sums up KS for me...
right on the money! ;) i'd like to add a scenario that stuck in my mind when trying to fathom the rhythmic/timbrel potential when the galaxy of Input modulation collides with the output modulation the way it is conceived in KS. the supermassive blackholes can be the user's right and left brain providing automation. today i will decide if i really desire this or not...it's the only thing I've been waiting for since Andrew mentioned it eons ago, but I DO feel the price is right, even though it may take a little time to realise what all one might get out of it afterwards. what i get out of it now is quite exciting, quick and new...and because I enjoy experimentation..well... whether the price is right or not it's still a hefty one so I'm going to inject some more of it into my veins right now as soon as the coffee is done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0XNyTp5brM

But you already seem assimilated, don't fight the force anymore.

Sampleconstruct wrote:But you already seem assimilated, don't fight the force anymore.
:dog: :help: ..... :borg: look, Simon... :dog: just... :cry: ...look i've already got quite an internal battle going on right now without your help... i do so hate being an adult WHY?! why can't i be irresponsible :scared:

I ask that to myself all the time...

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew. It does install successfully in 10.6.8 and it does pass the AU test and load into Logic 9.1.8. But there seems to be some sort of a sync problem - check out the strange Error message below (37186???). This is affecting the sound. (I'm not getting this problem with any other AU effect so I'm assuming it must be Kaleidoscope and not any external device. )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This is just the typical CPU overload message, the stalling causes the sample rate to run out of sync. Just switch off the warning messages in the prefs and bake your processors.

Hi Sampleconstruct. I switched the "Display Audio Engine Overload" messages to Off and re-started the computer. Problem hasn't gone away. I have no idea what you mean by "bake your processors".

ganymede wrote:Hi Sampleconstruct. I switched the "Display Audio Engine Overload" messages to Off and re-started the computer. Problem hasn't gone away. I have no idea what you mean by "bake your processors".
Remove them from the motherboard. Place in oven for 90 minutes at 180 degrees. Allow to cool. Refit to motherboard.

All will work fine then :)

It was a joke, KS will raise the temperature inside your computer a lot. The problem will only go away if you increase your buffer size. Switching off those warning messages only saves you the nagging.

lnikj wrote:
ganymede wrote:Hi Sampleconstruct. I switched the "Display Audio Engine Overload" messages to Off and re-started the computer. Problem hasn't gone away. I have no idea what you mean by "bake your processors".
Remove them from the motherboard. Place in oven for 90 minutes at 180 degrees. Allow to cool. Refit to motherboard.

LOLZ :party:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
lnikj wrote:

LOLZ :party:
Well, when I say "All will work fine", be assured that you will no longer see the error message in Logic :lol:

Nor anything else, but you go out more then.

Return to “Effects”