IK Multimedia Gear Credits Changes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Same here -- IK customer (many products), no email notice received. Not in Spam folder either.

cwig wrote:Maybe they are switching to a subscription plan? $9.95 per month for access to all Custom Shop Gear?
That company that's doing that...as controversial as it is. The subscription plan is optional. You can still buy their plugs just as you have in the past. Or, you can pay a subscription per month for all their plugs. It's just another option to what's currently available, and a pretty good one if you don't already have a number of their plugins. I'd have no problem with IK doing a similar optional subscription plan.

I don't see why this is a big deal, unless (and I'm starting to think this may be the case) people just want to have something to complain about.

ImNotDedYet wrote:
cwig wrote:Maybe they are switching to a subscription plan? $9.95 per month for access to all Custom Shop Gear?
That company that's doing that...as controversial as it is. The subscription plan is optional. You can still buy their plugs just as you have in the past. Or, you can pay a subscription per month for all their plugs. It's just another option to what's currently available, and a pretty good one if you don't already have a number of their plugins. I'd have no problem with IK doing a similar optional subscription plan.

I don't see why this is a big deal, unless (and I'm starting to think this may be the case) people just want to have something to complain about.
Exactly. Some people will complain about ANYTHING on the internet. :lol:

FWIW, I bought a bunch of gear credits in the last sale and then used some of them in the 5-for-1 promotion. I got a bunch of great new software and the price breakdown was about $15 or so each - a totally ridiculous price.

If IK wants to adjust their credit system a bit to stay competitive (with Slate & Waves who are both restructuring their pricing as well), who cares? Their quality is as good as anyone else's and their pricing is cheap to boot. I have some credits left, so I'm going to save them for whatever they release next. If they're worth a little less, who cares? I've -already- saved a lot of money on them anyway...

And, for anyone criticizing them giving us a heads-up about the coming changes, be honest - you'd probably be bitching if they changed the credit system -without- giving advanced notice. You just can't win with people who feel privileged, i guess LOL. :hihi:

The problem is the ambiguity of the message. Some prices may change but we aren't telling you how and what. Spend your credits now and when we tell you the actual changes only then will you know if you have made a good decision or a bad decision.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

surferman wrote:The problem is the ambiguity of the message. Some prices may change but we aren't telling you how and what. Spend your credits now and when we tell you the actual changes only then will you know if you have made a good decision or a bad decision.
How is that a problem? Maybe they haven't gotten their pricing nailed down yet - who knows? All they're trying to do is give us a heads-up that if you're (a) holding gear credits, and (b) on the fence about purchasing a currently available product, you may want to do it now rather than wait. Can you imagine the outcry if they changed their policy without any warning and the price of that plugin you were intending to buy went up? They just can't win for losing, LOL... :lol:

This company don't know yet how their prices will be changed in a few days? You believe that? :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

surferman wrote:The problem is the ambiguity of the message. Some prices may change but we aren't telling you how and what. Spend your credits now and when we tell you the actual changes only then will you know if you have made a good decision or a bad decision.
Ding. Nailed it.

With such little actual information, it seems more of a CYA move. So, when someone complains later, they can say, "Well, we made an announcement that prices would be changing. We're sorry that you didn't act on our warning. It seems we just can't win."

valerian_777 wrote:This company don't know yet how their prices will be changed in a few days? You believe that? :lol:
I don't know... and, the bigger point is neither do you.

They can have whatever reason they want. Do they owe you an explanation about every business decision they make? Man, the sense of privilege around here is stunning. :hihi:

Sense of Privilege? I agree, for one to participate in a closed monetary system by purchasing "credits" to buy goods rather than use the standard national monetary systems used to purchased goods, one has to agree to the terms of said system. But, I expect a certain stability of the system in order to hold my faith in the value of the "credits" that are used in the system. My experience is that the "credits" are very volatile. What we've learned is the value of the "credits" is totally based on the whim of the company. Most people expect any monetary system to have some stability or they lose "faith" in the system and don't continue to invest or use the "credits". If the people expected to use the monetary system don't believe in the value then the system is unlikely to succeed.
Hints are not information.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

sidrat wrote:They can have whatever reason they want. Do they owe you an explanation about every business decision they make? Man, the sense of privilege around here is stunning. :hihi:
The problem is the info they've given is kind of useless . . . some gear will go up, some will go down.
They decide what to put out there, and if they can't predict that people will be confused, then their skills are low. The vague info leads to a bunch of speculation (and this thread). I'm a long time lurker here, and I've seen this pattern from them many times. Give some hints, and then not answer questions.

