AudioThing releases Fog Convolver - v1.5.1 - True Stereo!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fog Convolver

Hi there,

Is there no way to click to the next sample in the current IR's folder, I see one can choose presets, but how is one supposed to audition IR's?

If one wants to audition different IR's, it seems they must a) make a preset for every IR in their library, b) drag and dropping from the finder.

am I missing something here? Most IR verbs have arrow buttons for next\prev IR yes?

thanks

gwok wrote:Is there no way to click to the next sample in the current IR's folder, I see one can choose presets, but how is one supposed to audition IR's?

If one wants to audition different IR's, it seems they must a) make a preset for every IR in their library, b) drag and dropping from the finder.
I designed Fog Convoler with the preset browser in mind, so yes, if you want you can make your own bank and then browse from there or just drag and drop...for now. I was actually thinking of a way of importing whole folders of IRs as Fog Convolver Banks. But yes, I guess that another pair of arrows to browse would be nice as well. I'll think about it for the first update, but I'm open to suggestions.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

I think what it needs is to put IRs in the same browser as presets and handle them the same way, it would be great to be able to quickly audition and rate IRs in big collections.

aMUSEd wrote:I think what it needs is to put IRs in the same browser as presets and handle them the same way, it would be great to be able to quickly audition and rate IRs in big collections.
Makes sense indeed. I'll work on it.

Have a question,
Would it be an option to add the a possibility to change the start of the sample?
Since there's an enveloppe at disposal, that could add even more versatility.
Makes sense?
Anyway, this thing looks truly interesting, keep up the good work!

It appears to have a knob for setting the start point, nordickvr.

I think I've found a bug...which may be just REAPER related.

Using in REAPER 4.78, Windows 7 64bit.

On playback of a MIDI file, Fog does not do anything until you manually move a fader or knob etc

Example:
Set up a track with a VSTi and then Fog on it ( both the VSTi and VST have presets setup and working ). If I play the VSTi via my keyboard, Fog is ok.
Make up a MIDI file on the same track, stop playing keyboard and start playback of the MIDI file and Fog acts like it's bypassed or initialised. You have to move a fader/knob etc on Fog GUI to get Fog working again.

I've tested this on REAPER 4.78 and Studio One 3.
The bug ( if it is that ) is only when using REAPER.

Anyone else confirm this please...or is it just me going nuts :dog:

Love the logo, using the symbol for convolution between functions f and g, haha. :D

nordickvr wrote:Have a question,
Would it be an option to add the a possibility to change the start of the sample?
Since there's an enveloppe at disposal, that could add even more versatility.
Makes sense?
Anyway, this thing looks truly interesting, keep up the good work!
Yes, there are two knobs, Start and End, to edit the length of the IR.
Dunc wrote:I think I've found a bug...which may be just REAPER related.

Using in REAPER 4.78, Windows 7 64bit.

On playback of a MIDI file, Fog does not do anything until you manually move a fader or knob etc

Example:
Set up a track with a VSTi and then Fog on it ( both the VSTi and VST have presets setup and working ). If I play the VSTi via my keyboard, Fog is ok.
Make up a MIDI file on the same track, stop playing keyboard and start playback of the MIDI file and Fog acts like it's bypassed or initialised. You have to move a fader/knob etc on Fog GUI to get Fog working again.

I've tested this on REAPER 4.78 and Studio One 3.
The bug ( if it is that ) is only when using REAPER.

Anyone else confirm this please...or is it just me going nuts :dog:
I'm downloading REAPER and I'm going to test it in a few minutes, but it seems to be related to the Playback rather than MIDI. Can you try bouncing the track and see if it works anyway?
EvilDragon wrote:Love the logo, using the symbol for convolution between functions f and g, haha. :D
Eheh, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out a nice name :D

May well be a dumb question, but can you load true stereo IR's into this?

Twrogstudio wrote:May well be a dumb question, but can you load true stereo IR's into this?
Not for now, just normal stereo IRs, but I will probably add support for 5.1 and true stereo in the future, maybe for a "Pro" version.

Sorry to ask, but what would true stereo IR’s add compared to normal stereo IR’s? Not familiar with this. At the end, would it make a real difference for the ears to have true stereo IR’s ?

True stereo IRs have 4 channels, not two. For left channel input they have two channels output (L and R), and for right channel input they have two channels output (L and R).

http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_re ... stereo.htm

EvilDragon wrote:True stereo IRs have 4 channels, not two. For left channel input they have two channels output (L and R), and for right channel input they have two channels output (L and R).

http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_re ... stereo.htm
Thanks for the link and short explanation.

But still, it's all technicalities. At the end, does it make a difference for the ears, or who cares?

Is anyone selling true stereo IR's?

Return to “Effects”