The tone of Peter's reaction is similar to yours: We are the one's with the problem. But information that just leads to a bunch of uneducated speculation is just bad info to start with.

Time will tell what the changes are, and then it will be easier to predict if the vagueness was done on purpose or they just don't have someone who is capable of clear communication.

If it's all a ploy to manipulate people into using their credits, I guess you would think us "privileged" people shouldn't complain.

sidrat wrote: I don't know... and, the bigger point is neither do you.

They can have whatever reason they want. Do they owe you an explanation about every business decision they make? Man, the sense of privilege around here is stunning. :hihi:
Youre not kidding sewer rat.

who cares? who cares?
And, for anyone criticizing them giving us a heads-up about the coming changes, be honest - you'd probably be bitching if they changed the credit system -without- giving advanced notice. You just can't win with people who feel privileged, i guess LOL. :hihi:
Right you got everything YOU wanted from the custom shop...so "who cares" about anybody else? Wow, talk about privileged......
If IK wants to adjust their credit system a bit to stay competitive (with Slate & Waves who are both restructuring their pricing as well), who cares?
Please explain to me how raising prices allows you to stay competitive and then maybe this wont be the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard.

Your trend here is - since you dont want or need anything from IK, and have very little to lose, anyone that has any valid opinions, is "bitching and feels privileged"
You dont have any real thoughts on the topic, youre just here to tell people how above all of this you are, or call people out for having an opinion that you dont agree with.

So bothered by the "sense of entitlement" but still clicking on the thread. :hyper: Hope you are having a nice day sewer rat :hihi:
There ya have it...

Mmmmm ... Ultrasonic bitchin' :tantrum:

surferman wrote:Sense of Privilege? I agree, for one to participate in a closed monetary system by purchasing "credits" to buy goods rather than use the standard national monetary systems used to purchased goods, one has to agree to the terms of said system. But, I expect a certain stability of the system in order to hold my faith in the value of the "credits" that are used in the system. My experience is that the "credits" are very volatile. What we've learned is the value of the "credits" is totally based on the whim of the company. Most people expect any monetary system to have some stability or they lose "faith" in the system and don't continue to invest or use the "credits". If the people expected to use the monetary system don't believe in the value then the system is unlikely to succeed.
Except for the fact that we CAN use real money to purchase the plugs, right? Credits are just one option. If we don't like them or don't see the value in them, we can still use cash.

Don't get me wrong - as a person who's sitting on a fair amount of credits, I'm not thrilled with this decision, but it doesn't ruin my day either. I appreciate them at least giving me a heads-up. Ultimately, I understand that between the credits I bought (at half-off) and the latest 5-for-1 promotion, I've already saved a LOT of money on some great software. If you feel differently, then that's up to you.
UltraMoronic wrote:Youre not kidding sewer rat.
Hahaha... thanks for stopping by to start the name-calling. Guess I must have struck a nerve. :hihi:

Ultrasonic wrote:Your trend here is - since you dont want or need anything from IK, and have very little to lose, anyone that has any valid opinions, is "bitching and feels privileged"
You dont have any real thoughts on the topic, youre just here to tell people how above all of this you are, or call people out for having an opinion that you dont agree with.

So bothered by the "sense of entitlement" but still clicking on the thread. :hyper: Hope you are having a nice day sewer rat :hihi:
1+ sidrat, fanrat who cares really? :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Most whores will defend their pimp, because they love to be whores.

Return to “Effects”